Card Synergies and tips

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Bandreus, Oct 10, 2013.

1. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I swear I tried this before in MP and it didn't work, but then I realized that I had turned off auto targeting in SP but not in MP. I thought one would carry over to the other.

2. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I actually prefer using ctrl cause, if Auto Targeting is disabled, you might accidentally select unintended targets (sounds silly, but things can get very frantic when the match is intense and/or you're short of time. Or sleepy lol :) ).

3. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I've definitely considered doing this. If I could essentially move two units per turn without the need of a cantrip, that would be great. Are you saying it works pretty well, then? I'd be afraid that it would mean my wizards needed to stay within short range vision of one another too frequently.

4. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

It sounds like fun. It also sounds like suicide once the first real step warrior shows up.

5. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

It's rather huge circle, since your winds of war range is 6 :) it works really well, but requires a lot of practice at the start and some thought process!

6. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

Also, and the main reason I'm happy with the one on my warrior, it blocks Short Perplexing Ray, the morale blow to the opposing player when he finds out not only did you not discard two important attack cards when you came in range but all you spent on it was a Flimsy Block is great. and now you're free to bash that poor mage away.

ParodyKnaveBob, Pokemath and Bandreus like this.
  7. Ricey

Ricey Kobold

One combo I love is teleport self and charge. Great for doing the last few points of dmg needed to kill someone, even better if that's what you end the game with :p

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  8. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Wavering Faith added with something such as Arcane Feedbackworks if you're lucky enough. Means you don't have to end your turn with an extra card to get rid of the feedback, plus you can discard whatever Arrogant Armor is sitting in the back of your opponent's deck.

My favorite "real" combo, though, is the Acrobatic Flip/Lava mentioned earlier. It works well if you can get either an acrobatic shield or a Spear Of Dancing.

Bandreus likes this.
  9. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Reflexive Teleport with any of the priest buff/attack cards. Teleport can trigger on your own attacks, so stuff like Unholy Power or Unholy Wellspring can give bit of a speed boost for your mage. Too unreliable to get out of a tough spot, but fun anyway.

Bandreus likes this.
  10. shazbot

shazbot Mushroom Warrior

What synergizes with Dwarven Cry, you ask? Why more Darven Cries (2 more to be exact because all dwarf teams are OP). Bum rushes are extra effective with Sprint, Team!

11. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Volcano + Force Bolt+ Reliable Hide. It explains itself after you think about it for a while.

12. TheSench

TheSench Kobold

Healing Pulse with enemy block cards. Normally I try to avoid having this card in PvE, as I feel it would often help the enemy more than me. Unfortunately, it's on Trained Healer on my vampire priest. I was fighting goblins in the tree fort adventure and had become surrounded by two groups of full health enemies. I used Healing Pulse to try and regain a few HP and to my surprise, saw the enemy horde empty their hands of regular and missile blocks trying to prevent the dreaded healing of their wounds.

ParodyKnaveBob and Bandreus like this.
  13. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Just checked, you can't maze yourself. Tried playing with targeting options, Ctrl etc. nothing works.

14. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

^ Maze can't self-target, but it can target other allies.

doog37 likes this.
  15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I guess no card can be specifically used on the same character casting it unless it comes with the May Self Target keyword on it's description.

Zoorland likes this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Burst spells can target the caster's tile, though.

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Yeah, but targeting a character is not the same as targeting a tile, just like cards which affect every character on the board will still affect the caster regardless of the may self target token.

18. TeleExit

TeleExit Kobold

I notice that in MP , all those team movement cards e.g. Run,team seems like can choose the caster, is it true?

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Depend. Cards like Run, Team! and Sprint, Team! don't affect the caster, but "push other allies" only.

Other cards (like Team Run) let you move the caster in addition to moving other allies.

doog37 likes this.
  20. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

It's worth mentioning that in the SP campaign, there are great opportunities to get card synergies from enemy cards as well.
    As one example, I've learned that using Firestorm on enemies with Duck works great. They will feel compelled to throw it back at you, roasting all their friends a second time, basically giving you two firestorms for the cost of one.

Another one I've begun enjoying is the combination of Boiling Armor with any zombies effected with Festering Guts. Zombies try to use resistant hides to prevent allied festering gut damage, but removing that can turn them from a ticking time bomb into a huge chain reaction that wipes out the entire map in one round. It definitely helps when they're all members of a single minion group. Just make sure you've got a survivor out of harm's way, or are wearing your own resistant hide.

There are also a couple groups of enemies, mostly in the arena battles, who have a cleric who likes to just sit there and buff nearby allies over and over (even when the allied unit is already buffed, sometimes). Since a lot of those buffs are slightly damage dealing, it's fun to hand the cleric a free Unholy Wellspring and watch him just pound his own allies into the ground.