Board Tile Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Please report any bugs to do with board tiles here: missing tiles, incorrect terrain, confusing layout, missing victory squares, etc.

2. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

AdventureName=Tomb of Tvericus,Scenario=Narthex

The victory tiles in the middle show nothing when you right click them.

3. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

AdventureName=Black Forest,Scenario=Forest Path

A bunch of the bramble tiles aren't difficult terrain.

4. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed in next release, thanks!

5. Ben_Lee

I checked the level file and they are tagged correctly, but I'm getting the same issue when I play the map. They seem to function correctly apart from the right-click.

6. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

I always get a blank box when right-clicking victory tiles. I think it's a text bug.

And because of that I suspect that the first level of Shieldhaven Prison doesn't have functioning victory tiles because the highlighted squares show the "OPEN" message when I check them. I've never seen Gary occupy them to confirm. (Why would he, if they don't work?)
    AdventureName=Rescue,Scenario=Prison Corridor

7. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Cheers, fixed in the next release. It was difficult to explain the victory tile mechanic in so few words, but I'm sure Sir Knight will suggest better phrasing.

8. Ben_Lee

fixed in next release

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

2 and 3 up(left) and 4 to the right in Ogre Lookout is blocked but there is no indicators on the map at all.

10. Ben_Lee

fixed next release

11. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

A Dev ! Grab him ! Get him to vote for the stories !

12. Donnola

Donnola Mushroom Warrior

PILE ON!

13. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I don't know whether this is a "tile" or not, but in Descent to the Core, the second battle (Ritual Antechamber) doesn't show defeated figurines anywhere I can see. That is, the usual pile outside the board doesn't appear. The issue may also occur elsewhere but I only noticed now.

14. Ben_Lee

This is in fact, a board editor issue as "dead figure" spots are set in the board editor. I'll go fix that one.

15. Ben_Lee

Turns out none of those battles in the Core Adventure had dead figures spots... Keep an eye out for this issue in other battles, it's likely a widespread problem as those markers are hard to see in the editor.

16. Sir Knight

Hmm . . . I have a mixed "Board" and "Text" concern, so I guess I'll put it in the "Board" thread for now.

"Tomb of Alet Chav"? "Chav"? Who is this "Chav" person that the last battle in the Jewel of Alet Zhav should be so named?

17. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

Frozen Grotto, the final battle in Beneath the Frozen Earth, also does not show defeated figurines.

Edit: Likewise with the final battle in the Throne of Stench

18. Ben_Lee

Thanks Sir Knight! This is a text bug (This thread is for errors in the graphics/functionality of the boards)

19. Ben_Lee

Fixed all the frozen earth markers in next release, thanks!

20. Sir Knight

At minimum, the last battle in Cliffs of the Wyverns (Eyrie Pinnacle) has no dead figure markers. I believe that I had indeed seen them in earlier battles, but I didn't check all of them.