Achievement Thread!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by SirSrsly, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

you rly could have treated yourself to something for that 1g.

ParodyKnaveBob and 40c_rudy like this.
  2. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

I know, right? I really need to spoil myself with that 1 gold after all the hard work.

3. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

1703.PNG

Achieved a personal goal today, getting to the 1700s. Funny, took me 170 games in total.

visak13, ParodyKnaveBob, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

My highest ever rank put me into the top 100 again, but this is the first time I got to see that fact with my own eyes. Highly satisfying. $¦^ )
    It also got me within the top "page" of the scrolly list of players without server reset shenanigans.

CH-in-top-100.png

Sir Veza, wereviper, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  5. ParodyKnaveBob

Related to the above, but I'll post again (nearly a day later) instead of editing. I'm trying to find the positive outlook on this incident.

In ranking that highly, for the second time ever I reached a 10-win streak. I'm so pleased to say I earned every win. That is, not one random disconnection. (Plenty of early resignations, though! And, well, there was one battle, a non-blitz for that matter, where during the first two rounds, my esteemed opponent missed every single roll. That was painful. Shaky to say I out-and-out earned that one despite subsequent rounds evening out the rolls with my own backfires and such. But anyway.)

This matching streak ended before I had a chance to surpass it due to a CH bug -- meaning, (positive outlook here, this is my consolation,) not by my play: I didn't actually break the streak. $¦^ J

upload_2016-12-13_16-58-28.png

Takin' names for the Sorcererers. $;^ b

Pawndawan, CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

I don't mean to feel like I'm taking over this thread, but I've been achieving a lot lately. $E^ b

CH-PKB-1600!.png
    CH-PKB-1600!-Prince!-(Steam-achievement).png

7. stupid531

stupid531 Lizardman Priest

Amazing !
    It is really impressive .

Can only imagine how much effort you have put into this same game I am playing .

NIMABI, 40c_rudy and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  8. NIMABI

NIMABI War Monkey

upload_2016-12-24_16-28-56.png

I can finally get rid of all that junk inside my trunk.
    Yay.

Sir Veza, stupid531, rinco69 and 4 others like this.
  9. NIMABI

NIMABI War Monkey

upload_2016-12-25_2-1-43.png

And then 3 Legendaries in 1 ... normal chest.
    Merry Christmas :D

10. Gingrich Yurr

How were your reflexes so fast to catch those flying orange legendary words...:eek:

11. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Climbed from Rank 70-something to Rank 1 in one day (1600 to 1800 elo) after a grueling 42 wins in the span of one day. The finishing game was a win against the Rank 1 player before the match. This was a great release as I only recently came back to the game for Castle Mitternacht. Kudos to the devs for a great expansion!

To those who thought you couldn't play creative builds and succeed in rank at the same time, this instance may be enough to change your minds. I played a variety of builds around the 1650-1750 Elo range until I finally settled on a 2 wizard + 1 warrior build to finish the climb.

Daily Leaders.png
    From MIA to 1.png

Sir Veza, visak13, Macizo and 9 others like this.
  12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

[​IMG]

this also probably includes 3k hours spent on idling because DD resets at 2 AM for half of a year and at 1 AM for the other half

13. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

14. ParodyKnaveBob

So, when AI first came out, I got it pretty quickly -- the timing worked out nicely -- and I played, had a blast, plus beat the Hard Mode levels without too much problem. They were hard, which I liked. Just had to build pretty specialized decks for each battle, but I still used my old original adventuring party. Later on, Loot Fairy comes around, sure, AI Hard, I'm there, np.

Oh. Wow. ... I know this is old news to many, (see the above post for example, ha ha ha,) -- and I'll avoid spoilers in case you reading haven't played it -- but Troll Tyrant. It's hard.

I just got the AotA adventures, and my goal was to beat it using my old adventuring party (at level 20 these days). After 3-5 losses on the final battle of the Troll Tyrant, I landed on a deck concept that worked. (My first time in, I slew the big guys super quickly and easily, but the little guys whittled me down to death, ugh.) So, I guess my "awesome personal achievement" is that I just beat a level I found so much harder than AI without delving into my other character roster. But there's more. $;^ J On that last time, when I beat it, each character had a very specific job. Human warrior, take out all the little things. Dwarf wizard, keep everyone alive via crowd control. Human priest, keep everyone alive, chiefly via Nimbus, especially once the big guys needed to be dealt with. The jobs were so dedicated, only the warrior really had any damage. The priest even carried double Cowardly! $:^ P (No, really, this is still leading somewhere, hang with me, ha ha ha.) Well, my wiz died pretty quickly -- but he did an excellent job on the way down. Then, with only the Tyrant himself remaining, my warrior surprisingly died. Uh-oh. Forty-five rounds in, my Holy-role-playing priest took down the giant. $8^ | Making it even funnier and more of an achievement? I kid you not, twice -- TWICE -- she drew a brand new Laser Block + Cowardly in the same turn and got attacked to first trigger the block and *then* discard (the same created attack both times!) Laser Whip!! Ugh!! lol (There were other shenanigans, too, but that was the real kicker!)

I know cards and items have changed since the beginning, but I don't think I even want to know how people did this with Basic+AotA sets only, ha ha ha ha. And this was only the normal adventure! Quests?! W/e! lol $:^ P

HisRoyalHygiene and Scarponi like this.
  15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Back to 100%.

100.jpg

16. ParodyKnaveBob

upload_2018-2-28_2-25-11.png upload_2018-2-28_2-19-30.png upload_2018-2-28_2-26-21.png

$:^ D

(Ironically, I was #25 in the game just last night or so with a lower 1680s or so rating.)

Scarp? Testlum? I'mma comin' for yoouu! lol

Update:
    upload_2018-2-28_8-9-9.png
    $}^ }

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  17. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Usually when I'm making a build, I pick my characters and then try to maximize their burst damage, or their heals, or their vamp damage, or whatever. Naturally, this approach doesn't leave any room for boring old cards like Purge and Boiling Armor.

Yesterday I decided to try a different approach. I threw some standard strong items onto a boring 25 hp 1/1/1 and made sure to bring purge, armor removal, control, heals, movement, damage, armor, and blocks. In other words, I made a balanced build for the first time in my life.

The result? An 87% winrate over 52 games, bringing me from a high 1500 to exactly 1800. My last 9 games to 1800 were all blitz victories.

[​IMG]

I tried to get to 1800 many times before by combining items and characters that I thought would fit well together, but all my builds had some weakness, some counter, and I fell short of the mark every time. It turns out that all I had to do was cover all my bases and play carefully.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    visak13, Sir Veza, Scarponi and 3 others like this.
  18. Gingrich Yurr

Traits.PNG

Couldn't really find a thread for this, but this is simple the most broken Quick Draw deck I've ever drafted. And yes, I picked Blind Rage.

19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

20. Gingrich Yurr