Servers Messed Up?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Stexe, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Seems like the servers are messed up, at least for me. Anyone else having issues?

2. Methyl

Methyl Kobold

Seems to be the case for me too

3. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

When I log in I get the Cardhunter spinning wheel of death

4. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Yup, getting this too.

5. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

6. Stexe

Okay, I sent a message off to Farbs. Let's hope they can do something.

7. richard edwards

richard edwards Mushroom Warrior

I just started playing a couple of days ago, but every time I sit down to play this ish happens. Beginning to lose faith.

Are their servers always this unstable?

8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Today is the first time in my 9 months of playing it has ever happened. And I've only ever encountered 3 or 4 quick server reboots as well, and that was while they were trying to get new hardware ironed out just after the Steam launch.

In other words, no, this game is usually absurdly stable.

If you're encountering issues 'every time' over the past few days, you're having unique problems and should post them in detail so we can help figure them out :)

9. richard edwards

These aren't unique, several posts about login issues all weekend. I started playing through steam, and the authentication servers have been going up and down. So, maybe that wasn't card hunter's issue, but now this is.

10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Yes, that's a known steam-specific login/authentication bug. You specified server instability, which that is not. :)

Keep in mind if you add a password to your account, you can log in through kongregate or cardhunter.com at any points Steam is causing you issues =O

11. dlamica

dlamica Kobold

yea its server is down. frist time happen to me.

12. 3beaner

3beaner Guild Leader

Things were fine when I first logged in, entered league and played 1 game. But then I sat in league queue for 8 minutes and chat filled up with everyone saying queues weren't working. Now I just get spinning wheel of death when I try logging in.

13. richard edwards

End result is the same, I can't play. Still haven't figured out how to create a password, emailed them 3 times.

14. Stexe

Besides the first day or two on Steam, this is the first time I've noticed major server troubles in forever. Their main people are located in Australia where it is almost 4 AM... I sent a text to Farbs so hopefully he will wake up and get it, but we'll see.

15. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

The devs will never ignore an email. If they haven't replied in a while, it's likely there was some kind of issue, and you should try a different e-mail provider or post on the bugs forum or poke them through forum private messaging.

As far as setting a password, that's easy enough if you get the game to load, just click on the menu and go to options and set a password.

16. dlamica

dlamica Kobold

I though this server was out in california or something like that. I just ran a server checker and says that they are 4 hours behind me and i am on the est time zone.

17. richard edwards

Servers down for 30 minutes and no post from devs... awesome.

18. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Please don't troll.
    Stexe has already explained the circumstances in question to you, and unless you're expecting the devs to be psychic, there's no way they'd know they'd need to wake up at 4AM to check on the game.

19. richard edwards

I have friends who work on servers, they have alarms attached to their phones.

20. Questor

Questor Ogre

I bet those friends don´t work for a Two and a Half Men operation.
    Just relax and watch a movie, take a walk, have a wank, enjoy a bath, talk to friends and family or just go to bed but don´t stress yourself because a game isn´t working for a while.

Mr. Magnifico, Stexe, Stage and 6 others like this.