[Guild] Intro to CH Guilds

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by neoncat, Feb 18, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

So you want to join a guild? Here's how to get started...

1) Browse the list of guilds below and talk to your buddies in-game or in-forum.
    2) Select a guild which suits your fancy.
    3) Contact the principal of that guild via a forum conversation or the multiplayer lobby chat.
    4) If the principal accepts your petition, he will invite you to a short initiation match.

== Guild Resources ==
    detailed explanation of guilds
    guild leaderboard
    list of guilds by founding date
    annales conlegiorum cardhuntriae

how to found a guild

== The Master Index of Guilds ==
    Double Rainbow - the most ancient of guilds in Cardhuntria; cats only
    Sorcererers - The best of Cardhuntria, united under the best typo of Cardhuntria.
    Power of Fires -
    Order of the Ivory Flame -
    420 YOLO Squad -
    NinetyNineKnaves -
    Latin Power -
    Designer's Den -
    Slowking -
    Rating Flayer -
    PizzaAndCoffee - The Italian guys.
    Braves of Glory - Join the fray, Stand as one.

(Guild principals - If you want a tagline, post it below and I'll edit the index. For now, I've only included guilds with a forum thread, since those are the ones that seem to be recruiting.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2018
    Farbs, Flaxative, Dakmor and 2 others like this.
  2. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

Any cats with such admirable fluency in Latin as Double Rainbow are welcome to bask beside the sacred fireplace! I find the warm spots are particularly good on Sunday afternoons in winter. :)

Susurrus in Gloaming and neoncat like this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

First of all, we're the Sorcererers, not the Sorcerers. This is important.

Second, good thread idea.

Third, for our tagline, "The best of Cardhuntria, united under the best typo of Cardhuntria."

ParodyKnaveBob and neoncat like this.
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

And I even reminded myself to check that I should have too many syllables! I will blame in-browser auto-correct (if such a thing exists, which I will pretend it does), or maybe that trying to count on claws is difficult... >_>

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm kind of sad that the guild scene hasn't seen more action. The Sorcererers seem to be the only large guild; Power of Fires's guild leader has disappeared; the top of the rankings are primarily dominated one-to-three-man guilds comprised of strong players who don't seem that interested in community building...

What can we do to breathe some more life into the metagame?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hostile takeovers!

7. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Double Post: I probably will get some time for [META] soon, so updates aren't actually that far off. There are things I've wanted to add for ages, but just haven't had time for. I'm super stoked about the possibilities with the custom scenario hash system too, but that probably won't hit live 'till all the new content drops.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

*shrug* It could only ever be about ranking (which will attract the exclusive, anti-social elements), or else just hanging out (which tends towards large groups of which the small CH community can't support more than a couple).

A way to transfer guild leadership might be a good way to revitalize certain guilds (my own included... >_>). It might be interesting if guilds could set up challenges for each other, but without an entire parallel economy (or support for gifting that could be used to integrate it into the main economy), there isn't much incentive.

9. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I should probably make a page for my (currently solo) guild... :-P

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I pored over the guilds a bit.

Here're 20 active guilds. The other 9 haven't played a game in the last week, so I omitted them from this chart.

Decided to also include the number of members each guild placed in the Spring PvP Season weekly standings, so you can quickly get a glance at which guilds have stand-out members. Most of this data is on Farbs's site; I just felt like making this compilation for whatever reason.
    [​IMG]

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Also, this might be one for @Megadestructo , but I think it'd be cool if guilds got their own subforum, maybe beneath General Chat. Thing is, the system is so invisible to anyone who isn't already in a guild... just having a subforum would I think direct forumgoers' attention: instead of scattered threads tagged [Guild], you'd see, oh, this is the section of the site for discussing guilds—that means there are guilds!

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Updated my guild charts (figured I'd do it at same time as season standings).

[​IMG]

As we can see, Power of Fires is really taking off under Vakaz's leadership after he staged the first (and bloodiest!) coup, ousting PoF founder Snorre. They're also dropping their own members like flies in an effort to be more competitive. In short, the Sorcererers' one-time populist rivals are now cutthroat elitists in the style of Order of the Ivory Flame and Rating Flayer. HammerTime is technically active again, since Hammyman logged one game this week in order to preserve guild stability. Also, Kablizzy formed Back Stabbath this week, and has already recruited two colleagues! Where will this new guild go? It'll be exciting to see. I hope that with Farbs working on guilds again, we'll see a bit more activity and vivacity in the guild scene.

(If this is the wrong thread for my guild-related comments, please let me know.)

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Me too! Why is my guild still not on the list?

14. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Y'all go ahead and discuss stuff here, until we get a subforum. :p

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oops! I confess I just assumed you weren't logging games Kalin. I'll fix that for my next week's list.

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

More guild rankings.

[​IMG]

Sorcs hit 50 members this week, and also seem to have had a rating surge. In general, guilds are performing pretty well. Still wish we'd see some growth in other guilds, either more of them or more members in them.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  17. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Double Rainbow is proud to consistently be the top-ranked non-scoring guild. (Excepting that one blip with Hammyman.) :D

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Your dedication inspires me.

Also, updated chart, since I messed up a thing.

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Guys, we did it. @Jon just gave us an entire section of the forums dedicated to guilds! Let's not make him regret this decision by being inactive and stagnant. :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Pengw1n like this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I missed last week, but here're the latest guild stats:

[​IMG]

Pizza and Coffee is doing really well. Fury's another new guild.

Power of Fires: congrats. Apparently cutting your 'dead weight' worked (though @Clubber Lang has been doing really well in the PvP season, so losing him might not have been smart).

@Stexe and @RevenantX continue to play the game of pretending to be guilds, but actually just being very good players who happen to compare their success against that of real guilds.

And, of course, the Sorcererers are still growing :)