I made a Discord server

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by TheIvyX, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

> Be me
    > Have a role of Cardhuntrian Cardologist of Cardography
    > Go on a hiatus for months
    > Come back, become active again
    > Didn't know if there was a Discord server or not
    > Decide to make one myself
    > Add separate channels, some roles, make it look dank
    > @Sasoo8 comes online in the game
    > omgitstherealsasoo8wowwowwow.jpeg
    > I tell Sasoo about my Discord
    > "But there's already a Discord for Card Hunter!"
    > wat
    > Gets sent a link to the server, joins
    > mfw someone's already made a Discord
    [​IMG]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

So yeah, I probably should have looked up on the forums beforehand. There is a Discord but it only has 1 text channel and 1 voice channel.

If you aren't already aware, Discord is a voice and text chat that you can use either by downloading it or straight from a web browser. It's very popular in today's day and age.

I made my own Discord server for Card Hunter. It's got more than 1 text channel! I'd like to plan some more features such as a possible text-bot that will convert text into items from the wiki.

Here is the link: https://discord.gg/nYKaMnV

I have transferred over to Happenstance's server which you can join here: https://discord.gg/6vgy3bj

Ok bye now

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Okay, I made some changes on the old discord, which I've been ignoring but will use more often, pinky promise.

I've been on CH for four years and have rarely if ever lost my lollybag, so I'm going to retain ownership of the channel as that cool and level voice of reason.

I've given Farbs and Flax pretty much free reign over the channel - they have enough on their plates but should have the option to kick or ban people who are being consistently dickish.

I've added you as a role just under that - have at it, make the server great, add extra channels if you want.

3. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I moved my channels over to yours. That may seem like I'm intruding...I am. :p

It's a good thing though if you haven't already taken a look at it yet. As for my Discord, I'll get rid of the invite link for now. I'm not deleting the Discord in case I want to use it for other things (or have it set up for another server).

Happenstance likes this.
  4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Yeah no hassle at all, do your thing:D. Will save you a bit of work attracting new members, and a healthy Discord is definitely something that will help the game.

Sir Veza likes this.