Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Level 9 (minor), common

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We won't change item value/rarity for the purposes of Aloyzo's Arsenal so please do not expect your submissions to spark card rebalancing. One of the reasons I strongly suggest you stick to cards that are currently on items is that a lot of the cards not on items aren't balanced.

This is answered in the submission thread... but yes and yes, assuming the old idea meets any requirements in future months. (If you submit a legendary this month, and next month the restriction is 'common only,' you shouldn't resubmit the legendary.)

I didn't say you can't make up your own cards... though that should go without saying. No new cards, no changed cards, and if you want your submission to be selected you should probably play it safe and stick to cards that players have access to currently.

DunDunDun likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

May I suggest you use the Smithy to discuss potential items?

Pawndawan, timeracers and Bandreus like this.
  4. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

5. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

I think you show a want of ambition. Why not this?

Magic Using Unit's Robes of Flagrant Cheating
    Robes

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ParodyKnaveBob, Xayrn, PDXTai and 6 others like this.
  6. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Ahh good ol' Cardotron!

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh! Another thing to keep in mind. Right now, we have a vendetta against cycling. So, the fewer traits on your submission, the more likely I am to like it! (This does not apply to skill items.)

Kerensky likes this.
  8. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Whoops.

9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Now, as far as balance goes, that would be one of the best pieces of news in quite a while :)

I'm also assuming you're using the term "traits" in its broader meaning, i.e. including handicaps with the "trait" keyword?

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

They are traits, I'm not sure how else to interpret "fewer traits."

Flaxative and Bandreus like this.
  11. Am I to guess that some cards are off limits (other than cards that do not fit in with an adventurers typical fare) like Bungled Heal?

12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I know they are, ofc. But most people would use the term "trait" to refer to the beneficial ones only (or, possibly, also to the semi-beneficial ones like Blind Rage). Interestingly enough, hardly anybody seem to be aware of the "boost" keyword. Or, at the very least, the very rarely use it when talking about non-handicap traits.

So, in essence, since I could easily see somebody else posting the very same question, why not ask myself while I was at it? ;)

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If it's not an item right now, it's a risky bet.

(Can someone help me be clearer about this? I think I've had to repeat myself about 5 times.)

Juxtapostion likes this.
  14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

That card doesn't exist anymore.

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Do not repeat yourself. Quote yourself

16. My mistake. I was ignorant of the rules and didn't bother to read the first page.

Christofff likes this.
  17. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Huh... interesting idea, not sure about the execution exactly. Really hope we don't see some competitive level items come out of this. What rarity would the item be? Would it be based on the cards included by the formula or manually set?

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Rarity would be based on the formulae, most likely. Never really know what Alozyo's up to.

19. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Gah, looks like the two I had on the top of my head have already been submitted (or close to the same): stepping staff (for Elf Wizards) and handicap martial traits (for quests).

Now I'll actually have to put some thought into it... ><

Pawndawan and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Or, don't submit anything, in order to increase the chances one of those gets selected ;D

Bandreus and BlackVoidDeath like this.