Cardhunter Survival

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Veza, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Are there any mods?

How does a person become a mod?

2. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

There used to be mods; and I am willing to take the mantle if the developers choose to do so. Thats how mods are typically selected

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

4. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

That helps answer my first question, but begs a further question as to when was the last time any of those players was active?

It doesn't really answer my second question though. I have only been playing for just over 12 months but I'm a regular and would be happy to be a mod if required.

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm a forum mod, but not a chat mod. @Farbs PM'd me one day, and I said yes. That's all I know as to process, though I suspect if you've ever been banned from CH you're out of the running.
    What we need are well-mannered, even-tempered players. Preferably in different time zones, or at least those who play at different times. I readily confess I'm not terribly familiar with most PvP players, or who is active these days.
    I think @ParodyKnaveBob would be a good choice if he's still showing up regularly.
    Any recommendations?

fatcat__25 likes this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Thank you for the nod. I (once again) haven't been showing up regularly, which relates to my ... not always being even-tempered. I don't much want to talk about it, but I haven't been even exactly for the past few years, unfortunately not long after starting CH. If anyone wanted to still argue for my being a mod, I'd point that my venom is only ever really pointed at self (and then I suddenly remember that gulo gulo made a fine mod since it seems he was also only unfair to himself). I said my presence and play (and lack thereof) relate; well, lately, I um haven't wanted to "ruin the CH experience" by playing because I seem to've only gotten worse in the past few months. I hate being sick and not really being able to get well again. It's interesting to me how, in my opinion, it takes more mental composure to properly play CH than its *cough* magical granddaddy. $;^ J Ironically, CH's chat system allows the game to be more social and more antisocial simultaneously... (All that said, I've heard others off-handedly nominate me in World Chat before, but never in any official setting like the forum, and I figured, well, Blue Manchu hadn't said anything of their own accord, thus they probably didn't figure I could keep my values separate from theirs or something. ~shrug~ I dunno.)

Recommendations? Sure! I kind of recommend keeping this particular topic in the mods topic tolkien posted. $:^ P Lol.

Regards,

fatcat__25 likes this.
  7. snickersimba

I mean; I kow that while I have been banned in the past, the fact is I have gotten myself together for the most part and truly do want to help cardhunter by policing usernames and character names. I would be fine with limited mod status so long as I can help keep cardhunter clean.

8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Maybe if @snickersimba were made a mod he would finally give up on criticizing wizard builds, the developers, and talkative players like daggummit.
    Honestly, I'm willing to endure some salacious weirdness from some players in order to continue having a player-base.

Sir Veza and fatcat__25 like this.
  9. snickersimba

My criticisim is aimed at making the game better; and If I have criticized users before it is because they throw a tantrum when they are told they have to follow the rules and cannot name their characters poop or butts or boobs. If we want to keep a playerbase, we should remove the troublemakers.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's also question of judgement. You appear to be offended by names most would not find at all offensive.

Reint likes this.
  11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Fwiw, I don't enjoy names based on toilet humor (which I generally find offensive in and of itself) and/or body parts (which are intrinsically neutral -- [EDIT: unless they are intrinsically sexual, which invokes the TOS]), but I only report them when they're vulgar terms and/or descriptions for such. My sensibilities are not the rules. ~shrug~ (In fact, my sensibilities are that euphemisms can be offensive, depending a bit, but I'm just not gonna impose that on everyone else, and in fact, I know that many times when members of the CH community euphemize things it's because they're trying to be clean and respectful, which I respect and appreciate.)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  12. Sounds like the kind of even-handedness that would be mod qualification.

13. Reint

Reint Ogre

I'm not anyone important, so I know my opinion doesn't count for much (if anything), and if this comment is against the rules then I apologize in advance, but I'm going to say it anyway:

I'd really rather not have someone who has been banned for reason become a mod. Judging solely by the comments made in this thread, it sounds to me that a certain someone wants to become a mod for non-altruistic reasons, and I hope that the devs see that and discount them from any moderator positions. I don't have any personal issues with that someone; my opinion would hold for anyone that has been banned for reason.

And NO, this is NOT me trying to throw my hat into the ring to become a mod, as I am not around enough to be a good mod. I just felt the need to share my opinion on the subject.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You're wrong, @Reint , you are important. At least in my opinion.
    And I recommend @Susurrus in Gloaming because I believe he has the temperament. And if he doesn't, he'll question himself enough to develop it.
    Kalin and I simply don't spend enough time in chat to qualify.

Settemio likes this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Back when @Pengw1n was a mod, sure! But entropy is taking hold, we forum mods aren't as stringent as of yore, there is the thread NECRO precedent to be considered, and this at least (loosely) follows the topic of this thread, even if less specific.
    I actually get a warm fuzzy feeling when I get to delete a bunch of Bot threads/posts. They had abandoned us for so long...

Reint, fatcat__25 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

The bots are back! Cardhunter lives!
    Resurrection

17. fatcat__25

fatcat__25 Orc Soldier

In @snickersimba's defense, he does care about the game enough to bring up the topic, so we should think him for that. There are probably people who could handle the job of mod with more tact and care, but I am glad that he brought up the topic.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. snickersimba

No one said I was offended by the names themselves, the only thing that offends me is the fact they are going against the ToS, and that shouldn't be allowed. That is the one thing that matters above all else; if it follows the rules.

19. Reading this thread makes me sad about for how long I haven't played a single CH campaign level (I was never a big MP-guy). I'm even a bit surprised that the LF is still regularly found. But personally I think this is great that some are keeping the game populated.

Every app that connects to CH will have some variant of Flash one way or the other I guess, but I can personally report that Waterfox (as indicated by the name, a fork of Firefox) serves me well for some months now. I switched mainly because of (in my eyes) wrong decisions from Mozilla that upon others regarded their add-on environment. But that "unwanted" plug-ins like Flash are still running in Waterfox without annoying popups was another plus. And if this post manages to up the user-base of Waterfox a bit, I have helped two projects: CH and Waterfox. Either way, it would be necessary to have a Flash-installment at hand, so better try this out as long as you can still find Flash somewhere on the World Wide Web and keep a copy of Flash for future use (who knows) ;) .

Sir Veza and fatcat__25 like this.
  20. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

This thread went off topic. As a retired player, I don't have much interest in mods so I'd like to get back to the OP.
    Some years ago I thought about making an offer to fund CH, perhaps purchase the intellectual property from Blu Manchu. I loved this game so much that I wanted to see it get the success it deserved. More content, expanded marketing, integrated and functional guild system.
    The mechanics and systems are so great, I think CH's potential was never fully realised.
    From what @Jon is saying, it doesn't look like BM will be making a sequel any time soon.
    But it sounds like there's willingness from the community...
    If anyone wants to make a sequel or spiritual successor, we might be able to crowdfund the game. I hereby commit $5000AUD to any serious project.
    If anyone wants to contact me regarding this offer: tmaclurcan@gmail.com
    Thanks CH, you're the best.

Flandur, Vakaz, Nosgoup and 6 others like this.