Help us track this bug down - disappearing items

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I have noticed similar problems due to the co-op characters stored with a party. They can lead to strange apparent inventory disappearances. I haven't figured out the exact failure mechanism. There is some strange interaction happening with the stored co-op character and the rest of the party. This problem also shows up in the inverse. When you're playing co-op, the inventories of the rest of the (regular play) characters stored in the same party save slot don't count towards the item count roundel or the "New" star icon.

@DunDunDun, your checklist includes the item "Checking loadouts". Does this include checking the inventory of every character in the inactive/reserve list to the left of the brown party builder clipboard? Your missing items should be on one of them.

Also, was the blank loadout you switched to one with no co-op-characters in it? That is, with just one to three regular character portraits showing in the stored party list but the rightmost (co-op) character portrait blank? If it wasn't it might be no good for inventory checking as it could lead to the problems described above.

2. visak13

visak13 Ogre

So an item equipped with SP party cant be used by MP party? because I am missing Quinn's buckler x 2

Can u help me to locate it @Jon ? Please!
    I dont mind losing it but I would love to have it...

PS: sorry for tagging admin.

3. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Yeah, that's the weird thing, I checked it in every mode [eg, searched 'Dark' and 'Blazing' in multiplayer inventory].

As far as the loadouts, I made sure to check every darn one of my (nearly?) 30 characters, including the one being used for co-op [in the inactive roster];

I also first noticed the issues while running co-op, so I presumed I'd checked it well enough, never did any sort of re-checking [of inventory while in a co-op party].

I don't however have a loadout without a co-op character assigned, anymore, though, so that very well could be the origin of my issues.

I also don't technically have a blank loadout anymore, so I just went ahead and unloaded all my characters once :p

So yeah, if the co-op character inventory isn't matching properly to its character in the inactive tab, maybe that's at fault?

Doesn't explain why I can't search for the items in multiplayer though..

@Flaxative, @Jon Thanks a lot for checking on that! That one really is the biggie, since I enjoy my tokenless parties so much, so until I find some other regularly used item missing, I'm good :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

So you did find the items, DunDunDun? Where were they?

If you couldn't see them on an inactive character earlier, how could you find them on one now?

Maybe the answers to these questions would shed some additional light on the issue.

5. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

:confused: The server is down, how would I even check that? :p

No, just replying to what Jon and Flaxy said :)

Edit:
    Okay, yeah, it's showing up perfectly fine in both modes now;
    So I guess this IS the same 'temporary disappearance' bug others have been mentioning.

@Jon, @Flaxative Did you check on that Blazing Shortsword? I should have at least 2, since I bought a new one, and I still can't find the second one of that.
    But if that's just a random quirk specific to that one item, and the rest is all temporary, it's all definitely not as major a concern as I was worrying it would be :)

I'm glad for the multiplayer screen search, else I'd be worried I'd just somehow missed Drewg when searching in campaign;
    Luckily, a simple search is pretty hard for even me to bungle too badly :)

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You mean the server was down.
    Need someone to quote this too him(he has ignored me)

7. visak13

visak13 Ogre

timeracers likes this.
  8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Maybe the items are on the co-op character stored with the multiplayer party, but the character is not readily visible in the multiplayer Keep. They should be visible among the inactive characters, though.

I'm guessing you didn't check the inactive character loadouts while in the multiplayer keep. Searching the inventory does not reveal the items on inactive characters.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the actual failure mechanism is. This whole issue is extremely confusing.

I'm thinking it was not a good design idea to "hide" the co-op character among the normal mode characters. There should probably be a separate stored co-op character list.

It does add UI complexity, though. Maybe we need a third, Co-op, home page to complement the Single player and Multiplayer ones.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Don't ask for such things. If someone has ignored you, they don't want your advice even when it's good. It's rude and thoughtless to try to get around that. It's the same as trying to get around the bad word filter -- except worse.

Also, it might well be that quotes from ignored persons are not shown, anyway.

Flaxative and DunDunDun like this.
  10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Cool idea.

I can't say for certain that I was thorough about it, but I did search through them; And since I can find it now besides..

= Fairy gets drunk. **** gets broke. Confusion is had.
    :p

To be honest, I've hated the co-op structure since it came out, as it relates to character saving.
    It's a pain in the ass to have to tie co-op loadouts to campaign ones;
    In the end, all you really end up doing is making seperate loadouts for seperate co-op characters, and not using the single player characters associated with them;
    Likewise in reverse, the co-ops just clutter up your single player loadouts.

If Jon could figure out a way to clean that up, I'd definitely be in favor, it's quite not-fun right now :p

11. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Thanks! I'm glad you feel that way, also. :)
    I'm not really a fan of blocking people, and I don't really want to elaborate on the people I have blocked or the reasons why;
    But the attitude being shown here is definitely related to why I had to end up having to block the person in question in the first place.. :X

There's a point where taking a breath and letting things go is necessary, or all that ends up happening is that you agitate a situation into a worse one..
    ..and that can sometimes lead to people responding negatively.

I can confirm that they are not.

Which has quite confused me in the past, when someone quotes something well back in a convo [and that I couldn't even see the first time around], and comments a reply to it- it seems totally off-topic at first. :p

12. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Items can be used in both SP & MP by different characters. I was just commenting on where that specific item was.

I don't really have time to search for every potentially mislaid item in the game - sorry. I mainly just check when we think there might be an actual bug. There are probably some good suggestions in this thread about where you might look for it.

If you really think you are missing the item though, do let me know and we will look into it. You can always email support@cardhunter.com and let us know.

visak13 likes this.
  13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I believe the info is what he wants and if someone also thinks it is useful to him then they can quote me, but if no one thinks it is useful for him then don't quote me(he doesn't think my info is useful but someone might think it would be useful to him and want to tell him but most forumers would assume that he saw it and wouldn't think about the fact that I am ignored and therefor wouldn't repeat it making him not have info that would be assumed to be had by all in the discussion in the thread).

14. Jon

I don't have anyone on ignore anywhere. My big problem is that I have the forums to monitor, the Steam forums, the Kongregate forums, in-game chat, support emails, Facebook and Twitter. So I often don't catch alerts or mentions from people. If that's the case and you think I was ignoring you, I apologize. It's more to do with how much multi-tasking I have to do.

DunDunDun likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Just to clarify, Jon, I don't think anyone was claiming you have ignored them. We are talking about an issue between two forum users. One has forum ignored the other and the ignored one is trying to get around that (which is A Bad Thing).

16. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I appreciate that you did :X

But, I'll say this-
    Despite my cognizance issues, I didn't have any such confusions since I started playing in December, so it's definitely something related to the addition of co-op/the expansion; especially with other users seemingly having similar issues.

That it's seemingly persistently temporary [my one shortsword aside, perhaps] is definitely a good thing though.

I have timeracer ignored, pretty sure that was directed at me :X

Don't sweat it, we all know how hard you work on this game- for all our passing conflicts with one another, pretty sure all of us are united in having your back :)

Jon likes this.
  17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

LOL, no it is only DunDunDun who I know has ignored me(which I am still shocked to know since I am one of the most helpful forumers and in game also)

18. Jon

Got it.

Jarmo and DunDunDun like this.
  19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Did you see my second to most recent post yet?

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's his choice, not yours. Just let it go. It's quite OK if he misses out on some info because of the situation. It's NOT OK that you try to slip around his ignore. That is bullying, even when you think you're being helpful. Stop it.

Pengw1n and DunDunDun like this.