[Utility] Collection Analysis

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Okay, I'll try to upload it before I head out to SF for GDC on Friday/Saturday.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  2. Stexe

Okay, I think I uploaded the new version. Been a while since I've done it so check to make sure it all works.

3. Either you've chosen a new address for the tools or you did something completely wrong. I can't even find the new version and I've tried a lot of addresses. I guess it should again be http://www.stexe.com/CardHunter/ but that's still the old index-page. The original neoncat-version is still available, too (one of the places I've checked, too, in case you perhaps decided to move the tools there).

4. Stexe

I put them under http://www.Stexe.com/neoncat/ but I can check about moving it to /CardHunter/

EDIT: Looks like only a few of them transferred over. I'll double check it later tonight.

5. Stexe

6. Every tool is there and does something (I haven't fully tested them with in-game data yet but pressing buttons doesn't produce errors but the results I have expected). So far, so good.
    There is only one thing that doesn't behave as I would expected. Both the Collection Analysis and the Card and Item Query make use of php-code to fill specific fields based on URL-parameters but that doesn't work for your website. That's especially sad because it affects the Cheat Sheet that should be able to auto-fill the Card and Item Query tool. In addition the src/-folder isn't available there which isn't problematic - this folder isn't used - but the non-existence is an indication for me. Is it possible that you uploaded the preprocessed version where the actual php-code was removed instead of the developer version? That would also mean that new items, cards, adventures (or the availability thereof) wouldn't be automatically updated in the tools. If I'm right, it is sufficient to replace all (! - not only the mentioned) php-files (in case this is easier for you), the other files are identical in both archives.

7. Stexe

Yeah, I didn't upload the "developer version" -- is that the one I should have put on? If so I can just override all the previous stuff with that version.

8. Yes, it is, but no problem, except for the auto-updating items, cards and adventures and the auto-fill in two tools, everything else works fine even for the non-dev version. And if the Cheat Sheet wouldn't make heavy use of this (and this being a new feature) I might just haven't realized it at all. ;)

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Auto-Update seems kinda huge. And is greatly appreciated!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. Apparently, Stexe hasn't replaced the files yet, so here is another small update from me. It isn't a bug fix but a tiny new feature. I frequently use the collection analysis to find some items (similar to what the card and item query can do now, but with the additional classification into different Sets, Rarities, Slots and Levels or to benefit from the sorting options). But to see all items matching your query you have to delete the log and select 'missing items'. To make this more comfortable for me (and perhaps others) there is now an 'all items'-option, too, that will list all matching items in the selected quantity regardless of the pasted log (and will tell you things like the potential cost if you wanted to buy them all). No big deal, but this was a hell of a change. I've tested this heavily (because I broke quite some things) and I really hope that this didn't break anything else.

So, here you go: the dev-version for everyone with a php-environment to test it (and for hosting), and the non-dev-version for everyone else to test this version (take this one if you're unsure which one to choose).

Attached Files:

11. Stexe

Yeah, got really busy from GDC and then con crud and PAX East and now grad school. I'll put the new stuff up soon I hope?

12. It's end of May and I have a new version to present.

But first of all, let me say the following: Maintenance of the tools is no problem (there isn't much to do) but I spend less and less time both with playing and with working on the tools for completely new things. I guess this is a natural development given that the latest AA contest is still not awarded for several months. I know it's sad but I'm not in the position to change this. This post proves that I'm actively keeping the things working that are under my control. So, if there are bugs and minor feature requests like the one I'm going to describe here then please tell me. But I won't implement larger things in the near future unless someone wants to help out so that I can hand over some of the work load. (And I still have some ideas what I could do next if I really wanted to.) And compared to the time when I took over this project it appears to me that the number of interested players decreased over time so why spent all my time if no-one appreciates it (sure, I know that there are some players left that will always follow these tools).

Let me start with the requested feature. @Gast86 asked me if there was a possibility to have a list of all adventures that someone hasn't completed in a specific quest mode. You might say that the Cardhuntria map more or less shows this information, but I agree with him that it's not that obvious e.g. which 1HP quests are still open. Especially if your quest progress is somewhere around 97% or so, what is the one adventure you're missing? And in addition there aren't ALWAYS the same quests for EVERY adventure, hence I decided to implement this request.
    This isn't a new tool but a change to the campaign badge tool. Replacing the previous co-op details I've added the new adventure details. Be aware, that if you have many quests not completed yet (like me) these details will be quite large. If you want to see those details, input your campaign flags and press process (just like you did before), expand the details and find the quest mode you're looking for. Either the segment will tell you that all quests in this mode are completed or you'll get a list of open adventures. There is also a "quest mode" for regular adventures and one for co-op so this new version still lists adventures that you haven't co-oped yet. The only thing that I removed to gain some free space for all the new details is the list of already co-oped adventures.

The other new thing that I did mainly for myself is a new syntax feature for the custom filter. With <?>(...) you can query all cards of an item or all items with a card. But for some filter ideas this isn't sufficient. Hence, I added the >?<(...) syntax. Given you are operating on a card, this operator will apply the given rule to ALL cards (and likewise for items). This way you can compare any card to all others even if one of them isn't printed on any item or the two cards share no common item or ... . I assume that except me no-one will really use this, so please see the Cheat Sheet for a bit more information or ask me via PM if you want to try this and the description isn't sufficient.

As usual, one version for the average user and a 'dev'-version with auto-updates for anyone with a PHP-environment and for Stexe to host. Please test them and tell me if everything is working.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  13. Stexe

I should have some free time today or tomorrow to upload the latest dev version.

You should be fine without updating it since there doesn't seem to be much more content. Blue Manchu has pretty much moved onto their new game, Void Bastards, and I don't think Flaxative is spending much time doing anything with Card Hunter either.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Stexe

ParodyKnaveBob and Kornl like this.
  15. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Since the new upload, I can no longer get the Collection Analysis tool to run, whereas it was working just fine for me before the weekend.

16. And I guess I know what happened. Stexe has taken the right archive and all the new things are looking good and working fine. But the tools aren't auto-updating the game's resource files any more. Sadly, no auto-update means that there is no information available at all as I haven't included any fallback data: no item data, no card data, no adventure data and no figure data.

I know that we had a working auto-updating version some day on this URL, the version before the weekend had no auto-updates, so I guess that at some point in time between the last and the second to last update something disabled or mis-configured the PHP-preprocessor. I'm pretty sure that the PHP-environment is still running because otherwise I would see PHP-code in the tools, but there isn't any. So the PHP-preprocessor is running and is (correctly) removing the PHP-code-lines but fails to populate the tools with data. Either some firewall is blocking this or the log of the PHP-processor will probably contain some useful information. The firewall thing is very likely because the Card and Item Query tool contains PHP-code that is in fact executed correctly but doesn't require a connection to the Internet; the auto-update does.

I hope this analysis is helpful to fix this problem quickly. Otherwise, I can further look into this. But I assume my code is working fine so it's mainly @Stexe who has to work this out.

Blizzrd33 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  17. Stexe

Oh, must have missed this message. Is there something I needed to do? I thought it was working fine, but wasn't sure.

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

None are working for me. The neoncat tools (except collection badge) still work.

Stexe likes this.
  19. Stexe

Any idea what I need to do to fix this? I have time this weekend and next week to do whatever is needed probably.

20. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Is it possible to just roll it back to the previous configuration?