The Ultimate Warrior Setup

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Stormyknight, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

Playing around with the cards i had i tried to put together the ultimate warrior in terms of DPS and defense combined with movement and utility.

Seems to me this is about as good as it gets, is there a higher DPS setup or something worth subbing in over any of the other items ?

[​IMG]

Weapons
    Vibrant Pain
    Bejeweled Shortsword
    The Strongarm
    Armor
    Xander's Mail
    Lt. Buckwell's Strapping
    Vinorkin's Boots
    Fabrian's Shield
    Talents
    Trained Tactics
    Savvy Attacker

Only things i could see are changing out savvy attacker for something with AoA but i find the team walk is always more useful then AoA.

2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

This is what I thought of when I saw the topic listing. I leave this topic sadly mistaken.

[​IMG]

3. Questor

Questor Ogre

Me too, i wanted to add Facepaint Of Rage to the setup, but your picture says it all. ^^

Sure, but since you didn't equip them you do not have them.

Captain Cedric's Helm
    Crusty Helm
    Crusty Helm is better than your legendary pick.

Catch Arrow is rarely worth it, unless you plan to play a warrior in a wizard heavy league.
    Yvette's Buckler
    Ichabod's Buckler

doog37 likes this.
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

You want a laser block on your warrior. You just do. Even if you have to spend a major token for it.

5. Accent

Accent Hydra

I wouldn't play Lt. Buckwell's Strapping (either of the helms that Questor mentioned instead), and I'd consider Superb Command over Trained Tactics.

The nice thing about the classes is that there's no one dominant archetype, either for warriors, wizards, or priests. Don't get me wrong, your build as is is good, but there's more than one way to skin a . . . /looks up, trails off

(Yes, Laser Block is great. Finally, a Block Any that procs on a two.)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.
  6. kustaa

kustaa Lizardman Priest

7. Eren

Eren Orc Soldier

Protip: I found it that the faster you play your turns, the more your DPS is.

Jezterscap, PDXTai, Merdis and 9 others like this.
  8. doog37

doog37 Hydra

As already said your Helmet and Shield are sub-par for an "ultimate character" Not sure Team walk is worth the token when you have a token boots, but team movement is still usually a win. Personally I think Officer's harness is an overrated card which is why I usually would take Perilous Ringmail over the Xander's Mail. I might go for a different weapon set so I could have a yellow token for either a top shield, one the best boots or the very strong Bubble Helmet. As I am sure you realized this is a DPT game not a DPS situation.
    I also always use Superb Command on human warriors unless they are a really tank-ish or hit and run type. If you want to up the damage a 2nd bejeweled, a tokenless shield, Necali Cap, Superb Command and one of the AoA Martial Skills. Use a human priest with lots of team movement to get extra steps and consider a 3 move boots. IF you want the Nimble Strikes you might look into items that add Blind Rage (Dwarfs have the best options) or a Frenzy armor.
    So nothing wrong with your set-up although with that shield and helmet this is not ultimate.

9. Byungmo

Byungmo Kobold

10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

11. That is roast chicken for my dwarves