Triple Duel Variety

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by mckeen, Sep 27, 2018.

1. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Anyone else noticed a much greater variety of triple duel teams this time around? I had a pretty optimized team of dwarf warriors that has served me well for a while. It was optimized to take out the other dwarf warriors that comprised 80% of decks I seemed to see. My version is a bit tanky, and I managed to work in extra Parrys, War Cry, Force Field, and aimed to get double teams with Boots Of Safety. All standard stuff really, and had a pretty good win rate... until recently!

This time round I have been running up against all sort of decks combining: terrain/control wizards, electrical wizards, burning wizards, buffing priests, nimbus priests, vamps using Swarm Of Bats. All combined in novel ways and with new and unfamiliar strategies. The wizards have given me particular trouble as I just don't have the mobility to chase them down or I end up facing them with a hand full of Parrys!
    I won't deny (a little) frustration, but it is nice to see that there is still plenty of variety and innovative strategies going on in an older league concept. Anyone else noticed this, or just who I have been drawn against?

2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

No, I noticed it, too. Someone's first foray into 3Duel asked advice, beyond bring lots of Parry. I suggested bring anti-Parry, heh. Then, I go into battle with this very same person. Triple wizards running Whirlwind Enemies! I honestly can't recall if I won or not. It was amazingly frustrating, but in an admirable way. ~nodnod~ I also saw an elf wizard (which I wondered about) and again, can't actually recall the turnout. Like you, I'd come in with one or two of my "standard" 3Duel parties built to out-meta the meta and/or crash the party with anti-meta, but the meta was in (properly innovative) shambles. Too bad for me since I win more when I crack the meta code. Heh. But good for the game, yes -- and good for the newbie players who were able to crack the older ones and get nice chests. ~nodnod~

mckeen and Sir Veza like this.
  3. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Glad it is not just me then! I need to head back to the drawing board for something with a bit more mobility!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. winner

winner Orc Soldier

I have seen it two yesterday people brought enchanted harness and parries and some officer harness

5. Tiac

Tiac Kobold

I did ok, because my response to the normal meta was to go dodge-heavy with a bunch of steps to deal with anti-block tech. I ended up just using them as moves in a lot of matches.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. winner

winner Orc Soldier

nice job

7. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

I've noticed a lot more variance than normal as well. But I've lost 4 games of the last 19, all to better 3 dwarf warrior teams. 3 D Wars still top dog.
    I should note that it took me a long time to find the right balance of items, and collecting enough legendaries for 3 characters took me a while.

Sir Veza, ParodyKnaveBob and mckeen like this.
  8. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

@HisRoyalHygiene, I think that I was suffering because my 3x Dwarf warriors were of particularly low mobility. With the only extra movement being from Boots Of Safety. Great for smashing it out, and out-meta-ing the meta, as @ParodyKnaveBob put it, but very inflexible. I have since changed out a couple of items and added a legendary heavy vamp, and got 3 wins out of 3 against a decent variety of teams. Small sample size I know, but we'll see how it goes...

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  9. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

I dunno, it is a bit of a toss up for me, it depends on your playstyle. I found the extra move helpful, when I had no others! Teleport Self is better because it can be re-used and/or places you exactly where you want to go. I liked to go with Spiked Forcemail and there was some good synergies with the Quickness Aura, Healing Dash and Teleport Self

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.