Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Killer Bee

Killer Bee Orc Soldier

Looking at pictures of the expansion made me think of a Portal card.

Target 2 squares become portals, any character can travel from one to the other with a single move point. Duration 3.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

Jekyll and Hyde

Trait: any heals that the user plays, deals that amount of holy damage to the target selected. Duration 3.

It would get weird with stuff like team heal or heal the weak, but could somehow change the function as if it were played by the other team. Someone brought up the fact that they got protection to holy damage with a genetic engineering, and I found only misguided heal to deal holy damage (probably missed some other things). So I thought of this idea as a trait.

Haxzploid likes this.
  3. Rapid Thrust

2 dmg penetrating. Cantrip. (bronze)

Giant Axing

6 dmg. Cone. Range 2 (gold)

Break Leg

6 dmg. Encuber 1, duration 2. (silver)

Fire Bomb

0 dmg. Atach to target: take 6 fire dmg, duration 1. Range 6 (golden)

Raining Ice.

1 dmg, encumber 1, duration 2. Affects all characters within 5 squares. (paper)

Venemous Burst

Poison 2, duration 3. Burst 1. Range 5 (silver)

Soul Fortitude

Atach to target. Armor 2. duration 3. Range 5 (silver)

Dark assault

6 dmg, heals the same amount of the damage this card deals. step 1. (gold)

Divine intervention

All the damage dealt this turn to all units is reduced by half, rounded up. (gold)

Hand of gloom

Atach to target. When the target plays a card, negate it's effects. Roll: 5 or more. Duration 2. Silver. Range 6

Obernoob likes this.
  4. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

Perfected defence.
    Reaction
    This card does not count toward the hand limit.
    When an armor prevents damage, add 1 to the prevented damage. keep ( clarification : an armor on the character with this card)
    When you discard an armor card, discard this card instead and keep the armor card. (clarification : as above, valid for the character with this card)

The discard part would work with all kind of discard trigger, be it a frenzy aura preventing damage, be it an opposing boiling armor, be it using thick leather armor to move, be it end of turn discard due to hand size

5. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Burning Walls

Attach to self. At the beginning of the turn, any creature that are adjacent to blocking terrain takes 4 fire damage. Duration 3.

Kindness

Attach to target. When you would deal damage to a target, you instead heal target for the same amount. Duration 1.

Or maybe Kindness should be a trait.

6. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

The Floor Is Lava

All squares not occupied by characters become Lava Terrain. Duration 1.

7. + Whirlwind Enemies (or Whirlwind, if you've got Hover or the like).
    + Hypnotic Beacon.

8. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Crackerjack Curer
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 3.
    When you play a Holy card add 3 to its range.

Master of Arcana
    When you play an Arcane card add 2 to its range.

Mystical Monsoon
    When you play a Cone card add 1 to its range.

Thaumaturgic Typhoon
    When you play a Cone card it goes out in all four directions.

9. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Magic Feud
    Arcane Magic
    Damage 4
    Range 6
    Target gets a copy of this card.

Massive Magic Feud
    Arcane Magic
    Damage 4
    Range 6
    All enemies get a copy of this card.

Maybe when you stop at a portal terrain you can move to any other portal terrain.

Other portal cards:
    Target square and one random square become portal terrain.

Target square and two random squares become portal terrain.

Five random squares become portal terrain.

ParodyKnaveBob and BlackSabbath like this.
  10. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Mad Science
    Create a random Boost card and a random Handicap card and attach them to the target. Draw a card.

Side Effects
    You cannot play this on enemies. Create a random Handicap card and attach to the target. Heal 5. Draw a card.

11. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Time Bomb
    Target square become bomb terrain (At the start of this round, if this card expires this round, deal 10 fire damage to all characters within 2 squares). Duration 2.

12. hello world

hello world Hydra

Trait
    minor Laser proficiency
    If you would receive a random laser malfunction card, you instead choose one of two random laser malfunction cards to add to your hand.

Controlled walk
    Step 1,add a shuffle card to your hand.

Delayed walk
    Step 2 after the next enemy turn.

Surprising strike
    If the target is behind you at the start of this move, surprising strike deals 7 damage

damage 4.
    Range 1

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  13. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Some handicap cards:

Filthy
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Whenever you stop in a square, that square and all adjacent squares become Mud Terrain with duration 2. Duration 2.

Acidic Aura
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. You have immunity to Acid. Whenever you stop in a square, that square and all adjacent squares become Acid Terrain with duration 2. Duration 2.

Bad Hunter
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Whenever you stop in a square, create a Shuffle card for all enemies in adjacent squares and put those cards in those enemies hands. Duration 2.

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think Filthy is better if it just made the space you end on Mud Terrain. I think then it's rating should be E,E,E,D(wizards don't have many blocks)

15. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

A few ideas of mine

Holy Smite

Melee Crushing, range 1, Damage 6
    Whenever damage from this attack is reduced by armor, deals 3 penetrating holy damage to the target.
    It looks like the gods do not want this blow to be soft.

Hidden weapon
    Draw a card. Discard that card unless it is an attack with 4 or less damage. Repeat until you have drawn two such cards or drawn 8 cards.

Throw Pebble
    Projectile Crushing, range 4, damage 1
    Cantrip
    Yes it is a distraction. A distraction that gives a headache.

Wariness
    Trait. Attach to yourself. You are now considered as facing any character up to you rear diagonals. Duration 2
    Without Wariness: 2015-09-14_00002.jpg , With Wariness: 2015-09-14_00001.jpg

Rubber Armor
    Armor 2, Roll 4+, Keep
    This armor grants immunity to Crushing and Electricity. Whenever this armor reduces damage from a melee attack, Slide back 1 the atttacker. Keep

Maybe call it a Bouncing Armor and remove the immunities

Cleansing Purge
    Magic Holy, range 6
    Discard terrain attachment in target square. Discard all ennemy cards and all of your handicap attached to any character in that square.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    tolkien and Maniafig like this.
  16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

A lot of cool ideas. Holy Smite should say Penetrating for the holy damage (not the damage type piercing). Holy Smite would be balanced at Bronze+(4, C+). Hidden Weapon would be fair except for that you could draw All Out Attack, Punishing Strike, Nimble Strike, and more. So maybe the text should be changed to Create 2 Penetrating Cuts. With this change I think it should be valued at Silver+(7, B+). I think this should be renamed to Throw Pebble(it's only dealing 1 damage). Should be a Bronze=(3, C) Card. Awareness is badly worded so I will not comment on it. Rubber Armor looks interesting I don't know what to think of it until we can test it. Cleansing Purge is a great idea and would be fine at Bronze=(3,C).

17. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I'm still surprised why this isn't a thing.

The Final Blow
    Melee Crushing
    Deals 2 penetrating damage for every 3 HP missing from your health. Kills the user after dealing the damage. Cannot be used when user has more than half of his health, rounded up.

Hidden Pill
    This card cannot be used when the user has more than 2 health. Instantly kills the user. Death caused by Hidden Pill doesn't award points to the opponent.

ParodyKnaveBob and BlackSabbath like this.
  18. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I think I facitiously suggested a while back that there be a card called "Ride into the Sunset" or something like that that did something similar - denying your opponent the VP for a character death in exchange for killing the character. Ultimately, losing a character is a really big deal - those 2 cards and a move per turn make a difference - so I donno if the HP limit is necessary. If you want to put a card in your deck that kills that character... that's your choice. You shouldn't have that be an even MORE restricted card by limiting when you can play it.

However, that all presumes that VP denial is what the game needs, and I'm not even sure of that.

19. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Weird Block
    Block any, 6+. If this card was not revealed, add 2 to the die roll.
    That was unexpected! But I'm ready now.

Cleanse the Land

Magic Holy
    Remove all terrain attachements.

Field Analysis

Attach this card to yourself. Whenever you play a move card, add Free Move to it. Does not affect Step Moves. Duration 2.
    Know where every obstacle stands so you can keep an eye on your ennemy

Headsmash

Melee Crushing, range 1, damage 5
    Attach to the target. Target is Clumsy (it does not turn to attack or when attacked). Duration 1.
    You'll feel a bit dizzy for a time. Then you'll realize how painful it is.

Stealth

Trait. Attach to yourself. At the start of each round, drawn an extra card if no ennemy can see you. Duration 3.
    You must admit it is easier to concentrate when there isn't anyone rushing at you with a sword.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  20. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I like stealth.