Guild Points out of whack

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by ElShafto, Feb 20, 2014.

1. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

This is probably more of a frustration post than anything, but I hate that the Guild points are so out of whack compared to normal points. I spent three entire days playing MP matches, did not go up against another guild person, and "increased" my contribution from 9 to 16.

One match last night against neoncat and I lose 32 points. Wham, now I'm -16.

Either up the points slightly for playing non-guild people or curb the Guild points a little bit.

Flaxative and neoncat like this.
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Seconded... I went 2-4 last night, all of them blowouts (0-6, 6-0, or 6-1). My in-game rating dropped 80 points, and my guild rating jumped by that same amount.

3. The Mask Makers

The Mask Makers Mushroom Warrior

Climb up the leaderboard. I think you'll have more chance of meeting other guilds in the 1500+ range.
    And win a lot more, it'll balance out in the long run. Up your win rate to around 60% and I bet you'll have high contribution. :)

Oh yeah but I agree that it'd be better to increase the point against non-guild opponent. Or make it scale to your current contribution (i.e more point if low contribution...)

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

My in-game rating fluctuates around 1500. :p

I spent the first few weeks of guild play with 90% win rate and -100 contribution. My guild rating swings +/- 200 points over the course of a week, largely independent of my win rate.

5. The Mask Makers

The Mask Makers Mushroom Warrior

But now you only have 52% win rate and +122 contribution, so I think it's safe to say it did balance out in the long run. :p

6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

This... sounds like a suggestion? I'm gonna move it BUT you can always have me move it back if you don't think that's appropriate.