[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@Flaxative - you forgot the most important part!

3. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Well my guild contribution is "up" to -204, and I'm finally over the 1400 mark for the first time in months. Maybe this whole "let's see if I can get back to 1500" thing has some legs after all!

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Go, Mel! You can do this!

CT5, ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  5. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

We believe in you!

CT5, ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  6. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Thanks guys! Working on developing some "secret tech." Actually it's stuff that everyone has known about for quite a while, I'm just finally getting around to trying it out!

If you ever see me in the lobby, feel free to hit me up for a casual match. I'll always listen to feedback on both my build and my play.

CT5, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  7. I like you just the way you are, neighbor.

8. Druidmask

Druidmask Mushroom Warrior

I was reading an article about how in some MMO the devs have created a separate "penal" server for all the trolls, mean people etc. Card Hunter will probably never come to that, but it would be pretty cool to see!

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I had a lot of fun testing with you Mel, wish I had more time for that, it's some of the most interesting stuff in CH imho.

10. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Back with some Quick Draw!

11. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

So here's my pattern. I build a team that I like, do well with it until I get into the 1400s. Then I start bouncing between high 13s and low 14s. I get frustrated, scrap the build, and try new things, which tends to drop my elo down to the 12s. Then I find a build that I like and the cycle repeats itself.

Part of my problem may be that I'm just not blood-thirsty enough. I don't like to play builds that are no fun to play AGAINST. So no Cult, no Nimbus, and no 3DC variants. If this keeps on though, I may just forget about building "friendly" teams and do something cut-throat. Winning is fun too, right?

Any advice? I may just have to admit to myself that I'm a 1300 player with 1800 items. And a 1200 deck-builder at best :p

Sir Veza, Robauke and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

2 aoa laser wrs + 1 smoke/ctrl wiz worked for me beyond 1500, all human.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Live your sig. Be brutal. Commiserate as you eviscerate if you care to, but raising your elo requires winning.
    Learn to enjoy it! You can't spell slaughter without laughter. :)

CT5, Farbs, Jarmo and 1 other person like this.
  14. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@Melancthon - I'd say that's a better cycle than mine, where I make a new team and then never / barely play it :p
    Also, some people will always enjoy playing against the maligned builds (of the three you mentioned, I would imagine some folks enjoy playing against Cult or 3DC)

Part of that is cause I have Quick Draw to distract me!

Pawndawan and Wocket like this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

i still love playing vs 3dc

CT5 likes this.
  16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey Sorcs! There will be an SRC-made map in Mauve Manticore 9. This is super cool! But we should really aim to be getting more maps into MM than we are right now. My dream is to have an SRC-made map in Mauve Manticore every month going forward. Of course this isn't going to happen solely because I'm the one picking the maps. You comrades need to actually create and submit amazing maps to the contest! Work together, design awesome challenges, and submit them here: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/mauve-manticore-submission-thread.4544/

CT5, Rainingrecon, Druidmask and 2 others like this.
  17. Druidmask

Is Mauve Manticore now accepting maps without scenarios? From the Submission Thread it seems like only scenario's (including the maps) were being accepted.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sorry, I used 'maps' as a shorthand for scenario in my previous post.

19. Druidmask

upload_2015-9-2_20-29-12.png
    Just stumbled upon this little beauty while playing some campaign.

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5, dashv520 and 5 others like this.
  20. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

A new month, a new member! Please welcome @Dracon Oktaves :D (also a much belated welcome to @Heljon, @Desertdare, and @DM furrybone)

As always, remember to have fun! Best way to win right there.

Druidmask, Pawndawan and Flaxative like this.