Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Those two would be my picks. Atomic Drop Console would be third, just below the cut.

Kalin likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

3. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Sentient_Toaster likes this.
  4. If you have that many Dodge cards, you should get a Taunt card for free. ;)

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  5. Pawndawan

Both are quite fine, but I wouldn't spend money on them. I've looted both, but use only Quinn's Buckler on low level SP for added mobility for my dwarf warrior. I prefer Bolg's Big Iron Plate over Bolg's Club Of Evasion, so I think Quinn's Buckler is better buy of those two.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Oh, hey, I've got just enough money to afford a legendary this week.

Best options from Randi:
    Robes Of Foz
    I spend most of my time Firestorming SP with dwarf wizards, so extra Reliable Mail is great, and so are moves that can take me to the center of the map. But if I'm going to Firestorm, then I obviously would rather use my 3 Firehide Robes. Still, I can see myself using this in my non-FS parties for high level adventures and MP. Does anyone use this?

St. Portia's Maul
    I've wanted this for ages, but I don't play priests as much and I already have two each of Dark Drewg's Mace and St. Alipp's Hammer, so I don't know if it'll help a whole lot.

Or I could just save my money so I don't have to do emergency grinding when Wym's Lavastaff appears in DD. (If I don't buy either of these, I'll get a third St Ulrich's Bones since I don't play enough MP to get more from there.)

7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I have an alternate wizards to my FS ones in low level farming; they wield 2 x Staff Of The Misanthrope and for protection Robes Of Foz and Bertha's Big Clogs. It works very well on open levels.

With FS/Burning wizards, Firehide Robes seems much better choice.

8. UiA

UiA Ogre

In terms of pure mobility Quinn's Buckler one of the best tokenless shields imo I bought one last randi's and will buy again if I see another.

Robes of Foz are fairly decent. I've used them on dwarf wiz in certain leagues and sometimes in SP. When you look at it all are good cards for a wiz, reliable mail is a good substitute over resistant when you're not all specced out to set yourself on fire and 2 surprise dashes are also very useful for a squishy wiz, all for zero tokens !

St. Portia's is obviously good but since you already have those other ones don't see it making too much of a difference.

9. Pawndawan

Save your money to build bigger emergency cushion. Neither of those is worth missing Wym's or other essential legendaries, in my opinion.

10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Ah it feels good to have 30 legendary treasures in my inventory :)
    Edit: 31 legendary treasures*

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

12. medetec

medetec Kobold

13. Questor

Questor Ogre

Get those two, the skull is unique and very powerful and the mace is simply great.

A lot of people will urge you to get White Flame but you should not, to make it worth it you need a lot of other legendaries and a playstyle which suits you. So save your gold because you might regret it next week or if the Daily Deal is worth its name, like this week with the Strongarm.

Pawndawan likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Ninja'd by Questor.

Skull Of Savage Iljin - Buy this. Buy it now before you forget.
    Healing Hand Mace - And this.

White Flame - Good for a burning wizard, which is an expensive hobby. You'll need another good flame-type staff and burning arcane items to make a good build. Most of which will be epic or legendary.

Focused Crushing - Not usually worth the major token. (Advanced Crushing uses a minor.)
    Rolf's Reliable Platemail - Good, but not worth 2500 gp or the major token.
    The Perforator - Not good

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Pawndawan likes this.
  15. medetec

medetec Kobold

Alright picked up the skull and mace. Thanks! I'll save the remainder for another time.

I have an Overheated Staff which should serve in a pinch if I decide to pick up burning, but I think I've missing the big ticket staffs to make it work at the moment.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I was leaning towards buying Foz, so I logged in before reset to see what alternative Reliable Mail robes I had. And the ones I saw were pretty lousy, so I was just about to buy when I thought to check what my (rarely used) MP wizard was using and saw that he had Festive Robe so I just bought the Bones instead.

Now I have a week to earn back those 500 gold to buy The Softener, which I couldn't afford last time it showed up.

17. How many heads did Iljin have, anyway? His skull seems to be a popular acquisition... ;)

18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Those aren't his skulls my friend. Those are the skulls he so savagely took from his enemies.

Melancthon, Jarmo, Bandreus and 3 others like this.
  19. Pawndawan

How many do I need? Can anyone convince me to buy any of the following... :confused:

kustaa likes this.