[GUILD] Seasons

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Would it be possible to have a monthly contribution tab under individual guild pages? It'd be nice to see how individual members are doing each season :)

(keep up the good work PoF!)

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Oh, well, I dunno. What prizes would you like?

It'd be tricky, but not impossible I guess. Hmm. I'll think on it some more. For now though you can browse each member's history to see roughly what they've been up to.

3. Farbs

OriginEarlyLeaders.png
    Here we see the top four guilds, from day 5 of The Origin of the Seasons onward*.

Power of Fires has consistently dominated, with Sorcererers and NinetyNineKnaves swinging wildly as they compete for second place.
    PizzaAndCoffee have made a late start but are rapidly gaining on PoF, and if they maintain this trajectory will be competing for the top spot some time in the next two days.

The other nine guilds have mostly struggled to break away from the pack, either sitting near to 1,000 rating points or falling into a gentle decline. As PizzaAndCoffee have shown however there's still plenty of time to bounce back into contention, and with a few key recruits or a string of inter-guild wins anything could happen.

* Ratings shown here are actually the mid point between the teams daily minimum and maximum, rather than their final rating at the end of the day. This gives a much more legible and accurate picture of each guild's performance.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

You asked me that already :D Gold or purple chests or pizza, in that order :p
    Not sure how to distribute it in a guild but you can surely figure sth out :)

5. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

*knock knock*

"COME IN!!!"

"Hi everyone! Can I say something?"

"SHUT UP!!!"

"...and now?"

"C'MON, SAY WHAT YOU WONNA SAY"

"I had a discussion with all of my guildmates and we think that pizza, purple-chest, gold, new figures, freaky items... everythings would be great"

"SHUT UP AGAIN, AND GO!!!"

*door closed*

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    Sir Veza and Tyldan like this.
  6. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

How does one actually join a guild?

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Go to the guild pages, find a guild you want to join. Then either find the Principal in MP chat or PM them in the forums and ask for an initiation match.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    Fifjunior7 likes this.
  8. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, I think there should be rewards. Maybe just a single Epic chest per player in the guild or something. Nothing big but something could help motivate more people.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

What about something like a 1k-gold treasure (or, more utopic, 1ok treasure as usual :D) that looks like a Cup dropped in the inventory? (with the label "September Champions", of course).
    .....aaaaand, if I may ask, a different font to write the name in the players' list on the left?!? :rolleyes:

Don't be afraid to insult me! :p

Tyldan likes this.
  10. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Then they'd have to make a new item each time. I could see a single new treasure that is given out to players. Just some trophy treasure or something. That way completionists have to join a guild and win to get everything.

11. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Was there any rewards at all for September?

12. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

no rewards, till now... :rolleyes: is the reason for which I'm still proposing alternatives :D

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah we haven't implemented any kind of rewards yet. Thanks for all the ideas, we're still listening.

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

@Farbs

So not sure what you had in mind in this case, but I threw something together based on the idea of a thrown room left empty for too long except for a few guards. Feel free to use it (or modify it and use it) if you like it, and if not no hurt feelings. I just always thought the burning of guilds would be a fun added dimension!

Attached Files:

15. Rewards can be epic and golden chest, for example 10 epic to the first place, 6 to the second, etc. The chest would randomly be distributed on every member. Also a good idea can be make special guild matches or leagues. Co-op mode can be very good for guild battles too.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Maybe you could offer pizza to whoever makes the best razing ceremony. *hint*hint*

Does the API report co-op team members? I think it would be cool if razing had to be done by a team of players from three different guilds.

Magic Elves likes this.
  17. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Yea, that sounds really good. It would be a lot less chaotic than one jerk going around and blowing up every abandoned guild, it'd need to be at least three jerks.

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Farbs

I should point out, I've cooled on the idea of razing ceremonies. Now that guild leaderboards only show guilds active in the current season, I think it's much less important to muck out the quiet/dead ones.

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Oh. I guess I should have asked before putting work into "ruin"-ing your Guild Initiation board.

Maybe I can still turn it into a MM submission (though it really works best if the player has Volcano).

Farbs and Flaxative like this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ah, memories ...
    [​IMG]

Where IS SLG, anyway?