moar wild speculation

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

2. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

3. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

Yeah, curious whether Flax is saying CM3 is incredibly hard means that they're working on adjusting the balance to make it easier or if he's just bragging.

SceoMyntan likes this.
  4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Or is he talking about the difficulty of getting it "just right" how he wants it? Or MAYBE he means he's made a hard copy version of it, and CH is going to finally be available as a physical board game!!!

5. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

ah yeah, probably should've mentioned

don't expect anything within next two weeks

insider's info

also maybe I jinxed it????

7. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Finally! A reason to revive this old thread!

The Eastpass modules are going to bring a lot of new cards and enemy mobs, and a lot of these can currently be found in the card hunter assets folder in your Steam directory. Included are new card artwork, new figure artwork, new decal doodads and an updated cards.csv and adventures.csv folder with some information about the new cards and modules.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Teleporting fungal pirates!

winner and Sir Veza like this.
  9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Sooo... Four new forms!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    One looks like the start of a druid sub-class for priests (it's an Assist, not a Trait Boost), and I can't tell if the others will be tied to classes or races; I can see arguments both ways. And if they don't come to their senses change their minds, we're looking at the return of Wall Of Stone and player usable Invisibility!

Also what looks like an attempt at pets, though there are implementation issues to deal with still... Does the game check your deck for those cards, and add the pet group if found?

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  10. Flandur

Flandur War Monkey

I believe that no cards from the upcoming expansion are going to be available to players (barring some random traits).
    Some forms, like Pixie or Sculptor, are just straight up better that most forms (or dare I say all of them?).
    I've noticed that there are no item slots assigned to any of the new cards, so I expect that they will be only available to the AI characters.

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The messy teleport cards are assigned to boots (which surprised me, since I had those pegged as monster-only). But I think the main reason is that they haven't made any items yet.

The thing is, forms make no sense for monsters. Why not just put the form cards in their normal deck?

They certainly haven't balanced anything yet; does anyone really think Invisibility and Wall Of Stone will be in the final version? And as for power, those two forms combined have only four cards that deal damage, and the one with the highest base damage is Bludgeon!

12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Flax said on the Discord server that Ursine Form is "no longer in the expansion", so it seems that one won't be in the final game. He also said it was lower quality than the other cards, and because it was such low quality that the enemy it was on never used it, confirming that at least that Form card did in fact get used in an enemy deck. Perhaps there's some sort of shapeshifter enemy with a deck with (full of?) different form cards? Maybe one of those mould enemies. I've no clue what else these forms would be for.

However, these forms will appear in the random boost, random handicap and random form pools if they do get their types implemented, so Radiation/Walpurgisnacht/Shifting Block are going to get crazier.

Where does one find the list of what cards are part of these new form pools?

13. Flandur

Flandur War Monkey

Cards.csv file (located under ...\CardHunter\data\gameplay\Cards) has a column called "Params" (without number), which gathers certain params including form names (separated by semicolon).

I've also noticed that the new forms don't have the form param, so I guess they are not going to be available to get via Walpurgis Night and Shifting Block.

Edit:
    I think it makes a perfect sense. It let's the devs make some AI controlled characters that are temporarily better/worse (or serve a different role) (Afflicted Townsfolk, for example).

For example I expect that the pirates are going to be rather easy enemies, but the Piratic Form will make them much more dangerous. Pixies are probably similiar, but they would become a support character, imo.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Your list is missing Cause Fumble and Force Cone which have "pixie" in the Params5 column. Which is not the only time I've seen values in the wrong column: there are two attacks with "Armor 2" (one is a Mandatory Action).

I'm sad to hear about Ursine Form being dropped. I liked the idea of forms the player can choose when to activate.

Flaxative, Maniafig and Flandur like this.
  15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Does everyone know that you can ask the game client to render and save card images for any card in the database?
    Hit F2 to open the console (or F1 twice).
    Type "forceload" to, well, force the client to load all the illustrations (and complain at length about all the text fields that are too long).
    Type "savecardart 85 " followed by the exact card name and you'll get a dialog box asking you where to save the file. "85" is the recommended JPEG quality; I've never messed with it.
    Hit F1 to close the console.
    I'm giving the date I rendered the cards, because I hope that many will change before release.
    cards1-20210609.jpg
    cards2-20210609.jpg
    cards3-20210609.jpg

16. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Well, I guessed we’d have a pegleg card but I didn’t guess it right.

Peg leg
    Hybrid attack/ drawback
    Damage 6 melee crushing range 1
    Encumber 1.

The art looks very good.
    We already have “bear” form haha!

I guess it’s time to brush off my arrogant human warriors team.

Sir Veza and fatcat__25 like this.
  17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Bad Job. (Not you, Kalin.)
    Worrisome.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  18. Sir Civil

Sir Civil Administrator Staff Member

These are monsters' cards btw. No new items this time :v

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Stexe likes this.
  19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

True, but the number of Stun, Halt, and Stun & Halt cards with durations up to 3 doesn't strike me as entertaining. Just my opinion.
    Others may be huge fans.
    In any case, I appreciate the work the Knights are putting into this.

Stexe, tolkien, Reint and 1 other person like this.
  20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Edited my previous post. I'll trust the final product to the playtesting of the Knights (including Flax, who I knew before he was a dev, and is now a dev again under the Knights of Unity).
    My request: Make it more fun than grindy.

Flaxative, Stexe and fatcat__25 like this.