moar wild speculation

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

The card looks powerful but it's not 15 damage on average. A wizard is more likely to be alive in round 1 than in round 5.

2. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Indeed. Most matches end long before a character get through their entire deck. So this it could be seen as a card which does increasing damage each turn. Weak at first, but strong in the late game.

But once something like that exists, obviously people are going to try to maximise its value. Having lots of traits and draws would make this a potentially very high damage card very quickly. Pathfinding can churn through most of a deck in a single turn (but you'd have to make sure you'd drawn the ancient grudge card first, or you'd probably discard it too). It wouldn't take long to overtake Obliterating Spark...

So yeah, I'd say it's a monster card. But who knows?

3. It looks to me like we will be having access to all of these new cards, given that Flaxative said as much. What do you folks think?

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I guess the 15 damage "on average" is averaging the times you play it normally with the times you combo it with Pathfinding. I see someone else already noted the combo; yes, it's intentional. Elf wizards get a very silly toy. We'll see if it's busted in playtesting, but at worst I expect we might have to reduce it to 1/2 your discard size. The mechanic has been very fun in our internal testing. =)

5. :eek: This... shocks me. I don't believe there is a single card in this game that has to deal with rounding, but this would.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah we try to avoid it. I think minor erratic damage rounds?

timeracers and Potato Priest like this.
  7. Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

8. You do quite a good job of rounding avoidance. I am impressed, having come from the rounding abuse that is resistance in D&D.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    timeracers and Flaxative like this.
  9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Wow, a player card. =O =O
    Toughness might be crazy good defence but defence won't win games alone. But this card... :O
    You see an elven wizard in your opponent's team? You better not pass because opp will also pass and get +3 damage to his attack card(s).

I know Flax once said:
    "This is incredibly silly. I like silly things" but this seems too much :p

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And some monster groups draw 0.5 or 1.5 cards per minion. But yes, it's good that you're going out of your way to avoid rounding.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

12. Flaxative said in his profile that he's working on a cosmetics related task, so perhaps there is a card that changes the player's model when attached? (Lycanthropy Perhaps)

karadoc likes this.
  13. Zacharianthi

Zacharianthi War Monkey

nicely done!

14. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Maybe it attaches Lychanthropic Form to all characters.

15. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

"Flaxative - redesigned the electric zombie thing again" https://twitter.com/RudolphoCH/status/780832018942849024

From this we can gather that there's an electric zombie thing and it has required multiple redesigns. Werewolves, Vampires and Spirits were just a distraction, there are the true next-level undead we're dealing with here! :eek:

timeracers likes this.
  16. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Electricity and zombies? Are we talking Frankenstein here? (it would fit well with all the other "Universal Monsters" mentioned in the latest previews)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    karadoc likes this.
  17. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

[​IMG]

Quite a step up from Invigorating Touch when it comes to healing power and effects, makes me curious just what the random vampire card pool looks like and whether Vampire Kiss can cause the opponents to create a Vampire Kiss card. I wouldn't be surprised if Werewolves got a similar sort of card. This seems like a powerful effect, not even rad Pulse and Bite discard more than one card, so I'm wondering whether the universal purge we've seen before forces all characters to discard all werewolf/vampire/spirit cards and draw that many new cards. Either way, CM is giving a lot of new tools to players, I'm interested to see how they'll work out in practice.

18. hello world

hello world Hydra

Vampire kiss seems the kind of card that is way better when not drawn from a vampire deck, if that is possible, just imagine if you play it while wearing barbed platemail, antimagic skin or even just reliable mail, filling the opponent hand of draining attacks.

19. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I suppose we get to see Mage/Ghost tomorrow ? :)

BlackVoidDeath and Flaxative like this.