Vakaz's Item Creator

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Vakaz, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sounds right. I think humans tend to get blocks and cards that help teammates, mostly. Then there's some card manipulation.

ParodyKnaveBob and Happenstance like this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I have a feeling Happenstance wasn't referencing the humans in the game...

3. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Why not both? ;)

4. Pyrogoth

Pyrogoth Mushroom Warrior

Thank you so much guys for this tool. YOu have no idea how I needed that. (not only for CH but also for some personal game design stuff we are working on with friends)

Vakaz likes this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Boots use the highest of the 3 class ratings not the general rating.

6. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Oho, if so that might be worth updating the tool for... unfortunately I am just starting a new job so I don't really have time to fix this right away...

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

For the next version, you should also fix item level 8.5 items, which currently give "Item Must Be at Least Level 1" for the token cost.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@Vakaz , In case you wondered, I keep liking all your posts in this thread because I like this tool so much. Thanks again!

Vakaz and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  9. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

What does this "Tip: Weapons with a level of X.5 can be rounded down to the lower level. However, it's worth noting that Level 13 and Level 13.5 weapons have different token costs, so keep that in mind if creating an item around that level." mean?

It jumps from 2 blue to 1 blue + 1 gold faster than normal or what?

10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Weapons change token costs every 4.5 levels (ie, half the usual 9, because they've twice the tokens available), except that no-token lasts until 6 (meaning one-blue-token weapons have a very narrow level range of just 7-8).

So 7, 9, 13.5, and 18 change token costs for weapons.

Basically, just keep 13.5 in mind for weapons, otherwise, round down.

timeracers and Stexe like this.
  11. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Is that always the case or are there exceptions? I thought there were a few items with weird exceptions or is it something else?

12. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

As far as I know [not that I claim to be an expert :p], item levels are completely static.
    Individual CARDS can have unique values, such as Raging Strike or Shifty Stab, which both cost 2 (versus standard costs in multiples of 3).

So, for example, a weapon with 6x standard bronze cards would be (3*6 (/2 because weapon))= 18/2 = a level 9 item.
    A weapon with a Shifty Stab for one of the cards would be ((3*5 + 2) /2), or 17/2, for an end level of 8.5, and would theoretically then become a one blue token item (versus a two token item).

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The exceptions are just the level 13 weapons, since some are (minortoken)(minortoken) and some are (majortoken)(minortoken). There should have been exceptions at level 4, but the rule about no tokens below level 7 stops that.
    No. You get a token for every 9 levels of total card quality. Dividing by two gives you 4.5, 9, 13.5, 18, 22.5, etc. Taking a quick look at my spreadsheet where I was playing around with these numbers, I see that Silver Fir Staff is an 8.5 and just (minortoken).

Stexe likes this.
  14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No, those aren't exceptions to the rule that the token cost increases (for 6 card items) at levels 7, 9, 13.5, 18.

No, he is correct a level 8.5 six card item costs (minortoken) (a minor token).

DunDunDun and Stexe like this.
  15. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Will there be a minor update for the now Amethyst Festering Guts?
    BTW thanks to all for contributing such a cool tool for us fellow Card Hunters!

16. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

Hello, Mr. Vakaz!
    Just wanted to inform you that the Power token thing on your generator is broken. It keeps saying ¨Item must be at least level 1" to high level items. Great generator though!
    -yhgt

17. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

It's not broken. Items have a max level of 21, I believe. The spreadsheet is saying you can't have such an item. :(

Flaxative likes this.
  18. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

Okay then. Thanks!

Mama Mia likes this.
  19. Fry

Fry Ogre

That message is a generic catchall that covers several situations, including "item level too high" but also "I don't know what the token cost for that item is because there's no precedent yet", AFAICT (level 6.5 and level 17.5 weapons both do this, I think)

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

6.5 should always be tokenless, and 17.5 is always (majortoken)(minortoken).
    The only confusion comes from the fact that 4.5-6.5 weapons should be (minortoken) but aren't.

Stexe and timeracers like this.