Ready to win some Beta Keys?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Megadestructo, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slightly

Slightly Kobold

Mine's not a story of great heroics or raucous humor, just my roleplaying moment I look back on most fondly out of my many years of play.

We were playing a RIFTS campaign and were about 10 weeks into it. Us PCs were a mercenary group doing a job for a mysterious client (aren't they all?) and as well as us we had a small convoy of vehicles to travel around in including some NPC assistants. The GM had originally included the NPCs to generally make things easier for us and take care of arbitrary tasks but we did a lot of roleplaying with them and they each developed personalities that grew on us and it had begun to feel like a family.

Returning from an 'away mission' back to our troupe one day we found that one of the drivers had stolen a 'package' we'd previously recovered for our client and fled with it. As betrayed as we felt, it wasn't a patch on what we felt when we discovered the body of Red, the technician Lizardwoman, outside the camp. When she spotted the driver slinking away and approached him he pulled a gun and fired, killing her. We'd grown fond of her, she was always helpful and a little naive; she was the little sister of the company. We, as players every bit as much as characters, were genuinely sad at this plot twist.

It was the end of the session but we all stayed an extra half hour that night to roleplay a proper burial for her. We each went around the table saying a few words for her, or reciting some impromptu anecdote about her. It was a truly beautiful moment and always makes me smile when I think back on it.

2. Renfield007

Renfield007 Kobold

Playing 7th Sea years again, lots of craziness had ensued through the campaign including my character a Montaigne Rebel/Knife-Fighter who has his fiancee seduced away by a half-brother he never knew he had, his father whom he never knew turned out to be one of the heads of the Villain's Society and ultimately learned he was destined to marry the daughter of Theus (Aka God). Tired and pissed off he faces down the last battle where demons have broken through the barriers between the worlds, his last act of defiance is to gran a net bag full of lit black-powder bombs and taunting the demon the size of a castle to pick him up and swallow him...the last anyone saw of him was the demon obliging him and he was falling into the demons maw screaming "Screw you Fate! I am my own Master!". Best RP Moment I have had...8)

3. Omar

Omar Kobold

This one time my friends and i were playing The walking dead board game (the one based on the comic), the game is about getting to three different locations before anyone else does and killing zombies along the way. Throughout the board there are items that you can land on that would help you out in the game, but to get the items you have to do challenges (kinda like small quest), they range from killing zombies or surviving a wave of zombies, but the best ones are when you have to pick another person to help you. So i would jump in and tell them they should pick me because i would help them out so they can get the items or extra stuff they need, and of course i would help them out the first time, but little did they know i was just being sneaky. I would gain their trust so that when i got the challenge they would help me out, but when they would get the same challenge i wouldn't help them out, and if they fail the challenge they would lose their items or their followers. But it didn't end there, when you moved throughout board you would have to place zombie tokens, so by the end of the game the whole board would be covered by zombie, and if you landed on one of them you would have to fight whatever the amount was, and it would range from 1-8, and if you didn't kill them you would have to take damage, But! one of the items was ammo and if you didn't to kill the amount you could use it, it was a extra dice that was black, no matter what you rolled you would always kill zombies, but if you rolled a "blam!" you would be surrounded by zombies. So whenever someone couldn't kill the zombies i would step in and persuade them to use it, i would tell them that it wouldn't happen to them and that what are the odds of them rolling "blam!", and that if they did get a blam! i would go wherever they are at and kill the zombies, so they trusted me, and they shouldn't have because if they did get blam! i wouldnt go and help them. i did whatever it took to win, even though in the end they would gang up on me and made sure i wouldnt win. so in the end good always wins :/ Another key thing is that my girlfriend would play with me and my friends, and every time i would try to convince someone to trust me she would step in and tell them not to, because she knew how sneaky i am in board games. but of course they never believe her.

4. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Out of all these amazing stories that made me grin and laugh and shake my head, Slightly's post really touched my heart. I hope it wins.

5. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

So I am obviously really dumb. Midnight Sydney time is 8 AM, as in THE MORNING, my time. So yeah, many more entries to go!

6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Just give us all beta keys and it's all good...

7. Korisi

Korisi Kobold

You're killing me smalls! :)

Megadestructo likes this.
  8. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Just for the record, we have over 10,000 beta key applicants. ;)

9. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

I just mean those that have posted in this topic. You know who really wants them...

10. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

My favorite moment was my first D&D session. It started out with mostly random talking and explaining things about the game for the first two hours. I then had two characters made, twin females with 18 charisma. One was a rogue and the other a wizard. My plan was to seduce just about everyone in the game to get items and gold. After an hour of playing we had fought our first small group of monsters and I was figuring out the game fairly well. I had also successfully seduced and robbed my first gentleman while having some good fun in his inn room after a nice meal. Things seemed to be going great until we focus on random quest given by the mysterious DM. For some reason we followed a bad guy into a room with a chest in the middle of a medium sized town only for the chest to blow up the building and the stone roof crushing my wizard to death. She was the only one to fail a reflex save which would have still put her into minus but saveable. I was still able to seduce the local priest into resurrecting her with true resurrection and a promise to pay him back via indentured book keeping at the library.

What I learned that day was that at level one you can't just let any DM throw things at you. Some of them have no idea what the hell they are doing. Pick your dungeon masters like you pick your game developers, with judgement based on their previous work and experience.

11. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Oh, everyone? :D

TheRev likes this.
  12. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Great 1/10.000 chance to get a key.... good for blue manchu bad for us

13. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

Oh looks like time is almost up. Good luck to everyone, hope to see ya in Beta!

Think of it this way.. you are 70 times more likely to win a beta key then to get struck by lightning.. So at least that's good news right? :p

Goliathxxx likes this.
  14. Sparrowsluck

Sparrowsluck Kobold

Bad for us in the short term, good for us in the long term. Sure it'll take longer to get into the beta but this much interest so early on probably means the game will be able to be around for longer.

I think it's worth waiting a potential extra month or two if means the game will be around for years to come.

15. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

We are so close yet so far

16. Hajeil Sounak

Hajeil Sounak Mushroom Warrior

One of the funniest I had was when I decided to roll a character that had an unusual, and life threatening, allergy to glass. I thought that it would be something funny and silly that would give everyone a laugh and never come into play. I soon found out how much of a D&D noob I was when upon entering a mausoleum the GM decide that a group of Stained Glass Golems should descend upon our party. Needles to say my character was was less than helpful that battle.

17. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Can your hear the drums ? :D

18. andrei180

andrei180 Kobold

I just want the key...:(

This is how i feel right now...

Also I hope everyone gets in.(especially me)
    [​IMG]

19. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Eric might still be in bed, someone go throw some water on him.

20. theSovereign

theSovereign Mushroom Warrior

We've come so far! LOCKTIME!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.