Multiplayer mode question

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by MrMojoRisin, Jan 28, 2013.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

When sitting in the lobby waiting for someone to come in so I could hopefully get into a mp game (lo and behold it was Jon himself who waltzed in and I actually got to play against him, where I lost quite soundly, lol), I was thinking about a feature that would be quite awesome to have in this game, and that is the ability to play "multiplayer" skirmish matches against an AI, so you can practice with your deck in a mp style match without the embarressment of losing your ass in a real fight as you figure out the best ways to play your deck.

Is that going to be a thing in this game? And sorry if this has already been asked or otherwise addressed.

IshidaTsuki and Scyrax like this.
  2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

The Gladiatorial areas are pretty much in the style of the MP matches, I think.

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

That's pretty cool, then. But I still think an actual AI skirmish mode (accessed as an option from the multiplayer menu) would be awesome as well. Primarily because, as a regular adventure, you will only be able to do it once a day, and I would like to be able to practice for MP whenever and however frequently I want. I actually think this is a very important feature to make MP as cool as it can be.

skip_intro likes this.
  4. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

Perhaps even 20% cooler.

Zalminen likes this.
  5. elchino

elchino Kobold

Or, can you do something where we can play a miniflash game? Like how on youtube you can play snake? ;)

6. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

So basically a 'practice' mode in MP? That actually sounds plausible if they use the 'starter decks' for the AI.

Although personally, I wanna see these sort of multiplayer mode:
    -Raid - Take 6-12 adventurers and some epic battles (like raiding a big castle or joining a warfront), each player get 1 turn before the enemy take 2.
    -PUG - Everyone bring in one guy, try to clear a mission this way.

On the PvP side of things:
    -Maze - take 9 tiles of connected maps, drop players (ideally, up to 4 random groups should be ok) randomly (but still together) in there and have a sort of global debuff blocking their sight range, enjoy the ensuing chaos as people scout around and try to get each other. Hidden enemies is fine.
    -Reverse party - You make a party for the opponent (time to shove all those low level/drawback cards onto your guy) Should make for a pretty long match.