Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Overmaster

Overmaster Kobold

What about Level 9 Legendary elf Evasion? Or a Heartripper?

2. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Heartripper is very powerful if used correctly. One of the few items I'd advise purchasing even if you don't plan on using it in the immediate future

Pawndawan and Accent like this.
  3. Overmaster

Overmaster Kobold

Hahaha, time to pursue building something like this. The only problem is finding a critical mass of Radcannons...

Going to skip on the Heartripper for the time being. I'm probably going to have to drop a thousand pizza on getting radcannons anyways.

4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

There are way too many better skills for elves. Therefore I sold my 2 evasions, that I've managed to find. I've still kept my 2 Perilous Agility though...

5. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Pawndawan likes this.
  6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Wow congrats, Randimar really prepared a great treat for you this week ;)

Juxtapostion likes this.
  7. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Again, my Randimar's is offering me items for frenzy warriors and Burrft. No... I won't succumb to those builds! :p

I brought Vibrant Pain last week because so many people recommended it, and it's quite nice to experiment with it too (I've had fun with it).

So here are the items of interest:

Axe Of The Titans (interesting offer... not enough damage for 2 major tokens, though)
    Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion (people call this a must-buy/instabuy)
    Darkblood Glaive (already have one, and I don't really like it... I passed up the opportunity to get a second Skull Of Savage Iljin some time ago)
    Korenchkin's Tactical Tunic (one of the most interesting items from the patch because it offers everything you want on a wiz, but is it worth spending a major token on robes?)
    Perfect Stoutness (interesting and unique but unreliable)
    Robes Of Foz (interesting)
    St. Xarol's Mace (this item was mentioned somewhere... I don't think it's worth it)

8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Axe of the Titans can be heaps of fun, but you need to build heavily around it.

The medallion is great value given the token cost. I find myself using it a lot.

Skip Darkblood if you couldn't care less about burfft and other ballistics-style builds. It's a great item otherwise, just a tad niche-y.

The Tunic: I do not know. Adaptable looks great and all, but I think it's too unreliable as long as MP goes. It might be useful in SP though. Wouldn't purchase anyway, but then probably it's only me.

The remaining items are all nice, though not really to the point I would spend 2.5k for any of them.

9. uaChakra

uaChakra Kobold

10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

The item has too many random cards, Inspiring Presence are the key cards but the other 4 are almost useless and too weak to make a build around it. I would not recommend this item unless you have a specific build which works well with it. (eg. an Elf Priest with 2 Burst/Volcano mages)

11. uaChakra

uaChakra Kobold

My main party is 2 dwarf wizard + Elf Priest. Than maybe i should wait for better items?

12. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Inspiring Presence works best when your priest is in the back and out of enemy range. With a wizard party the priest usually becomes the tank, though an elf priest is pretty squishy too so maybe you've got lots of control cards? It all depends on how you usually end up positioning your characters and how well you can keep your opponent off your back. Knife of St. Blenko is good and it does see play but it isn't one of the chase items.

13. uaChakra

uaChakra Kobold

I play around 1 week and i still dont have much cards , and i dont know about different builds that is why i want advice is it worth to buy or better wait.

14. Zombah

Zombah Kobold

15. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I think the only priest that would want it is a vamp but with only 3 vamp attacks it's a bit sketchy. Other than vamps, there aren't really any priests that have enough attacks to want to maneuver into stab range so Laser Whips are too restrictive to use as a surprise counterattack. I would just stick with the less flashy but always reliable Healing Hand Mace.

16. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

I would say yes. Imo it is one of the EttSC items that is most exciting. If I ever get the chance I will run 2 on vamp priest.

Flaxative likes this.
  17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I have a Darkforce Nunchaku but haven't tested it yet. I think it would be quite great on a vamp. Cantrip-move behind an enemy into Laser Whip would make for a quite a nice surprise/finishing blow. Not as effective as a Powerful Bludgeon, on average, but a tad more versatile cause of the 2-range. YMMV

Will be sure to report back if I get the chance to try this weapon out in the next few days (though don't count on it, I'm very short on time these days).

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

Wow, I've somehow missed it in my review!
    I wouldn't buy the Nunchaku, since the price is too high for a vampire priest. The advantage of vampire priest is a wide array of cheap or even tokenless items at his disposal. For instance, Hand Of Melvelous provide you the same vampiric attacks for free. Would you pay (majortoken)(majortoken) for two Laser Whips and Greater Heal? I wouldn't. The Laser Whips require a lot of movement, and most cards typical for vampire priests have no movement at all. The Laser Whips aren't vampiric.
    Honestly, even if you have two yellow tokens to spare, can the Nunchaku compete with Healing Hand Mace? In the new metagame you may even have to use Gauixl's Sacred Maquah to defeat enemy armor.

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Vamps have fewer problems with major tokens precisely because all the good vamp divine items aside from Glasod's Dark Skull are tokenless. You 'll probably never want 2 Darkforce Nunchaku since Focused Healer is a near auto-include but the first one shouldn't be discounted because of token cost.

Juxtapostion likes this.
  20. Ector

Ector Hydra

OK, I've rated the Nuchaku 5?/4, since you can really find a way to get a lot of moves for it. That doesn't mean I'd buy it, of course, but feel free to buy it if you have the money. Everybody likes the shiny new things :)