Custom Scenario Editor Tutorial

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Kalin, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Large and small portraits are stored locally, but the master monster database isn't, and it's not always obvious which image goes with each monster.
    smallports.png

Maniafig likes this.
  2. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Here are the small portraits for every creature in the game (and apparently also a bunch that aren't). There are also large portraits, but not every creature has one and the small ones are probably more suitable for a giant list anyway (45x45 vs 162x207).

Attached Files:

Scarponi likes this.
  3. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

But what's the ordering of the cards??

4. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Whatever the game says it is. Most are at least grouped into sets of similar cards:
    chef.png
    Others however, are seemingly random:
    idris.png

WhiteSorcerer likes this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Got it, thanks for the reply, figured it was worth asking.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Thanks, I think I might be able to work with that!

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Other than not repeating an image for additionally numbered groups, here is an image directory that corresponds to the current monster list in the Scenario Editor.

Monster Directory.jpg

tolkien, Vlamona, Sir Veza and 12 others like this.
  8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

That will prove very useful to me, when selecting the characters, Thanks!

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Would be awesome if the wiki monsters could get updated somehow :)

And yeah I should probably remove the credits from the editor ... that was sloppy of me :p

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I've scheduled monsters and advs update for the wiki roughly a month from expansion release, ditto for AotA. This is in keeping with wiki policy plus I have to redo pages with heavy queries (monster reference sheet). Is there a burning reason (eg: contests/events) that necessitates an earlier update ?

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not at all, I wasn't aware of the schedule. Thanks as always for your amazing work Phaselock!

12. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Is it possible to make a mauve manticore scenario were you decide what cards your charactes have?

13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Unfortunately no, we are generally stuck with pre-made decks. If your scenario requires certain cards to work properly then you'll have to search for characters with those cards.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  14. BlackVoidDeath

Or if you think you have a very good scenario idea/have lots of positive feedback then PM Flax and he might edit a deck to have the specific cards (and maybe even create a new card if you have to).

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You can always ask, but I haven't said yes to anyone yet, so... don't get your hopes up! :)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How about giving us access to the league and CoC decks?

17. BlackVoidDeath

Or create a thing alongside the custom scenario creator which lets us select what cards are in a deck and what the health/costume of a character is and save it to our hard drive and then be able to import that(/those) character(s) instead of selecting it(/them).

Pokemaster131 and Vlamona like this.
  18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It would be simpler to let us use saved SP parties. That would also provide an incentive to buy more figures.

Potato Priest likes this.
  19. BlackVoidDeath

No, my suggestion included the creation of new monsters - because characters we can use the preset MP AI characters. If we mix and match, we are sure to find the approx. correct character that we need.
    And because we cant create monsters characters, we cant create monsters for custom scenarios if we follow your method.
    (Sorry that you misinterpreted my poorly written idea)

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

My suggestion was a compromise that that allows designers to have some control over the decks, but wouldn't require a lot of work creating a whole new interface for making monster decks (there's currently over 700 different cards in the game). Instead, we can just use the already existing interface for selecting saved parties, and the only implementation issue would be changing the .scn format to include the saved party info.