Loot Fairy Tracker

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

IMPORTANT: New Fairy Tracker webpage up!

Visit the Loot Fairy Tracker webpage to see where the Loot Fairy is and when it will move next. There're also updated FAQs and some additional information on the page. Additionally, as I get a lot of traffic there, I use the page to share news and announcements with Card Hunters.

#

The Loot Fairy: The Loot Fairy goes around to one module per day and enchants that module to produce better loot upon completion. When you beat the last map of an enchanted module, you get two guaranteed rare or better items! This is what the loot fairy looks like:

[​IMG]

There is more info on how exactly the Loot Fairy operates on the tracker site. Also, the tracker site can be used to help locate the fairy—that's the main point of the page, actually. There're instructions on how to participate in the hunt on the tracker.

Loot Fairy History

If you want to follow the Loot Fairy's trail, and see where it has been when, check the tracker stats Google Spreadsheet, which lists every known location of the Loot Fairy.

Fairy-Improved Chests

So far, the minimum drops in a Loot Fairy chest are, as far as we can tell:
    • 2 Uncommons or better
    • 2 Rares or better (except on Special Loot modules: Slub Gut's Sanctum & Kobold missions)
    Card Hunter Club: Rare or better (~25% upgrade chance)*

On average, each chest has .4 epics and .1 legendaries.*

*It is possible that these are incorrect, but no one has found a common item in a Fairy-improved chest to date. The epic conversion rate also seems higher than in normal guaranteed-rare chests. I'm logging chest data here, and updating the stats as I go.

Fairy Patrol

The Fairy Patrol is decommissioned now, instead crowdsourced via the Loot Fairy Tracker site.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    aPhilRa, Wocket, Stage and 13 others like this.
  2. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I'm in, but I must ask.

What reason do you have to believe this sir?

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Fortunately, this hypothesis is very easy to test. Post away. ;)

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yesterday, *redacted* came into lobby chat and asked if anyone had beaten Black Oaken Heart that day. When I asked *redacted* why they were asking, I got only silence as a response. Suspicious, I acted on my hunch and went and cleared Black Oaken Heart. Sure enough, I got the Loot Fairy. I told CT5 to test it, and he also got the Loot Fairy on Black Oaken Heart. This leads me to believe that the Loot Fairy was "at" the Black Oaken Heart yesterday. I'm not yet sure whether it's at one location at a time or multiple, but it was my first time seeing the Loot Fairy and I don't think there was any coincidence.

That's why I'm interested in us sharing our findings, because even if we can't figure out a pattern we can at least encourage each other to seek out the Loot Fairy wherever it was last found.

ParodyKnaveBob, neoncat and Jarmo like this.
  5. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Fair enough, I accept your hypothesis. Well done with the sleuthing!

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Also maybe post the time at which you found the Loot Fairy, in UTC. I have reason to believe that a malevolent force can move the Loot Fairy at will, and may attempt to foil our plans... getting a time record on when we found it could help further sleuthing.

7. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

I should point out that I got the Loot Fairy a couple of days ago, but it didn't contain an epic. Just three rares (including the Club Membership), so it's not guaranteed epic. Probably more equivalent to a gold chest in MP.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah I don't think it's guaranteed epic, just guaranteed better. Whatever it is, let's try to follow the fairy!

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

If we wanted to get serious about it, we could assign regular daily patrols. Split the adventures into beats we are comfortable with. For example, I complete all the level 6 adventures every day anyway. I could expand my daily rounds to cover e.g. levels 6 and 7 and report sightings. If others establish their non-overlapping beats we could collectively cover the whole level spread with not too much effort for each player. If we get enough Loot Fairy Patrolmen we could have only one adventure each to cover in the extreme case.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sure, I can sign up to do everything L1-L5, takes me about 30 min to clear all of those combined. I'll keep the list in this post.

Level 1-5: Flaxative
    Level 6-7: Jarmo
    Level 8+?

11. PenPenguin

PenPenguin Kobold

I'll report findings for yellow dragon and card2.

12. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

I'll take the Mauve Manticores, see if those yield anything.

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I would like to know if we can prove that the loot fairy only appears in one location on a certain day, as opposed to appearing in Black Oaken Heart only until you beat it... and then going to a pre-determined or random location next.
    I suppose what I am asking is, can anyone who has NOT played BOH and has NOT seen a loot fairy, can they go to BOH and still get it or is it gone already? Also, has anyone played it twice yet?

I've done the adventures from 6-8 (not including the melvelous one) and haven't seen anything yet.

14. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

Also, nothing has appeared in Black Oaken Heart yet, on a few run-throughs.

Edit: This was on two alternate accounts that had not beaten BOH yet on either, so it's not tied to that campaign quest, or it was and now is on another one.

15. That was yesterday, dude.

Edit: My bad, I skipped his post.

16. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

And? Jade asked a question, and I answered it?

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Level 8 Melvelous the Magnificent checked at 08:13 UTC (let's use the 24-hour clock here as a paramilitary organisation :p), nothing there.

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

Checked all levels 1-7 at 8:23 UTC, and nothing.

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

So only levels 9-17 and the Mauve Manticores left to check. Unless the Fairy Godmother now moves it to already covered ground to be safe from prying eyes — if we want to disappear down the paranoia rabbit hole of no return.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Actually, maybe a better organisational model for this crowdsourcing effort would be that people just check this thread for which adventures have already been covered for the day and complete whatever they feel like from what is left. There's no real need to have established beats. We could use midnight UTC or 00:00 (the shop reset time) as the Great Loot Hunt Fairy (GLHF) daily separation baseline for now.