Birthday Celebrations This Weekend (12th and 13th of September)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 9, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yes that was a good game, though rng favoured you over the other team - CH its ruled by our lord and saviour rnj ;)

2. BlackVoidDeath

Oh just remembered some questions I wanted to ask: when will most of the adventures be set to have the LF? at what time? 0:00 UTC or the normal time the LF changes its place? and then for the day after (sunday) when will the adventures be reset to have the LF all over the place again?

3. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I'm not sure I understand. If a person is playing the game before the birthday event starts, how to they get the extras from the birthday event? does the event update while you are in game? I'm not sure what the benefit would be, wouldn't there also still be a cooldown timer for the adventures? or do all the cooldowns reset once it starts?

4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The event starts at the same time when adventures usually reset

5. BlackVoidDeath

No, the event starts at midnight UTC, but I still need my questions answered!

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The adventures do reset at midnight UTC too.

Have no idea what the answer to your question would be, although I would assume the Fairy will just be all over the place right from midnight UTC too. Something @Flaxative would probably be able to confirm/deny

7. BlackVoidDeath

Thats what I want, but he has not been around for 3 hours :(

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think that's correct. We don't do this often enough that I'm 100% on the Loot Fairy's behavior, but it should work like a Fairy move to all locations, at 0 UTC.

9. Tardis

Tardis Kobold

Last year the adventures didn't reset until after you logged out, and logged back in after 0 UTC. The loot fairy came online at 0 UTC. So the idea here is be logged in before 0 UTC, but don't play anything until after the loot fairy comes online. Once you are done with your run in the quests (or you get booted out), log back in, and the adventures will refresh with another chance to get loot fairy everywhere. Nets you one more run through the loot fairy quests.

Not sure if any of the updates have changed this, but we will see.

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

It will still work.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm certainly going to try this myself and attempt to get 3 co-op loot fairies for every lv 6-12 adventure (still trying to get my first Wym's Lavastaff).

CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Wow cardhunter making it two years who could have seen that comming. This guy!! Congratulations Jon and everyone the game keeps getting better as times goes on and i wish i had more time to play it between work school and life.

Flaxative, CT5, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  13. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Happy Birthday! Fun stuff! $:^ J

Through a weird, somewhat amazing turn of events, I suddenly have regular Internet access (although I don't know how long I'll keep it if I even decide to do so). I got to co-op with some o' me guildmates -- Sorcererers! -- through Loot Fairy after Loot Fairy after Loot Fairy blessing! $:^ b Also, I now have Marroo! Nifty! $:^ b (I hope to get uh that other guy, too. (Meowler? Yeah, I don't recall, sorry. Not looking it up. Much more ridiculous and painful to the reader this way. $;^ b lol) We'll see if I have the time and skill for that!)

Thank you, Blue Manchu, for the festive festival festivities!

14. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Happy birthday, CH! :)

Sir Veza, Bandreus and Flaxative like this.
  15. Heh. For its birthday, the CH RNG is telling me to burn the world.

While I don't remember the bulk of my finds and acquisitions (Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion probably being the most interesting non-incinerating find), not only did it provide me enough gold to get my first Mordecai's with enough additional gold saved up for the next interesting legendary, but both DD and RR had a Xipil Ring for sale during the event and I picked up a third Xipil Ring while redoing the campaign. :confused:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  16. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

one of my favourite games ever... Happy Birthday CH !! :D

Sir Veza, timeracers, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  17. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Did this get shelved for the time being, then? :)