[Prizes] Pizza Rewards for Guild Seasons!

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

If he doesn't I know his Steam account where you can talk to him worst case scenario.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Congratulations to the top guilds of July! Your pizza has been sent.

Good luck everyone in AIGUST!

Sir Veza and Farbs like this.
  3. QuickJon

QuickJon Kobold

Hi!
    Whos top of Aigust ist still open, but scores might need a closer look this time around, given the meta seems to favour some more then others.

[​IMG]

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that some players figured out how to play better on the maps this month than others?

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It looks to me like some matches are being counted multiple times.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh, I'm guessing that happened because the API went down briefly yesterday. @Farbs

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Certainly was not just limited to the matches pictured. But in the overall guild (match) history the "double ups" are scattered all over the place (not necessarily chronologically next to each other like that screenshot). Gonna take some work to find them all.

8. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Thanks for the heads-up.

Has this substantially changed any guild's ranking for the season? If not I'm tempted to leave it. This bug has been around since the meta site began, and seems to have spiked a little yesterday with the API and forum mishaps, but doesn't selectively favour anybody.

Also I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. So, there's that :eek:

DARK MAGIC and gurel2 like this.
  9. Graxus

Graxus Kobold

For the carpets those points could mean the diffrence between rank 3 and 4

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've been receiving some intricate messages about which guild should really be in what place this month due to the API bug.

Rather than replying to the concerned parties piece meal, here is a short statement on the situation.

As @Farbs has said, this bug has been around since the dawn of guilds. It has affected everyone from the beginning, in tiny doses here and there. We have never manually corrected for it before, and we won't start this month. Maybe a guild's rank is directly affected by one occurrence of the bug this month—but also, maybe that guild has benefitted in previous months (or maybe even earlier within the same month) in the opposite direction. It doesn't make too much sense for us to look at just one hour of match results and try to adjust the final standings by so many points.

Obviously, we wish that there were zero bugs! But in the interests of keeping things running smoothly, until and unless we are able to prevent the bug from occurring in the future, whatever standings Farbs's site produces—however minorly flawed—will stand.

Barring blanket outrage, I will distribute prizes in about a day.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. Auburn

Auburn Guild Leader

I hadn't looked at each guild's August 29th results, but given the fact that the hiccup was big enough to skew the end results for multiple guilds, I think that more than warrants the need to recalculate for August 29 during that 2 hour hiccup window.

Along with that, Sucre's win streak needs adjusting. For those of us really competing for top honors in those listings, a bug shouldn't result in the best ever win streak.
    Sucre won 12 free games and 30 gp during the hiccup, pushing his win streak to 50! and ultimately giving his guild enough of a boost to win, since the hiccup occurred with only 2 days left in the season.

It's not really a big deal that the bug exists. I'm not looking for anyone to fix it. All of the guild players that are really competing are watching the meta site closely enough that we know when something major happens that can have an impact on the month's outcomes.

It's easy to calculate the difference. I've already calculated the difference for the 1st and 2nd place guilds.

If Kraken won due to a hiccup, we would simply not accept the championship.

Finally, Kraken is more than willing to forgo prizes in return for a readjustment of the scores this season.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    gurel2 and Steinhauser like this.
  12. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

13. Auburn

Auburn Guild Leader

Oh good. So, the Braves did accomplish something this month on their own merit. Good work, Sucre!

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

You could just have left it at
    The whole "this issue got rich history and touched all our lives" thing is a head-scratcher.

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Dammit. I left my outrage blanket at my last protest. :oops:

Pyrious and Flaxative like this.
  16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Good luck everyone in Septorigin!

17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Just fyi, this rotation has 5 maps, the meta site is missing Dungeon.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks!

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Pizza should be sent to all guild leaders who placed in the top 5 in September. Good luck everyone in Octodel!

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Guild prizes are out for October. So sorry about the huge delay. Didn't realize how much of my time my new game's public beta would steal :(