Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Or submit a similar item

Stexe likes this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Or submit the same thing to increase the odds?! Or submit the same thing with a minor change at least if duplicates aren't allowed. :-P

EDIT: Ninja'd =(

timeracers likes this.
  3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Oh and by the way, is it true that the real reason the devs came up with Aloyzo's Arsenal is to make it sure @Sir Veza never actually hits 100% collection? ;)

Slayer696, visak13, Merdis and 9 others like this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Devs? Came up?

Dear sir, we are merely announcing Aloyzo's services. I guarantee you he is acting independent of any wishes of ours.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

:D

Well @Qivril hit 100% before EttSC, @Sir Veza was darn close but I don't think he made it, and I was right on his heals. Now that the expansion has hit I have no idea who's closest at the moment. (My current count is I'm 11 legendaries away; think I can get them before Aloyzo does his thing?)

Pawndawan, Stexe and Bandreus like this.
  6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Just vote for (un)common items. ;) Unless it's your own design.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Vote? VOTE??

8. Pawndawan

I chose my words poorly it seems. What I meant by voting, is showing support by liking the submission.
    On the other hand, what Flaxative's (or any other's for that matter) likes or dislikes matter? Or are you culling the submissions before passing the best for Aloyzo to consider?

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think Aloyzo's been posting on my account, that rascal.

10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Well, as far as voting liking is concerned, the lead is held by two pure card-cycling items (which Flax has already condemned as the source of much madness and grief)... and the bestest best item evar. @Aloyzo, my visage is available for modelling as soon as your golems have finished retrieving the finest enchanted amethyst.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Stexe and Pawndawan like this.
  11. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I'm loving this event so far, just because it highlights how creative our community is :D

Meh.
    I'll create based on theme and nothing else- ie, on the concept of 'what would I like to see in game', rather than the concept of 'what would I like to not farm out'.

If that means I get a legendary, cool dice, but if it means I get a common, I'm not going to be concerned-
    Because now there's a nifty cool new item floating around, and it'll be in a lot of people's hands, so I'll be getting regular feedback on it, which in turn can help me improve my own perceptions on item values and play approaches, and thus possibly improve how I play the game.
    And that seems far more valuable to me :)

PS: There's no wrong rarity, to thwomp a gnome.

Whoa, I thought I'd dug out all the cool unusual cards in the wiki.
    That one is a super awesome tactical [read: trolling] card that I'd love to see on an item, and it seems suitably balanced for play [other than that range, which seems like it could super-easily lead to pvp VP abuse].

Did I mention I'd love to see that on an item? :D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  12. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

If anyone needs some help making items, I just made an Excel spreadsheet that should make the process a lot easier. Check it out in this thread.

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think I've said I'd really like submissions to speak for themselves. I'd much prefer if folks didn't talk about submitted items at all in this thread, but especially don't talk about your own thanks :)

If you want to talk prospective items, use the Smithy to get feedback on your ideas before submission.

Once submitted, though, 'twould really be best if the items weren't discussed until after Aloyzo's made his decision.

(All this chatter really distracts him, you see ;) )

@Vakaz ::: SWEET. Will link from contest thread.

Bandreus and Vakaz like this.
  14. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Ah, ah. I actually edited my post to include that comment, because of noticing Neoncat's :X You know how I am with patterns. I'll fix it, sorry.
    Gods, another thread I missed? I'll look, I'll look..

Edit: Oh, that one. Didn't reassociate it with the new event, ha. Thanks :)

15. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

Can we edit our post to switch our submission or are we locked in?

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Wow. After all this time, NOW Aloyzo is going to start making new items? I've been bugging him with ideas for years.

DunDunDun likes this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Maybe best if you delete your post and post something else, just so Aloyzo sees a new post happen. Aloyzo might not see an edit.

He takes offense at your tone and shuts down his workshop.

18. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Oh man, I hear the market for torches and pitchforks suddenly started booming..
    Hey, speaking of, can anyone point us to where @Jade303 might be hiding?

19. Pawndawan

Don't trolls live under the bridge?

DunDunDun, Juxtapostion and Stexe like this.
  20. VDZ

VDZ Kobold

Since apparently only one item is chosen every month, is there any chance for items that didn't 'win' to appear in the game in the future? I'd imagine my item would be a disappointing pick for most players since it's not a spectacularly powerful high-level card, but it's a niche I'd like to see filled.