Birthday Celebrations This Weekend (12th and 13th of September)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Woo happy happy birthday! Last time I didn't remember to play any of the leagues, missing out on the awesome meow-sters. I won't make the same mistake again!

CT5, Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

This will be the first time I spend pizza on membership.

Bandreus and Sir Veza like this.
  3. Tardis

Tardis Kobold

Another piece of advice to get the most out of the Loot fairy I learned from last year - log-in before the Birthday starts and play through the campaign as much as you want once the Birthday Bash has begun. It gets you almost another full run of loot fairy for all the quests.

Also remember, you are just as likely to get Legendary and Epic treasures on the lower levels as you are on the higher ones.

Have fun everybody!

Bandreus, Sir Veza and Xayrn like this.
  4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Don't forget to play the EttSC adventures if you want a better chance at EttSC equipment.

5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

And you will get even better loot if you do the loot fun in coop, right? So it would be great to form a team with two other people who can also provide a firestorm mage and / or a buff priest.

You have to be logged in on Fryday night before the reset to be able to do that, right? And the client should not crash after you start to farm the campaign. This way you can do the campaign three times with every level having a loot fairy reward? I guess than coop may be too slow. :D Or at last you will need a way to communicate directly, not only via chat.
    And I am happy I did not have had any good items in the club membership the last month, so I have still some pizza rewards left.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You are right co-op will give better rewards but single player is faster.

7. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Co-op can be fast with good players with the right decks. (ie, lots and lots of firestorms)

8. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

As I said, you need a way to communicate directly. When we play together via Teamspeak coop is fast. But via chat it will cost a lot of time.

9. hwango

hwango Hydra

Nooooo! I thought at long last I'd be able to complete the set of Kee-Tanh. Oh, well. Hopefully someday soon.

Looking forward to crazy loot, though. Last year I got 5 new legendary items (a pittance compared to many other players, but at the time that was more than double what I had so far, so I was still happy about it). This year I'm afraid I won't have as much time to devote to Card Hunter during the celebration, but I'm hoping the fact that I'm better at playing it will compensate for the lack of time. :D

10. HBD CH! How does figure acquisition work exactly? Is it just a chance to get it when you win league? I really want the kitty wizard!

11. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

It might be faster, but the additional 2x rare+ items make co-op more than worth it. All things considered, you get about +60% quality loot in exchange for way less than 60% additional completion time. And it is great fun, especially if you play with somebody you enjoy hanging around with.

Yeah, voice chat makes things go quicker. Although, if you are playing with competent people who don't actually need directions, the main point is joking/having a good time while completing missions on auto-pilot mode.

I don't exactly remember how it used to work. I think the figure is awarded by simply placing first in your pod.

Christofff likes this.
  12. hwango

hwango Hydra

Last time each league had a particular one of the two figures as a prize, and I do believe you had to come in first to win the figure. But there was certainly no additional randomness - if you won your pod you definitely got the figure (or an additional chest if you already had the figure, if I recall correctly).

13. Dang, I was planning on being social this weekend, meeting people living on my floor, maybe even going out to gym we have on campus (I'm currently a college student).

Looks like those plans have been changed for me.

14. Doe that mean you can't get more than 1 figure? I remember seeing people with 2 Maroo figures before though.

I know exactly what you mean :(

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

You only need to purchase/acquire a figure once, then you can slap it on as many of your characters as you please ;)

16. Didn't know that. That's awesome :cool:

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

For SP I don't use much of either, which makes things difficult for people with different playstyles. Once you find a few players with the same style and make a few runs, things tend to go swimmingly with little or no communication.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Tell your floormates about Card Hunter. If there's ever been a good weekend to get into the game, it's this weekend. ;)

Sir Veza, Bandreus, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  19. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Remember that co-op game Flax, no communication yet we were a smooth, well-oiled, destroyer of worlds.

BlackVoidDeath, Flaxative and CT5 like this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I had a repeat yesterday. Our team even lost a whole round to Radiation Spray. We still crushed. I think I can't lose ;P