Doom doesn't kill enemies when they have NEB

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by think_panther, Apr 23, 2016.

1. I was doing the low level medal for Aquire Within and was testing some builds, so I thought it would be fun if I returned the favor of doom to the death elementals by equipping Mystical Wyrmhide. To my dissapointment, if they have Negative Energy Being equipped, they don't die. Is this the way it should work?

doom.jpg

ParodyKnaveBob and Potatus like this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Mmmm, that's problematic. Based on the wording I would absolutely assume this is not working as intended. But I wasn't involved in play testing, so I'm just guessing. @Flaxative?

3. SirSrsly

SirSrsly Lizardman Priest

Should heal to full hp ^^

Potatus likes this.
  4. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Thats weird, i suposse there arent destroy in card huntwe and what doom really do damage.

Potatus likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, the way doom works is by assigning the "kill" amount of unpreventable damage. A little janky :p (Mental Flensing works the same way.)

We may or may not get around to changing this interaction. I know it's not intuitive and I'm sorry about that!

Potatus and timeracers like this.
  6. This kind of unpreventable damage isn't totally unpreventable. I had an instance a couple of months ago where an irradiated enemy that had already been cursed with Defensiveness drew Demonic Revenge but didn't make the roll, so it counted as a failed spell. Is there a chance this can happen upon expiration of Doom if you are cursed with Defensiveness?

Potatus likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No, because Doom isn't being cast by the character to whom it's attached. Demonic Revenge is a Magic card so you can fail to cast it. Doom, too—but that's ONLY when you play it from hand! :)

8. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Is there any way you could have Doom purge the character before killing it, without stopping the doom itself? After all, no one will notice the purge due to the character in question being, well, dead.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Maybe!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Actually, I realized at some point (and then forgot to comment here), plenty of people will notice the purge -- when Death Meld, Festering Guts, and/or Mad Dog are attached. Is it feasible for Doom to only purge NEB in particular? -- and/or any future cards which would inappropriately mess with Doom killing a character?

Magic Elves likes this.