Build Deployment Downtime Tue 29 Oct 00:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

The server will be down for about an hour as we deploy a new build containing the annual Halloween content (ranked boards, figures, special items and figures).

Some local times:
    • US (PST): Mon 5pm
    • US (EST): Mon 8pm
    • Europe (CET): Tue 1am
    • Australia (AEST): Tue 11am

ThriceElite, Kornl, tolkien and 4 others like this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

WHOOOOO! $:^ D

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

And a new Mauve Manticore??? You've got plenty still to choose from.

4. aliciav

aliciav Kobold

pathfinding + Ancient Grudge exploit fix ????

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That is a valid interaction that doesn't require a fix. Without it, Ancient Grudge would be pretty useless.
    Just sayin'.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

can't login to card hunter still, is server destroyed?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Unlikely. The test build worked, but bad loads can occur. It isn't unprecedented.
    Be patient. Jon is probably working his ass off and swearing (speaking the language of electronics) as we post.

8. ThriceElite

ThriceElite Kobold

I managed to sneak into the Daily Deal right before the downtime hit. I think I saw the Tenderizer, Aegis of the Bat, Guztuk's Giant Gutter, and Make Haste as the legend and epics, but since the game went down right afterwards, I'm not exactly sure because I didn't get a chance to hover over the icons of the items. It was definitely a katana sword legend, an epic bat shield, an axe probably Guztuk's, and Make Haste tho. I kinda wish the downtime would happen like 30 minutes after day change next time so that we can doubledip Daily Deal right before the updates are applied.

http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/get-ready-for-halloween-in-card-hunter.4248/
    http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/get-ready-for-halloween-in-card-hunter.4248/#post-42513

In other interesting trivia, Pumpkin Bomb apparently used to be a copy of Azgul's Orb, not Wym's Fiery Pin. Alas to the dismay of farmers everywhere, it was changed because Firestorm was apparently still rangeless at that time or something. (Those sounded like fun times, rangeless Firestorm sounded like a fun farming tool) At least we'll get our fancy Black Cat Parrying Bucklers...

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I sent an email to support at the 3 hour point. I'm beginning to worry a bit. The test server version is still working well. Just farmed the loot fairy.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

WOO-HOO! Back up!

11. aliciav

aliciav Kobold

all right, when you take 25,26,27 damage three times you might reconsider it.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've run an Ancient Grudge elf wiz, and see 2 downsides:
    1. It can take a very long time for Pathfinding to show up.
    2. I have to run an elf wiz.

In my experience, such combo builds can be very powerful when they work, but tend to be inconsistent. High Elo players tend to hate them because a lower Elo player can shred them if the combo works.

13. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

I'd love to chime in on ancient grudge but what does that have to do with build deployment downtime or announcements.
    Blocks pretty much ruin ancient grudge, lifesaving block etc just like it would a pulverizing and all out attack. Ancient grudge is a troll build, fun to play for an off chance of surprising a good player. Should be more possibilities like it.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Lifesaving will almost never save you from Ancient Grudge, but other blocks will fine, yes. Despite being a major elf wiz player, I've never really tried much to make the AG+PF combo work; I've piddled some, but it's oddly enough not my strength at all. That said, oh noes, an elf wiz has been given tools to one-shot a dwarf warrior, lemme get my World's Tiniest Violin. $F^ }

Gingrich Yurr, Reint and Sir Veza like this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good point. We moderators are really getting lax. Sad.
    Sad, and possibly reprehensible.
    But I won't delete any of it, because there is so little these days.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    fatcat__25 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. aliciav

aliciav Kobold