[Wild speculation] So what's your definition of "very cool things"?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Couple that with the ability of sorting items by their quantity and I'm sold. I don't mind clicking my way through selling excess stuff, as long as that doesn't involve having to cross-reference neoncats's (awesome) tools for a hundred (or more!) distinct entries.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Farbs and Flaxative like this.
  3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh thank goodness. A lot of player confusion about "Armor" and "Triggering" down the drain . . . so long as the tooltip is clear.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You can check it on the test server right now, just look for a Resistant Hide, Grounding Plates, or Toughness in your collection. :)
    (And check the wording on Penetrating, too!)

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Toughness: This armor grants immunity to any one attack. When this armor prevents damage, draw a card.

Is this a change to toughness? It sounds like now it would trigger on any attack (including those that deal no damage such as Mind Worm), but only give the card draw on a damage dealing attack? Is that right?

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No, armor never triggers unless damage would be dealt.

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Okay, seems logical. But if the goal is to have greater clarity in the function of the card maybe start the text as "When triggered, this armor grants..."

EDIT: Or give it the keyword Armor without a number. The tooltip could simply read: "Triggers on damage."

wavy likes this.
  8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I can see some confusion about the new Toughness wording. Since "attack" is a keyword for a broad family of cards, I think "immunity to damage" would be preferable.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sir Veza and Scarponi like this.
  10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Should do. I believe that phrasing is used on other cards without confusion, e.g., Savage Curse.