Announcing Void Bastards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's time to reveal what else we've been working on for the last few years! No, it's not another card game (or Card Hunter 2!) but it is another crazy strategy hybrid.

[​IMG]

Void Bastards ia a return to our roots in first-person shooters (like BioShock and System Shock 2) but it's got a whole new strategic layer that really shakes things up. We won't be posting a lot about VB here but you can find out a lot more at voidbastards.com.

Maniafig, visak13, Robauke and 11 others like this.
  2. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

This looks really flipping rad. Wow.

3. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Can I send the drycleaning bill for my knickers to support@cardhunter.com ?

edit: so it looks like you're trying to hit the sweet spot between X-COM, Jamie Hewlett and Borderlands? Sign me up.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  4. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

Who...won?

5. BORINGO

BORINGO Kobold

Congratulations!

NOW GO BACK TO WORK!

6. Nero313

Nero313 Mushroom Warrior

Name sounds a little offensive.. or could be... people... good job.

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

The Death Elementals seemed to have made it into the new game. (Cf. Video.)

I wish you all the best of luck with it.

Is the "B - word" not considered profanity in Australia, I wonder? I know it would be innapropriate over here to hear it on the lips of my little cardhuntrians.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Temaukel

Temaukel War Monkey

Hey, pretty nice. I heard CH players could try the Beta. Is that true? How do we get into it? :D

Gast86 likes this.
  9. Honestly the name sounds beautiful, it's memorable and that's what you want for an advertising hit. Noticing FTL elements, I approve, I feel like that mechanic could be used much more than it ever was in FTL.

10. Nero313

Nero313 Mushroom Warrior

My pointing out the name was more referring to the rules of card-hunter stating asterisks are ban-able, then the same person names a game with a word some would find offensive. Personally I believe censorship is profane... An asterisk has never offended me... However, since this person (the one who named the game and opposes selected words) does care about words that don't actually cast curses...but yet still singled out to ban them. I thought perhaps they were unaware that "Bastard" is not viewed positively by people that do believe censorship is acceptable. It was merely an observation. As for the game, it looks OK, I don't play first person shooters. More of a D & D guy...

mikey76500 likes this.