[Suggestion] Laser whip upgrade?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Soltis, Jul 16, 2015.

1. 14 max dmg 2 range atack? i buy it

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Would you buy it though? Have you tested items with laser whip out and can attest to it and their effectiveness?

The fact that it is emerald means the rest of the cards on the item are generally a sacrifice in quality. So you want a maximum return of value on the card.

With the prevalence of armor, especially cushioning armor, I'd take impaling stab over laser whip all day. Especially as it has no range limitation. AND it is only 5 less of the MAXIMUM damage of a laser whip.

It is a sad day, when double-edged sword, is still more powerful than a legendary Zoltans Laser Scourge ,and at one less gold token cost. Just my thoughts.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    DunDunDun and Obernoob like this.
  3. I got raped 2 times cause of laser whip... and thats too much for me

4. Of course impaling stab is a bit OP, thats why laser whip it's a bit OP too

5. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Ok, i feel neither impaling stab nor laser whip are OP.

Impaling stab feels balancd for a gold card. If we nerf it we might as well nerf potent stab.

Laser whip, at emerald, has a range 1 limitation, no penetrating, and random base damage range from 9 to 15.

Items with 2 laser whip demand two gold tokens and offer 4 weak-average attacks.

Beaides thise times when you roll big, weak all-round.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

If you remove the range limitation, it would be fine. I guess I would still prefer the Impaling Stab, but I love the penetrating. It is shocking how big the power difference between Impaling Stab and Potent Stab is.

You should not buy things because of the maximum. Then unreliable block would be great. :D The avarage case and the worst case have to go into the equation. And the worst case are 9 nonimpaling dmg and lava flooding around your feed. Or 9 dmg and you discard another whip. Or you dmg yourself. Or...
    The avarage case with 8+3,5 = 11,5 dmg is fine. In most cases the opponent has around 2 points of armor, so it is a little bit better than Impaling Stab. Btw. I would prefer Laser Thrust over Laser Whip. But Impaling Stab over both of them

7. My dwarf wizard was killed by 2 laser whips. Of course it is powerfull. Like a obliterating stab

8. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Well, if your dwarf wizard was killed by two of them once then I guess that clears everything up! :p Lets all go home ;)

Obernoob, thanks for clarifying, thats great. I'm partial to laser thrust over impaling stab myself...since it goes so well with elven maneuvers. Like peanut butter and avocado..

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  9. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

*far fetches it* what about a straight unblockable? :)

10. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Too easily exploited with all-out-attack combos.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

hadn't tought of that, the only laser whip I have are on the priest legendary, Darkforce Nunchaku, and priests except human ones do not have access to AoA.

12. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Ok Aloyso, here's my final offer :D

Give laser whip penetrating, but reduce its dmg by 1.

The means that at its worst, it's actually a slightly worse impaling stab (with random laser malfunction- yay!). At its best, it's an impaling stab on steroids. This to me feels like it still fits with the nice theme of a laser whip.

More importantly, given that there is:

a) Abundant armor in the meta of both the cushioning and reliable variety,

b) 4 weak attacks on the items that have multiple copies of laser whip, even legendary items;

Means that laser whip still needs help to be a respectable and functional emerald skill. This should not be the case. The only time I am happy running laser whip is combined with frenzy aura and/or aoa. And dont warriors need to be attacking, not waiting for combinations of sucb cards?

Please Aloyso hear my plea!! I beseech you, I will even help with testing over next two weeks, and buy the artifacts expansion!

Lets not let one of the coolest card ideas and flavor go to waste.

Lets give laser whip weapons a chance to compete with the bejewelled and double-edged to be rightfully up there as another powerful, flavor-full yetbakanced option for warriors.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Not Laser Whip warriors. They need to be standing on lava, surrounded by radioactive terrain, patiently waiting for their combo to arrive. Kind of like being at a fast food drive-thru.
    Of course, that's just my opinion. ;)

14. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Laser whip warriors? Never heard of 'em ;)

FrigusMacto and Sir Veza like this.