New Expansion

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Nym, Aug 31, 2015.

?

Do you want new Expansion soon?

1. Yes

61.5%
  2. No

38.5%
  1. Nym

Nym Kobold

Greetings, I started this game from pre-steam release. Now i finished, farmed, enjoyed with my friends etc. My friends asking for expansion pack and i am too. Most of beatiful games abandoned these days due admins inactivity but i am hoping Blue Manchu doesnt abandon this game and bring us new chapters even new classes too. (maybe new expansive costumes hi hi) Also can i have your ideas for new expansion if anyone knows? :3 Thank you.

Mama Mia likes this.
  2. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

They have a very small number of staff so expansions will take a long time to get added.

4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If BM is making crazy amounts of money and Jon can hire more staff, it could be sooner. :)
    Dunno about that situation, but as long as he can keep the game running, I'm happy enough.

Accent and Bandreus like this.
  6. Nym

Nym Kobold

Uh oh. It reminds me something... Most of the good games are closing due admins dont have time to care or other possibilities. Is this game gonna run forever?(at least i want to play this game 30 years hehe) or BM having hard times to keep active and develop further productions?

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I have every intention to do Mauve Manticore and Aloyzo's Arsenal forever. ;D

tolkien, Pawndawan, Bandreus and 2 others like this.
  8. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I plan to be around too, though because I'm a huge sourpuss I'm actually voting no on a new expansion soon. I'd rather the meta settles a little and the collectionists have a chance to get everything before everything changes again.

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

I think monthly balance updates and expansions every 6 months would be ideal.

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I agree.

I disagree. I like the policy as it is.

11. slowreflex

What is the policy?

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

To ban if something dominates the meta. What is the same policy as for the most card games.

13. slowreflex

Why is it so binary? Why not just tweak instead of ban? That's the advantage of a digital card game over a print card game. Anyway, going off-topic a bit. :)

14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Sure, I mean nerf. There were no bans so far. Sorry for the confusion.

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I think one big expansion on roughly a yearly schedule is a perfect pace for a game like CH: You do get enough time to consume the new SP content, hunt for rare items and experiment with all the new cards and mechanics, and then you still got plenty of time for the meta to go through several rotations until it finally stabilizes, before a new slew of goodness hits.

More content being released more often (aside from fully fledged-expansions, I mean) would obviously be welcome, especially to those who are mainly interested in the SP/Co-op side of things. Bu we do know Blue Manchu is already doing a lot, especially when you consider how small the dev team actually is.

The new monthly schedule for MM should help with wetting everyone's appetites some more though, plus we've reasons to believe BM already is working on a top-secret updated which is likely not gonna be centered around MP-play.

Accent and Sir Veza like this.
  16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I hear that stone wall was a card.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Stone What? Never heard of that ;)

18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It wa downgraded to Barrier on all items. As Fireball was downgraded to Ember Sparks on many cards. But Stone Wall is just present in one league, that is true. So de facto it has been baned. Good point.

timeracers likes this.
  19. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

The balance changes every few months are kind of like mini-expansions to me :p

I'd be happy to see more of them, especially balance changes that make bad cards more playable!