Mauve Manticore Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Farbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Title: Let Them Eat Cake

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Name of account:
    Maniafig

Pre-battle flavour text:

It's that time of the year again. Time for the 'Annual Batford-Stafford Reconciliatory Lunch & Funtimes'. It's the worst time of the year, it brings back memories of all the times your cousin Batford won the annual cake baking contest. Those contests were clearly rigged!

This year the lunch is hosted in your estate, and you intend to turn the tables. You have asked one of your chefs to prepare a special cake, a cake to end all cakes. You arrive at the lunch site and have only four words for your cousin and his lackeys before your plan is set in motion.

"Let them eat cake!"

Post-battle flavour text:

Groans fill the lunchsite, this will be a Reconciliatory Lunch not soon forgotten! You shove away your miserable cousin, order the servants to start cleaning and eat a little bit of leftover cake. You're not sure which is sweeter, the cake or the taste of victory.

Note: Uses AI music track 3

Attached Files:

tolkien, chebert and Lucky Dice like this.
  2. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Holloborn’s Plan

Account:
    Vlamona

Before text: Some orcs stole some immortality potion. Now they can’t be killed. They hang out in the forest and rob people. They’ve plundered a lot of gold. It seems that no one can stop them. But Holloborn has a plan.
    Enemies are resurrected every round. There are no victory stars for killing.

[​IMG]

After text: The crates with the orcs are loaded onto wagons and shipped off to prison.

Attached Files:

3. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

Trouble in the office!
    Account Name:
    Solip
    Before text:
    Ominifis Dran: Jim, Binwin, Do you remember that one faithful day?
    Jim Darkmagic: Which one? The one where our prices were crashing and you decided to hire a professional assassin?
    Binwin Bronzebottom: Was it that one where i ALMOST...and i mean almost got buried with my gold?
    Ominifis Dran: Yeah. That day. I still have no clue how he snook up and triggered our traps, that broke the wall,
    with an ambush waiting outside just to come in un-invited. They even had time to decorate the office with these dumb Cryppts Co. posters.
    Jim Darkmagic: Ha, simple. He became invisible! I only remember going to take a cake slice, I heard a loud thump and just hid somewhere.
    Ominifis Dran: Yeah, Whilst i was telling Binwin to stay sharp, I went to call for help. And how can a newly-hired assassin get to use our invisibility technology?
    Jim Darkmagic: He became even more invisible! ...Wha-...WHERE IS MY SPELLBOOK OH GOD NO!!! NOW WE HAVE A PROFESSIONAL THIEF TO GRAB OUR POCKETS TOO!!!
    Ominifis Dran: Here here, don't panic. You'll take all the lawsuits. Also, lock the safe. I want all my money to be in a safe place.
    Binwin Bronzebottom: Due to you I almost died. Thanks a lot for making me remember this day. I'm having flashbacks already.
    [​IMG]
    After Text:

Ominifis Dran: So where did she even come from?
    Jim Darkmagic: Who? Marie France? My virtual reality game somehow came to life?! It can't be!
    Ominifis Dran: SO YOU PLAY GAMES ALL DAY WHILE WE WORK HARD?!
    Jim Darkmagic: Uhhh...I suddenly feel i have to go the toilet.
    Ominifis Dran: Go on. Before you go, there's no toilet pa- And he's gone...i wish him a clean sitting.
    Binwin Bronzebottom: So, do you wonder where i was taken by that kind assassin?
    Ominifis Dran: Kind Assassins? Where? Didn't you almost die that day?
    Binwin Bronzebottom: I wish i did, but i was taken to a local pub instead. There were many prettier and kinder people than you, Omin.
    Ominifis Dran: Enough. Let's don't remind ourselves of that day. It was horrible for all of us and we should be grateful we have decent security around the office.
    Now let's pretend i did not even try to remind you of that day. Back to work.

A few things to note: Module uses the AI2 soundtrack, who doesn't love elevator music whilst there's a slaughter going on? There's also two references. Both to Binwin's death quotes. Have fun finding out which they are. The before and after texts contain hints and the map itself has a big clue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Lucky Dice likes this.
  4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Title: Revolt of the Robots

Account: Vlamona

Before text: The Zombie Research Institute is trying to find a cure for zombieism. The place is guarded by robots. And by you. One night you see the robots letting the zombies loose. They are not supposed to do that! Something is wrong! The robots are revolting!

[​IMG]

After text: When the humans arrive the next the morning they are shocked. They watch the surveillance tapes and realize what has happened. Then they call you “good dog” and give you treats!

Attached Files:

Kashad and Lucky Dice like this.
  5. Jaer

Jaer Goblin Champion

Capture the Tomb

Adventure:

Ever wondered what immortal liches do when they're bored? Like, really bored? Why, they play games, of course! Sleeping in some ancient tomb for millennia is nice and everything, but you need a little exercise and entertainment from time to time.

And thus two old lich buddies have invented a game called "Capture the Tomb". The goal is to teleport the "pieces" over to your opponent's tomb and, well, capture it. At the end of each round, if you have more pieces in your opponent's tomb than they have in yours, you receive a victory point. First lich to get to five points wins! What's the prize, you ask? You get to brag about your glorious victory for another thousand years! Honestly, what more do you need?

Oh, the pieces have a terrible attitude, by the way. They keep shuffling around and punching each other as well as their masters. Don't worry - you are an immortal lich after all, and you do have a few spare pieces if things get messy. Just focus on the game!

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aftermath:

Another victory for the red team! Ah, your opponent will be feeling the salt of their defeat for centuries to come. But now it's time for both of you to take another short nap.

*yawn*

Two hundred years, give or take...

Account name: Jaer

Attached Files:

PULSEFIRE, Zuf0601, chebert and 6 others like this.
  6. 00Banshee00

00Banshee00 Orc Soldier

Title: Attack of the Astral Guardians

Screenshot:
    cardhunter00005.jpg

Account Name: 00Banshee00
    (Note: Those are zeroes, not the letter 'o')

Battle Text:
    Pre-Battle:

Lorzil the Wise, and her two elven companions were returning to their secret hideout in Woodhurst when they saw their perfectly camouflaged entrance melted away. Both enraged and astonished, they hurry inside to see if the intruder is still in. Their main hall was nearly destroyed. Rubble everywhere. What shocked them more was that the intruders were the fabled Astral Guardians! But they seemed to be moving in a forced manner, as if someone was controlling them externally. Low voices were heard at the other end of the hall. Three geomancers, previously concealed by the stone pillars now emerge in sight. They too seem to be in controlled by an external force. They chant through restrained mouths, altering reality and destroying the room while they speak. With a heavy heart, for their foes are not evil, Lorzil and her companions face them, to put them down.

Post-Battle:

The Guardians and Geomancers seemed to be deaf to reasoning, leaving the trio no choice but to slay them. Each time one was slain a dark shadow passed over them for a second before flitting out of room. Lorzil was sure that she heard a weak ‘Thank you’ before one of the geomancers died. Were they controlled by some spirit? Alas, that was for later to find out. Right now they had a pressing matter to attend. The trio starts to clean the room and pick up any intact objects remaining.

Attached Files:

Maniafig likes this.
  7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Title: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
    A Screenshot:
    One Step Forward.jpg

Name: Scarponi
    Text to display before:
    You've finally done it; you've found the Lost Temple of Sdrawkcab Klaw! But you must hurry, the temple entryway is under a magical spell, and only appears once a year on the day of Klaw's death. You must gain entrance to the temple before sundown or wait another entire year to have a chance at finding Klaw's hidden treasure vault. The sun is already starting to sink toward the horizon, and there are so many temple steps to climb! Can you make it in time?

Text to display after:
    That was close! You just gained entrance before the sun set, concealing the temple for another year. Now go find that treasure vault!

Attached Files:

tolkien, chebert, Jaer and 2 others like this.
  8. chebert

chebert Kobold

Title: Grubworm's Gambit
    Account: chebert

Prologue text:
    It's been many years since the mutants invaded Cardhuntria, terrifying the local inhabitants. Unafraid, a small band of heroes fought tirelessly until every last mutant was worm food... and how the worms have fed! Writhing grubs have infested the long-abandoned space vessel, converting it into a thriving hydroponics plant. Unfortunately, the local flora has been exposed to the plant's radioactive runoff, and three oak bombardiers are thirsty for more!

The grubworm on duty gauges the speed of the intruders from the safety of the control room. "If they reach the water reserves before I seal the door they will drain the plant dry," it thinks to itself. "I can reach the door in two moves- surely the security robots will stop them before they cross the irrigation room."

"After all, how fast can trees possibly move?"

Epilogue text:
    The trees burst through the door and attack the water reserves with violent ferocity. The grubworm panics as every drop of irradiated water is siphoned through their oaken roots. "So much for my promotion," it laments.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Maniafig and Jaer like this.
  9. Zuf0601

Zuf0601 Kobold

Title: Burning Monkeys
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Name of game account: Zuf0601

Pre-Battle description:
    The home of the war monkeys is unusually busy today. It seems that a group of burning fiends are moving into a nearby cave. Meanwhile, across the creek, a lizardman netter scouts the area. The war monkeys agree: It’s time to show these intruders who truly owns this place!

(Burning Fiends respawn every turn. Kill the Phylactery and the Lizardman Netter to win.)

Post-Battle description:
    In the face of such resistance, the remaining fiends beat a hasty retreat. You are still clutching some of their trinkets.

---------------
    • The phylactery has armor that gives it immunity to fire.
    • None of the war monkeys’ attacks have long enough range to hit the lizardman.

Note that the lose condition is both war monkeys defeated. The fiends respawn every round and do not give victory points, but the
    noMinionKillPoints tag also makes the war monkeys not give victory points. That means the lose condition still works, but the stars don't appear for Gary.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Maniafig and Scarponi like this.
  10. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

Title: The Cursed Artifact

Account:
    DipperPynes

Before text:
    The Sensei ordered his disciple to a training, in him he would have to find and destroy the cursed relic. That aproposito is a door, but there are several doors, which one would be the artifact of which the Sensei spoke?

Print.png

After text: You have completed your task, your Sensei is proud of you.

Attached Files:

11. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

Title: Viruslant

Account:
    DipperPynes

Before text:
    The year is 3022, you are in the research lab of Professor Gerald, when suddenly,
    PIN! PIN! PIN! VIRUS ALERT !!!, fight the virus by entering the system

Print (Vírus).png

After text: You did it, now you and the doctor can return to the L.I.G.H.T project

Attached Files:

12. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

Title: Dimensional Fissure

Account:
    DipperPynes

Before text: A dimensional fissure was opened in the middle of the cosmos,
    the mage was conjured to inspect the place where he soon realized that he entered hard situension.

Print.png

After text: This was done, the cosmos was saved. But for how long?

Attached Files:

Jaer likes this.
  13. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

Title: A little big step

Account:
    DipperPynes

Before text:
    To prove his greatness, this '' big '' hero
    will have to go through the narrow and moist ways to reach his goal

Print.png

After text: This was a big step for all dwarves, even if small for all or others.

Attached Files:

14. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

Title: Bloody Justice

Account:
    DipperPynes

Before text: In a land far, between the mountains, is the castle of Lord M.F,With his ability to control minds, he was able to take possession of the castle of the former king Maxmillion. When suddenly the castle is attacked by a horde of goblins who spread destruction by omde pass, fight and protect your castle from the horrible Goblin warrior !!!.

Print.png

After text: Victory !, you and your castle survived the horrible battle!!!

Attached Files:

15. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

Title: The last chance

Account:
    DipperPynes

Before text:
    Here I am, a mercenary rotting in prison together with others of the same class, but, how did I come to stop here? I'll tell you, it all started when we were planning a robbery of a cart carrying gold into the city, it was to have been a simple robbery, but what we did not know was that everything was just a plan of an infiltration between us, To end up with mercenaries like me, we fall into the trap like ducklings, geomancer attack us and we are without reaction, I do not remember very well what happened later, because I was erased, and when I woke up I was here in that damn prison where they will already be ..... I have lost count, perhaps one of my companions knew if I had not been dead, everyone was taken one by one, and from what I hear from the guards I am next, the next morning they will take me to an arena which I found tin, Why not kill me as they did with my comrades? The answer to that question was revealed the moment I asked myself the question, apparently the king and the prince were in the arena and wanted a 'fun' and who would that 'fun' be? That same, 'me', gave me a chance to get out of that living hole, although the odds were not in my favor, I would have win in Prince's favorite game called 'The Last Chance' In a time limit, I had no choice but to Accept.

Print.png

After text:
    Here I am, finally free !!! I still do not believe it but I got it, I was happy not to have to face that two-headed monster, because I do not know what would have happened to me under the conditions I was in, I wonder if he was responsible for the death of my comrades, not them not They would be defeated by a monster of that, they would certainly go .. they would ... hum, I guess it does not matter anymore .....

Attached Files:

16. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

Title: A legend of pharros

Account:
    DipperPynes

Before text:
    In a village not far from the mountains there was a certain warrior whose abilities were to envy many,
    confident of his abilities the warrior decided that he would rid the mountains and beyond, of all monsters ...
    Upon arriving in Pharros village bearing the name of his greatest of his warrior whose abilities were legendarily legendary,
    they said that his power was so great that he allowed him to cast spirits to fight at his side in his battles, legend says he was To meet the monstrous Tvericus,
    to end his reign of ground, no one ever heard of him again, until our hero heard rumors circulating in the village of Pharros,
    who said that Grand Paladin Pharros was taken prisoner of Tvericus, Confident hero went to the castle of Tvericus.
    There he finds Paladin Pharros in a cell where he asks for the help of the confident warrior, he says that he did not have the strength to defeat Tvericus,
    but with his last forces he will conjure 2 spirits to help you, and try to heal you, just like that We can end the Tvericus reign of terror.

Print.png

After text: Tvericus was defeated, the ground finely came to an end, the paladin simply disappeared along with his spirits and the remains of Tvericus in front of the warrior,
    Surprised at what had just happened, our hero returned to Pharros village,
    but upon arriving The only thing he finds is a totally destroyed village with a statue of the Paladin Pharros, and in it he notices a scripture that says:
    "In honor of the legendary Pharros the proud warrior"
    Not knowing what had just happened, our hero continues his journey to become what would later save the world.

Attached Files:

17. Jaer

Jaer Goblin Champion

The Vial of Ralos

Adventure:

Your search for the Vial of Ralos, presumably an ancient artifact of great power, has led you to the eerie halls of Black Plume Mountain. Following your map, you have reached a doorway to a large dark chamber. An inscription next to the door reads: "THE VIAL OF RALOS."

Finding this a little too convenient, you take a few wary steps inside until you hear a click from under your foot! The door slams shut behind you as rivers of liquid flame illuminate the room, accompanied by ominous hissing and flapping of scaled wings from above. Most notable, however, is the booming voice that is coming from an odd-looking statue: "Have you come to play the game with me? Jolly good! Mind the jaws, though."

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aftermath:

As the last creature falls, the door opens once more. Even though you barely escaped with your life, you have managed to snatch a couple of trinkets from the piles of treasure like a true die-hard adventurer. Struggling to catch your breath, you cast another glance at the inscription.

It reads: "THE FLOOR IS LAVA."

Account name: Jaer

Attached Files:

tolkien likes this.
  18. CardRuler

CardRuler Kobold

Title 1
    Melvelous' Manor
    Prologue 1
    As your little group of Elves and your War Dog visited Melvelous' Manor for a drink, the gates then suddenly locked into total destruction and silence. It turned out that hundreds of people has put your group into bounties, and those men thirst for blood is spectating you, being killed by Lord Melvelous. "Kill them!" a rich blood-thirst man shouting. Your little group plunge into battle with Lord Melvelous and his two Elite Guards.
    Epilogue 1
    Your gang managed to killed Melvelous' Elite Guards, "Why are they still alive Melvelous!?" shouted an oblivious man spectating the battle. One of your group also managed to crush Melvelous into pieces, blood was everywhere, the gore was intense. A Priest on top of Melvelous' Manor undertook her healing spell and could recover Melvelous from his death. Melvelous fled to The Forest of The Brothers, to ask for aid. The priest also managed to bring your War Dog into another dimension
    Title 2
    The Escape of Melvelous
    Prologue 2
    As your fighters entered The Forest of The Brothers, you smelled a gratifying smell. It smelled like fried cattle with bread as sides, your group followed the smell and saw a chef hat behind the bushes, it was Chef Garcotto and The Goblin King. The bushes rumble then, as our band sneaked, two brothers came out of the bushes it was Lord Batford and Stafford "It's them, Attack! Lord Stafford alerted. As your gang draws their weapons, "Let us help!" two goblins shouted.
    Epilogue 2
    You stroke your weapon into Mevelous' heart, before he planned to stabs you. "You, you, you. Must die!" Mevelous screamed as he started to cry. "Any last words, my lord" your fighter said, "You plunged Cardhuntria into chaos" he screamed as your fighter stabbed him. "It's not us, but it's you. May you die in peace, my lord." Your fighter went back home and will always commemorate the War Dog
    Additional Information
    These are the images. And name for the creator= CardRuler
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 4.02.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 4.01.16 PM.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  19. CardRuler

CardRuler Kobold

Title 1
    Reign of King Borgo
    Prologue 1
    After the king of human, Lord Melvelous, was wiped out, the Dwarves planned with the Elves to make a peace treaty between races. So King Deathzap of the Elf race, sent his most trustworthy ambassador and guards, to make an appointment with the Dwarves. After the Elf race's convoy reached The Dwemer Land of North, they were trapped and forced to fight with the Dwarves' king, King Borgo.
    Epilogue 1
    The Elf race convoy has managed to escape from King Borgo's grip, you escape far up east where you were spotted by another dwarven kingdom, The Incenarzuri Kingdom. their king puts the Elf race convoy inside a volcanic dungeon, separated from the kingdom and was more east. The elves was tired, lots of days passed.
    Title 2
    Volcanic Imprisonment
    Prologue 2
    The elf race convoy, planned to escape from the dwarven kingdom, first of all they need to observe the pattern of time of lunch-break in guards. A day has passed and the convoy knew what to do, "C'mon, we have to take our break' a copper guard said to another copper guard "Wait up!" the other one said. The Elf race, stroke the escape right at that moment when some of the guards took break.
    Epilogue 2
    "C'mon lets rock out" Sharp said to the convoy. Your convoy escaped and reached east back to their homeland. "Thank you Sharp and Cuddlepie, but screw those dwarves for playing such trickery" King Deathzap said, "My lord, we need to send troops to The Dwemer Land of North immediately, before they launch another attack" Cuddlepie adviced, "No it is to dangerous we need to wait for the right time of essence and wind" King Deathzap replied
    Additional Information
    These are the images. And name for the creator= CardRuler

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.44.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 8.32.20 PM.png

Attached Files:

20. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

Dorks at the Gates
    In honor of Gen Con 50, here's a convention themed encounter! Here, you control a small group of workers trying to make it to your booth before time runs out! You have to contest with rowdy convention-goers who will block your path, and navigate your way across the exhibition hall to your booth to sell your wares. Note: 2 of your workers must survive in order to run your booth. You will do anything to keep your job.

Even kill.

(Yes, there's a door off the map that is used to keep track of time)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] '
    Happy gaming, and good luck!

Attached Files: