Aloyzo's Arsenal #1 Peer Feedback & Discussion

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

This thread is for getting feedback and discussing items submitted to Aloyzo's Arsenal #1: Custom Item Submissions! thread. Please repost and/or link your item here, if you'd like some feedback.

Please discuss / give feedback only about past Aloyzo's Arsenal #1: Custom Item Submissions here. I think we should keep things organized and start a new thread, once the next submission cycle (AA #2) is over.

You can get a link for specific forum post by clicking the timestamp at the bottom of the post:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this will further help people to design better items for the upcoming AA rounds and also scratch the "I-was-ignored" itch. :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Flaxative and Xayrn like this.
  2. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I feel this item is really the biggest one we should discuss, it's kinda hard to get a grip on it.

Pawndawan likes this.
  3. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

You found my 10 ft pole! And here I thought it was lost in the low tunnels of the Oozing Cavern for all eternity.

4. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

You need to keep better track of it! Everyone knows it's an adventurer's most valuable piece of gear!

Also, it's mine now, I found it, it's mine, adventurer's law.
    We're all basically murderous gypsies and/or Kender..

Go find yourself a new one elsewhere >:|

5. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

The term I've heard being used lately is "murderhobos". You murder stuff because you are a poor homeless hobo and then you grab everything you can carry (or more if bottomless bags and portable holes are involved). Adventurers are such a fine bunch! :p

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Let's try to keep on topic here guys. :)

While certainly funny, it doesn't contribute to the op's post in any meaningful way. I won't moderate at this time, just don't want to the thread to devolve further. Just keep that in mind for future posts.

7. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

This should be on topic.

Assume this is an actual item. What would y'all think?

Mail of the Immortal Magesmith
    Heavy Armor
    LV19 Epic (majortoken)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"See how it glints when struck? That is the mark of the Magesmith... No mortal armor can compare."

source: http://forums.cardhunter.com/thread...ustom-item-submissions.7747/page-2#post-94643

Sorry for seemingly self tooting, I'm just really curious on what people think regarding this heavy armor and heavy armors in general :D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Pawndawan likes this.
  8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I think I need battlefield training and wizards as teammates :D

I do like the presence of Enchanted Mail on a playable armor.

doog37 and Sentient_Toaster like this.
  9. Pawndawan

I like it, but as Flax said, the unprinted Empower makes the item problematic. Since it's Mail of the Immortal Magesmith, I think it's fitting as an Epic.

How about replacing Empower with one of the rare Harnesses? Would adding Chain Harness make it too "cheesy" (still level 21, I think)? I don't know. Leather Harness, Officer's Harness or Toughened Hide Strips should at least be ok substitutes for Empower.

Accent and Fifjunior7 like this.
  10. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Yeah, if the Empower card made an actual return and be playable for wizards at some point it would be Gold or something like that which would mess up your armor's level. If you want to keep to the theme of arcane-infused armor, maybe Arcane Curse as the third card? It's on boots already IIRC so it wouldn't be a huge leap to put it on armor.

Pawndawan likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Everybody note: while this is a good idea, and I encourage you all to participate, be aware that you should only discuss past submissions, and future submissions—not present submissions. If your item is currently submitted to an active Aloyzo's Arsenal contest, do not discuss it here. Wait till the contest is over. Thanks!

Pawndawan likes this.
  12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Here are my 2 coppers for all the items of the AA1 items, I will try to keep it brief(there are still a lot of submissions to discuss).
    I have decided to add links to the items for your convenience.

#1: It's a solid high mobility staff with unstable bolt making for a serious drawback(you can't use any other cards from this staff) which is a common which means everyone has access to it. I approve.
    #2: A solid tokenless boots with violent spin but it is an epic. I approve.
    #3: It is a bad weapon being (minortoken)(minortoken) unless you are playing with nimbus also. Battery explosion is not a player card, which I agree should stay that way. Also it being a divine weapon doesn't work as it has no assists. I disapprove.
    #4: It is a treasure and it is legendary. I disapprove.
    #5: Being a tokenless common it can be good for a priest who wants to stand back and heal but only having 1 attack is a little too little. I disapprove.
    #6: I like the theme but a staff having only 1 magic card seems too little, but it is a good tokenless staff. If it had 2 magic cards I would approve.
    #7: Though it does seem like a worthwhile war cry helm it has the problem of having a wizard exclusive card. I can't think of a way to make it approved by me without changing the counterspell to something not like it.
    #8: It would break the record of lowest level item with a level of -9 but it does beat out pain hat though. It is too focused on that curse I feel it is fine power wise though. I disapprove.
    #9: It would a good level 16.5 fire staff though being an epic with already enough of them fire staffs around, I don't feel it would add too much to the game. I approve.
    #10:It is a funny entry because it is a shield with everything that would discard blocks and no blocks in it. I don't really need to expand on why this suggestion is not legit. I disapprove.
    #11:It's a good Winds of War item and being a rare is good but nothing too interesting here. I approve.
    #12:I love the concept but Meltdown being a non-player card does deter the chances of it being a winner. I approve.
    #13:Anvil Strike is OP but at least you are not using the bronze traits that you could be using but seriously it is funny but not what I would expect from a martial skill. I disapprove though it was a funny idea.
    #14:My item so I will let someone else discuss it.
    #15:OP. 6x of a OP card. I don't think more should be said. I disapprove.
    #16:I feel it is fair but not very interesting it does have resistant hide armor and focuses on armor but not OP, I approve.
    #17:It adds a good (minortoken) costing auto-block shield. I approve.
    #18:It is a silly cycling legendary tokenless staff which is OP because it is focused on killing everyone in sight. I disapprove.
    #19:A fine item but not too interesting while also being an epic. I approve.

Part 2 posted.
    Part 3 posted.
    Part 4 posted.
    Part 5 posted.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Pawndawan likes this.
  13. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

Waaaaaaaahhhhh! Flaxative-senpai didn't notice me!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Level 17 [​IMG] Uncommon Divine Armor
    Ok, at first glance this looks like some ridiculous Level 24 monstrosity. For some reason however, Frenzy Aura is treated as Silver Quality on Priest items (which is consistent with all Priest items it is on), and Invigorating Touch is undervalued at a Silver (-).

So let's ask some questions...

1. Is this item a Divine Armor?
    A Divine Armor card generally consists of 1-2 Armor cards and the rest Holy or Unholy cards. All cards on this item can be found on other Divine Armor cards, with Invigorating Touch appearing on 3 such items and Frenzy Aura appearing on 4. Frenzy Aura is also the only Armor card on Jet Armor, so that is enough to qualify this as armor.

2. Does this item use cheesiness (i.e. undervalued Black Quality cards) in order to fit into a particular token slot?
    Well, there aren't any drawbacks on this card. All the cards on this item are probably undervalued on a Priest, but it's not like I'm suggesting Accelerate Time, Traveling Curse, Traveling Curse on an Arcane Item. If Invigorating Touch wasn't a Silver (-), I'd replace it with a Bronze Quality drain attack.

3. Does this card enable any new builds?
    Obviously this card is very strong in Vampire Priests. It would find a home in any kind of Priest that was damage based, so the types of Priests we see might become more varied. (Disclaimer: I have no idea what the meta is right now, as I am not currently playing ranked multiplayer because of reasons.) Smarter players than I may find additional uses for such an item. As an uncommon, this item would also be available in peasant.

4. Does this item use cards that should not be available at its token cost?
    Both Invigorating Touch and Frenzy Aura appear on tokenless Divine Armor items, so that's not an issue.

5. Is this combination of cards too powerful on an item?
    Currently, the maximum number of Frenzy Auras that a Priest can get is 1. (Dwarves can get an additional one.) This item would double that. Warriors have a double Frenzy Aura Heavy Armor in the Cuirass Of Froth.

6. Is this card thematic?
    Who doesn't love the concept of the vampire, fueled by lust for blood and a heart full of evil, throwing caution to the wind in order to assault his next target?

I'm interested in hearing what other people think of this item.

14. Accent

Accent Hydra

I see it as very powerful, probably a little too powerful. If we did give priests 2x Frenzy Aura, I'd say it should be with Sapping Spear or Consuming Spear. If you want to keep Invigorating Touch, I'd say that one of the Frenzy Auras should be replaced with something weaker, like Reliable Hide Armor or Thick Hide Armor.

Now, would I play it as is? Of course!

15. Pawndawan

Good reminder. That's why I named the thread AA #1 Peer Feedback & Discussion. I edited the original post to hopefully make it more clear, what should be discussed here.

5. Yes, I think it's too powerful for it's minor token cost.
    tl;dr It's too powerful compared to current items and "cheesy" as in, let's min/max and make absolutely the most powerful vampire armor for minor token. I think it would be too powerful even for a major token, since vampires don't have trouble fitting major token shield and armor in their arsenal.

It's like Most Dynamic Staff with 5x Surging Blast + 1x Short Spark (lvl 21, Uncommon)

Flaxative and Scarponi like this.
  16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Part 1 of the review is here
    Page 2 of entries:
    #1:This would be allowed in handicap quests but is just a wimpier version of Angry Attacker(Pun not planned but is appreciated). I disapprove.
    #2:A not very impressive martial skill but it does seem cool but it is a legendary being the first legendary of that slot. I disapprove.
    #3:A little underwhelming arcane skill but would make the first rare that includes Arcane Shell but still is not meant to be on arcane skill. I disapprove.
    #4:A good winds of war/gusts of war item which would have a low value having both of those bad cards but the combustible balances it nicely. I approve.
    #5:This would be allowed in handicap quests and is great since it has parry instead of a regular bronze boost trait at the cost of having a serious drawback named wimpy. I approve.
    #6:Submission failed to follow the rules(limit 1 submission per player). Invalid.
    #7:This item is a lot like cautious mobility but you are paying a (minortoken) to upgrade scouting run(a great card) to pathfinding(which is excellent in some decks). I approve.
    #8:This item is good but it is too good if you plan to play a vamp deck which doesn't use much magic making all 3 cards good. I disapprove.
    #9:It would be the first tokenless arcane item with force cone being a solid tokenless item which is rare though it is not a very exciting item. I approve.
    #10:This would be allowed in handicap quests and it replaces a bronze trait with a ouch but has a potent stab instead of a paper attack making for a good item. I approve.
    #11:It is a bit OP and is a legendary but it is a really cool idea. I disapprove.
    #12:Submission failed to follow the rules(max level 21(.5)). Invalid.
    #13:The idea is fun but the cards are too strong except for the counter synergy which makes it fair. I approve.
    #14:I would think the idea is cool except unblock isn't something you would expect on a floating shield. I can't think of a way to make it cool and approved with the current options.
    #15:It is a cool item but the arcane burst is a damaging card which is not what we want on arcane items. I disapprove.
    #16:The item looks fun to combo with but with an imbalanced non-player card on it I can't approve it. I disapprove.
    #17:Reminds me of Bejeweled but this is OP because it requires (majortoken)(minortoken) instead just because you downgraded a silver attack to blind rage but also get to upgrade another card in the weapon. I disapprove.
    #18:All the cards are good especially parry and you have it at the perfect level making it OP. I disapprove.
    #19:This item is OP because we have 2 excellent cards and 2 traveling curses which synergy with vamps and boosted heals which this item has 3 of, and also 1 fine synergy card. I disapprove.
    #20:This item has the worst level of 13.5 and doesn't have great synergy nor great cards to compensate. I disapprove.

Part 3 posted.
    Part 4 posted.
    Part 5 posted.

Pawndawan likes this.
  17. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

I knew Empower was going to be controversial. Despite this, I wanted to include it on this because it would really add variation amongst your usual smashy smashy warrior. With the addition of Mimetic Crown, warriors could utilize this even more. Yes, Empower is overpowered for its value, though I feel it wouldn't be much of an issue if it's a card that would be exclusive to warriors. ;) I've always wanted to see more cross class variation (think purging strike), and I figured this would be a great way to emphasize something already existing on warriors, which is magic attacks! Variation is key to a happy Cardhunter, and I just thought it would be interesting to have more options than the traditional smashy smash =)

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  18. Accent

Accent Hydra

If your armor were to make it into the game, we could have a QD warrior with Arcane Aura, Mimetic Crown, and Empower. Which would of course be hilarious.

19. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

ayy lmao

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Part 1 of the review is here.
    Page 3 of entries:
    #1:It is a cool and powerful item but not OP but it is a legendary epic. I approve.
    #2:A good focused card revealing item though there are some like it. I approve.
    #3:A very powerful item and it is a legendary. I disapprove.
    #4:This would be allowed in handicap quests but it is OP because of blind rage which draws a card and is paper. I disapprove.
    #5:A powerful item maybe too powerful because it is focused. I approve.
    #6:A powerful item but it only has 2 attacks on it. I disapprove.
    #7:This item is OP because all the cards in it are great, they synergise, and is the perfect level(13.0). I disapprove.
    #8:This item is OP because it has 2 amazing cards, the rest are good, and the item is the perfect level(13.0). Also the item doesn't have attacks. I disapprove.
    #9:This item has 2 non-player cards making up half of it and Rockfall is quite OP being a gold card which makes them only move 1 til they leave but also does 6 damage burst 2 which is the same as fireball including the burn. I disapprove.
    #10:Compare this to Bubble Helmet, basically you are downgrading cloth armor to dropped guard which can actually be a serious upgrade to reduce the token cost to a (minortoken). I disapprove.
    #11:This item has 2 non-player cards which aren't for this slot but does help balance wizards but this is a legendary. I disapprove.
    #12:If you can't afford the upgrade to Perfect Flexibility then this is what you want. I approve.
    #13:This item is similar and better then Emerald Circlet but nothing makes this item special. I approve.
    #14:Submission failed to follow the rules(limit 1 submission per player). Invalid.
    #15:This item has 2 non-player cards which are OP and the item is level 6 with synergetic cards. I disapprove.
    #16:If you are willing to lose fly on 4 nimble strikes on Vibrant Pain then you can pay a (majortoken)(minortoken) instead. I approve.
    #17:Frenzy Aura is good especially with a 3 rating discount which is also on a vamp priest. 2 of these and a invigorating touch making this the perfect level(17) makes this way too strong. I disapprove.
    #18:I love it because it is a strong weapon with laser whip, 2 even. The shifty stabs help a lot with getting in position with laser whip and the item ending at level 16.5 making it cost a (majortoken)(minortoken). I approve.
    #19:It is a cool item but not very strong. I approve.
    #20:Warriors aren't suppose to have any magic. I disapprove.

Part 4 posted.
    Part 5 posted.