Caverns of Chaos Death List

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Magic Elves, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Level eight, Omin, Caveman Mage, and Dwarf cold wizard. Died to Shadow and Mote Guardians, Festering Zombies, and Assassins on a maze-like level from one of the demon portal missions. It hurt!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Level nine this time, Female Elf Wizard, Caveman Wizard, and Female Human Priest (the one with the warpaint) on the last map of Temple of Scales. Flying Monkeys, Blinking Wisps, Bronze Golems, and a Mind Flenser. Flenser went down easy but the monkeys and wisps just had too much damage at range, and were far too maneuverable for me to take cover.

3. No one may be watching/reading this thread but w/e
    Level 7
    Caveman, Geisha, Human Priest (skully)
    Goblin shaman and scanners kept energizing the assassin's on a very small map. I could trick the assassins into uncanny dodging onto acid but only when they weren't "here about the job". Plus, the poison darts are hard to cope with

4. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

Whelp since the servers appear to be down, the last CoC match I remember playing I made it all the way to the end got the green dragon from the tutorial some Citadel spiders and I want to say that one zombie boss. Killed the dragon, I think there where also some mutants because I remember killing something else as well. Then I spent the rest of the round watching the spiders get the group invisible trait every other round with no way to attack them as they attacked me and constantly blocked my path so I couldn't escape from the zombie boss dude...

My question is has anyone lost in CoC and had it not feel like you got cheated by a bad pairing?

5. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Lost at level 10 to the trap boulder with the immune to all armor and the 50 point attack. I was down to a priest and a wizard, but couldn't avoid it's attacks long enough to kill it. That boulder feels a little unfair.

6. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

The true killer of CoC... is the bad terrain! to often you are surrounder in a bad map... and too often you don't have the strong attack to kill mass enemy that prevent you from moving :D other than that... i think the most killer mob are Flying monkey but also some spearman are hard to fight againist if you have wizard.

7. Ludicrine

Ludicrine Kobold

Haven't actually played CoC in quite a while (or rather, enough times in one sitting that I'd start to notice which enemies I'm dying from a lot), but I do remember getting wrecked a number of times by Mind Flensers. From what I'm hearing everyone else talk about though with those Death Elementals (whom I have had the pleasure of never encountering), I'd say that's just me being horrible at this game.

8. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

death elemental are just a new entry to CoC this is the reason you never met them before :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Ludicrine like this.
  9. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

3 dwarves, against a forest of bombardier trees. 2 warriors, 1 cleric. Map with huge opening in the middle.