Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Quick question before I spam this topic with them; When game modules describe distance (height/width), are they supposed to be accurate in relation to the following map or are they just there for flavour? Perhaps I'm just too used to DnD measurements (1 square = 5 feet) but a lot of the maps don't seem to match descriptions in the intro text.

2. Nemesis

Nemesis Kobold

Against The Cockroaches
    Part 1 - Aftermath
    "citys" should be "city's"

3. Nemesis

Nemesis Kobold

Burnt Pudding
    "There is also a yellow puddings here" ... should be "are also yellow puddings" or "is also a yellow pudding"

4. Rist

Rist Kobold

Citrine Demon Portal has 4 battles, not 3 as stated.

5. Aquillion

Aquillion Kobold

In the lead-in to the first battle in Beneath the Frozen Earth, Frozen Canyon, the text reads:

"You push on and after many long and cold days of exploration, you come across the Frozen Canyon. Here, in an otherwise unremarkable canyon, they are surrounded and ambushed by a Trog scouting party."

The second "they" should read "you" -- otherwise it's inconsistent between second and third person. Presumably the text originally referred to the adventurers in the third person and was edited into the second, but that was missed.

6. Hajeil Sounak

Hajeil Sounak Mushroom Warrior

Cardstock at the end of battle 2 it reads "... remove himself from these debates as the first opportunity." I believe this is supposed to say " at the first opportunity."

Attached Files:

7. Unlucky Scarecrow

8. Unlucky Scarecrow

Typos:
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3564/alsoapuddings.png
    http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8624/assoonyoudothis.png

Two more things I'm unsure about though. First, this thing from Against the Cockroaches:
    http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1653/cockroaches.png
    There's two typos here; Tyrannical is missing an 'n', and it says Level 12 recommended when the world map says Level 10. But, because this module was written by Gary, it wouldn't be an unrealistic thing for Gary to make typos. (Especially when my first thought seeing the "Level 12 recommended" was that Gary wanted the party to be a higher level than they're supposed to be so that the following battles against "Morvin" would be an absolute curb stomp; Although I haven't played the module yet to be sure)

Other thing:
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1415/haiku676.png
    Traditionally haiku are 5-7-5, and although there are some that break that pattern, this 6-7-6 pattern quote might be intentional. Or maybe Gary is just bad at Haiku? It might be an intentional (by the devs) pattern to give Gary some character, so I'm not sure if it's a text bug.

9. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

Just noticed in the Library battle of the Core , the geomancer rollovers all say "Novice null Geomancer". Might have been true in earlier battles, didn't notice.

10. dfan

dfan Kobold

Wizard's Workshop errors:
    • The title says WIZARDS WORKSHOP but the text says WIZARD'S WORKSHOP (with an apostrophe)
    • "forebidding" should be "forbidding".
    • Looks like there's an extra space before "forebidding".

11. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

When the status effect of a Fire Bolt triggered Spiked Mail, this showed in the log: Battered is wearing armor -
    and spikes (broken "herhis" tag) attacker

Also, that message triggered when the Spiked Mail failed, which seems odd.

12. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

I used 1 square = 10 foot which was the standard back in ye olde days.

13. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks for this. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next build. It's a weird Excel bug that plays havoc with apostrophes.

14. Card Hunter Joe

Ugh. Fixed. Thanks!

15. Card Hunter Joe

Indeed they did. Thanks for spotting and reporting. Fixed!

16. dfan

dfan Kobold

In Caverns of the Troglodytes, first battle, Gary's text mentions "howling gutteral shrieks" - should be "guttural".

17. dfan

dfan Kobold

Caverns of the Troglodytes: Stench Cavern, intro text: "a Trog Spearmen" (should be "Spearman").

18. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

During High Mountain Pass level "Ogre Lair" there are a couple minor text bugs. "arboretum of tysis" should be capitalized. "a unexpected dining opportunity" should probably be "an unexpected"

19. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Oaken Heart module "Forest Goblins" level - "Up ahead your hear the sound of water"

20. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Yellow Dragon module "Honor Guard" level - "Theres a pool in the center of the room" should be "There's"