Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You can submit items multiple times but already made items can't win.

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

You might consider putting this in the op of the submission thread. Not everyone jumps over here to read, and the more players start to give the rationale behind their items, the more future submitters will feel they need to do the same. Just a thought.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Flaxative likes this.
  3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Most of the submissions are ridiculously powerful melee weapons with no hope of implementation, if you put them aside you are left mostly with niche themed items. Pretty sure they will go for something moderate with little impact, probably armor or this baby.

4. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I bet @Flaxative immediately dismissed a lot of items because they either a.) would just be overpowered in already-powerful builds or b.) use cards that are not present on that class/item combination.

People seem to be putting a lot of traits and I keep seeing the same cards over and over again, in different combinations.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There are a lot of hilarious submissions, but still my 'shortlist' is up to 18 submissions, which means there's a good number of quality submissions as well. @Scarponi good call. I've been using 0 penalty 'warnings' to ask people to remove their explanations. Probably going to close submissions soon; next submissions thread will have clearer rules about accompanying text.

visak13 likes this.
  6. visak13

visak13 Ogre

You can mark the shortlisted items as an example for other people...this will reduce the nonsense and redundancy.

EDIT: PROBABLY

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I intend to, I also intend to do a video discussing my favorite submissions & some common problems.

Fifjunior7, Haxzploid, CT5 and 7 others like this.
  8. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Looking forward to this, hopefully we can catch a glimpse of Aloyzo on the video too! :)

Christofff likes this.
  9. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Perhaps do something like uploading it to Facebook, if you can, since Youtube crashes older modems and I still haven't upgraded :p

And, y'know, the Facebook Page wouldn't hurt for more activity.. :p

visak13 and Pawndawan like this.
  10. Pathy

Pathy Orc Soldier

Oh man, that would be awesome to have an official "Rundown" of the items that made the cut and the ones that didn't and general tips and tricks for people trying to generate content for this game.

If you guys have the time, a little video explaining what makes a good Map Submission (for ranked MP or mauve manticore) would be awesome too.

visak13, Flaxative, Bandreus and 2 others like this.
  11. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

• Don't discuss submitted items. Use this thread to discuss the contest, not the contestants.
    My submission will be added shortly.

Edit:
    Unfortunatly until now I did not find the new cards.csv, so I am not sure, wether the Cooling Laser is AA, AA- or AA+. But with the guess on AA here is my item

Traveller from the North

He can survive where no one else can.

Dimension Traveller Dimension Traveller Cooling Laser
    C C AA
    3 3 12
    Uncommon Uncommon Rare

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(3 + 12 + 3) = lvl 18 Uncommon (majortoken)

Short explanation: First I thought 2 Dimension Traveller would be too powerfull and had a Chilling Rime as third card. But there are a lot of good cards paired with a double Dimension Traveller, like Gusts Of War or Force Cannon. So I think this one is a nice niche item, which may or may not enable a new archetyp.

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

AA+ so level 19 which is fine.

13. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

People should be more aware of the potential token cost of their items. That's a huge balance concern and it largely affects item usage. A 3 silver step attack item with minor drawbacks can potentially be overpowered if it costed a single minor token.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This thread is not for discussing submissions.

Bandreus likes this.
  15. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

But those submissions are so much fun, how can we not talk about them?
    Some are pretty terrible, though- Like this one.

xoxo

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I will be pretty interested to see whether the creation of new items will cause a wrinkle in the meta or devolve into fun and random things like cat statues, Danger items and gnomish farming implements.

PS: Brought Aloyzo some rather intricate clockwork squirrels and his favorite chocolate-covered cockroaches. He mumbled something about flying monkeys before I left and presumably got back to work. I really doubt my crazy ideas would impede the man from tinkering in his workshop.

PPS: I'm not under a bridge, I'm on a mountain with a slow PC. Playing card hunter is now a painfully slow process; if only you could get steam on android. Heck, if you could play it on a tablet at all I would be able to play Card Hunter all the time. If only we could get Aloyzo's Adobe-on-Android Absolver to work.

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

18. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Just noticed submissions have been closed. Once again, huge congrats to Aloyzo (and any blood-thirsty gnome which might have helped him out) for this new initiative.

Can't wait to see which crazy new item gets added to the game. Also looking forward to @Flaxative's video with feedback about the best/worst submissions and the contests as a whole.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Some things are worth reiterating. Quoting your comment was a convenient way to insert a reminder. Sorry about any confusion.

DunDunDun likes this.