Summer Balance Discussion

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Jun 15, 2016.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Why do they have 6 total value though?

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Because their previous level was 6?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Today i play with 3 elves, 2 warriors and a priest and got about 18 victoria with it and about 5 losses maybe 6 and a max elo of 1750, the elves still strong. I may get more winnings but i let my fun side take place and i used bloodchoppers and the laack of steps hurts on some matches. But hey! I did obliterating chops a lot. Later i would post the build.

ParodyKnaveBob and Master Goo like this.
  4. hello world

hello world Hydra

:( but I was looking forward to unsleashing the scampering squadron as soon as the maps became more favorable for them and/or I had time.

Macizo and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  5. the balance change is good, good job Blue Manchu,

Flaxative and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  6. SerraSerra

SerraSerra Kobold

Oh well , new times , new builds i guess it's all fine , even tough i think more customisable battles and better planning would reduce the need for nerfs and wont breake the elo system. And for that testing, count on me next time , word , wouldn't mind wasting some of my time to improve the game and it will make my complaining more legit :) ;)

7. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

Hey guys, these changes are great.

Lessening (but not removing) the RNG on quality Blocks, nerfing the thoughtless Frenzy + AoE decks, removing some potential value from the cheesy Volcano strategies, and slightly adding to the raw power and consistency of some slightly weak but otherwise good card designs were all steps taken towards healthy balance. Good deal!

That's just it about balance, though - it isn't noticed or appreciated up-front very often. It's like working the sound at a church or concert: you're doing a good job when no one notices anything wrong! Y'all keep it up. And add my Slashing mechanic idea while you're at it Kappa

Tyro, MathuranF and Flaxative like this.
  8. KiraNis

KiraNis Kobold

Dunno if the test servers are still up (forgot my test server username derp) but I really question the wisdom of making a major re balance at the same time as an expansion.

as soon as the new cards come out the meta will shift but considering a rebalance will be happening too well that induces another meta shift so two meta shifts happening simultaniously is ALOT to do and keep in mind when designing cards

I assume your designing newcards with the rebalance in mind but again i have to question the wisdom of having both so close together let the meta settle before introing new cards.

Also seriously let people play the first level for free at least >.>

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey, the rebalance happened. The changes have been live for almost 2 months. The expansion won't hit for at least another month. Don't worry :)

timeracers likes this.