Introducting - Megadestructo!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

I picked up Mice & Mystics awhile back but I think my friends are wary after I tried pushing Mouse Guard on them...

As for Discworld, my first internet "handle" was Rincewind :)

Zalminen likes this.
  2. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Yup, even travelled to the UK for the Discworld Convention with my wife once.

Plus I'm a brony as well :)

3. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

**brohoof**

Zalminen likes this.
  4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I'm into a lot of boardgames, pretty partial to FFG's catalogue atm. Favourites include Twilight Imperium, Game of Thrones, Arkham Horror but still play my 1st swedish edition of Talisman from time to time. Hard to buy remakes of games you used to love as a kid...

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Missed out on all boardgames with rules longer then four paragraps as a child

6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Yeah, I didn't discover *real* board games until someone introduced me to Settlers way back when.

7. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

8. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Thanks everyone! Sorry for the lack of activity (on my part) this weekend. Was taking part in the Global Game Jam and, well, I'm exhausted! Back to full speed in a few hours!

9. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Welcome back! :)

10. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Welcome back ! Where are our keys ?

11. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

That is, 100%, a legitimate reason for being absent. :D

I'm a little jealous, my weekend consisted of a Statistics project (with intermittent CH forum breaks).

12. theSovereign

theSovereign Mushroom Warrior

As it appears to me, the wave of contest entries is more or less over. We want a verdict, now! :D

13. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

A verdict, a verdict!!

14. pofruin

pofruin Kobold

Welcome.
    Hmmm boardgames? Have anyone here tried Thunderstone?

15. MrMojoRisin

I've played it on Facebook. Great game and really succeeded in adding the integration of theme to the deckbuilder genre, which had been largely lacking it before TS came out. Now there are a ton of them (DBG's) with decent integration of theme, but TS was the first, imo, that showed that it could be done.

16. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Rules is rules, even if I set them ;)

17. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

Me and my roleplaying buddies played quite a lot of thunderstone, the maingame and all its expansions. It's very fun, i would describe it as a more action-oriented Dominion :D

18. MrMojoRisin

Rules can be broken, and beta keys can be disbursed. Now get with the breaking and the disbursing!

Or not...

Megadestructo likes this.
  19. theSovereign

theSovereign Mushroom Warrior

Question to you: Can a god make a rule he himself can not break? ;)

Megadestructo likes this.
  20. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

This guy gets it! I'm going to come up with more entertaining ways to distribute keys in addition to giving them out to the beta sign-up lists so there're going to be oh-so-many opportunities!

Zalminen likes this.