Sundersong...

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Abbus, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

...please, make it just with 6 sundering strike (my mind loves symmetry and completeness, and when I'm deckbuilding, and try to put it into the deck, my mind screams every time for that horrible bludgeon... I just can't run it but I'd like to run it soooo much :D )

2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

3. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

ooops, sorry. :oops:

4. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

This is something I never understood either, possibly because I don't really understand the (+), (-) system, but this little thing has bugged me too, when I see Vibrant Pain having 6 of the same cards of a silver/rare combo and then Sundersong has it's last one replaced by a paper card, to me that would make it A Major/Minor item.

Edit: Although the more I look at other items, especially with multiple copies of Sundering Strike, the more I'm thinking the (+) (-) system has to do with it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  5. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Sundering Strike is a + card, meaning that in designing a weapon its value towards the determining weapon level and rarity is 7 compared to the usual 6. Thus a 6x Sundering Strike weapon would be 42 points making it a level 21 weapon.

Flaxative and doog37 like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sorry Abbus. ;P

7. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

what is a "+" card? :confused:

8. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

A + card is given a slight increase in value compared to cards of a similar quality.
    For example, Parry is a copper card with a value of 3. Penetrating Lunge is also a copper card and is a + card. So Penetrating Lunge has a value of 4. These values are what determine item level and therefore the amount of power tokens needed to play them.
    To extend the example, A 6x Parry weapon's level would be 9 (6x3=18, 18/2=9). A 6x Penetrating Lunge weapon's level would be 12 (6x4=24, 24/2=12). Both in this case would be (minortoken)(minortoken).
    Plus/minus cards are simply a balance across a similar quality level.

9. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

The card quality is more fine grained than simply the color of the title bar (Black, Paper, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Emerald, Amethyst). Currently card quality ranges from -3 to 15). Here's an example:
    1. Pulverizing Hack (Amethyst / AAA = 15)
    2. --- (Amethyst / AAA- = 14
    3. Staggering Blow (Emerald / AA+ = 13)
    4. Anvil Strike (Emerald / AA = 12)
    5. --- (Emerald / AA- = 11)
    6. Impaling Stab (Gold / A+ = 10)
    7. Mighty Hack (Gold / A = 9)
    8. Penetrating Stab (Gold / A- = 8)
    9. Sundering Strike (Silver / B+ = 7)
    10. Devastating Blow (Silver / B = 6)
    11. Puncturing Stab (Silver / B- = 5)
    12. Reaching Swing (Bronze / C+ = 4)
    13. Able Stab (Bronze / C = 3)
    14. Trained Bludgeon (Bronze / C- = 2)
    15. Able Bludgeon (Paper / D+ = 1)
    16. Bludgeon (Paper / D = 0)
    17. Sapping Spear (Paper / D- = -1)
    18. --- (Black / E+ = -2)
    19. Weak Strike (Black / E = -3)
    The thread "Smithy- Build your own Items" gives more info and links to the Cards.csv document that lists all the card properties, including quality.

Flaxative and Bandreus like this.
  10. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

ok... still think that should be 6x sundering strike! :p

11. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

12. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Some cards have different rating for different classes. Mighty Bludgeon is one of them. It's Gold / A / 9 on warriors but only Silver / B / 6 on priests. Thus as a divine weapon Healing Hand Mace is worth 2* 6 + 3* 6 + 1* 7 = 37, which is rounded down to lvl 18.

13. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Sorry for the thread necro, but I actually think this suggestion is good now that the item level cap is raised to 21. Sundering Strike is powerful tech now that Cushioning Armor exists, and that paper card is the only thing that's stopping this item from becoming truly relevant. I know this is an odd change, but it's worth considering.

visak13 and Xayrn like this.
  14. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Better yet, replace that Able Bludgeon with a Blind Rage to bring the item level down to 17 and the token cost down to (majortoken)(minortoken) with a useful cycling trait, and suddenly you have a very viable weapon without being in Citadel territory.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    visak13 and Juxtapostion like this.
  15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I think the times of ridiculously powerful weapons combining good attacks + cycling traits might be (almost) over.

Flaxative likes this.
  16. Accent

Accent Hydra

Crazy Sal was foaming at the mouth when he heard this.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

He should be happy; his halberd will remain unique!

Inkfingers likes this.