Festering Guts triggered by Traveling Curse

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Festering Guts, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Player A has 2 chars left (with X hitpoints): A1(6) + A2(21)
    Player B has 1 char left: B1(3)

Victory points: both have 4

B1 has Festering Guts attached and A1 is in reach of Festering Guts.
    B1 draws Traveling Curse and gets killed by it - dealing 18 damage to A1.

Player B lost the game - imho B should have won regarding to http://forums.cardhunter.com/thread...nter-faq-and-glossary.6913/page-9#post-118267

Bug?
    Game ended at 10:12 UTC on 28.03.2018

2. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

There is this 'bug' with Festering Guts or Mad Dog in MP where no one gets the victory. It has already been reported multiple times.
    It is probably because the game counts up the victory points after the match and sees both players at 6+ stars (after you count the stars given by the dying festering character). I am curious whether those stars are awarded in the case where player A has less than 4 (in which case we should see no bug). I do not really know where to look for such a score sheet though.

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Did the other player win (I'm assuming they did). If that's the case I think you're just misreading the FAQ post. See my commentary in the quote below:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  4. From the battle log:
    ---
    Player B was defeated
    Player A was defeated
    GameOver
    ---
    a draw?

5. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

I see how this feels unfair, but I also see how it makes perfect sense within the game rules.

B1 is dead one action before festering kills A1, so even though both players end up on 6VPs, via an action countback Player B loses all 3 characters before Player A loses his second char. It's a bit like one of those situations where two opposing characters will be killed in the same turn start by terrain, and terrain processes upwards from the bottom of the board (I think!) killing the character closer to the bottom of the board first.

I'd be really interested in seeing how many league tiebreak points Player A was awarded - although it seems fair that they get 0 points, I expect that they would have been awarded 2.