Smithy- Build your own Items

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Juxtapostion, May 21, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Suggestion to devs:

Pain Hat: Rusty Armor -> Thickened Mail
    LVL: -3 -> 0
    Rarity: Common -> Common

Misanthrope's Pearl: Curse of Fragility -> Mind Worm
    LVL: -3 -> 0
    Rarity: Uncommon -> Rare

Arcane Crown: Force Bolt -> Force Blast
    LVL: -3 -> 1
    Rarity: Uncommon -> Common

Perplexing Mirror: Force Bolt -> Force Blast, Zap -> Small Zap
    LVL: -2 -> 1

Pewter Pendant: Ember Spray -> Magma Spray
    LVL: -1 -> 1
    Rarity: Common -> Uncommon

Oaf's Armor: Mail -> Hardy Mail
    LVL: -1 -> 1

Rarity: Uncommon -> Common

Combusting Wand: Ember Spray -> Burning Fingers
    LVL -1 -> 1

Rarity: Common -> Uncommon

Beginner's Staff: Little Zap -> Powerful Spark
    LVL -1 -> 1

Don't forget you can override the rarity change. Who else is going to notice anyway?

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

There are bad items for a reason. Got to have some bottom of the barrel items to a) be picked up early on the first time through the campaign, and to b) make other pretty mediocre-bad items seem okay the first time through the campaign. Or put another way having items of level "-3" creates a wider spectrum of items for the feel of a greater item power progression.

Juxtapostion, Accent and Pawndawan like this.
  3. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Hm. An actual in-game customizable Legendary Weapon (usable by any class, but you only have one of it) would be kind of fun.

Rather than a full crafting system, which would detract from the game's item collecting, this single weapon could be customizable by found 'runes' (slottable cards)- and you can only have a single of each card (eg, 1x Subtle Parry) (and not all cards will be available in the crafting system, including cards that are uniquely specific to a single class (eg, Nimbus)), so the majority of items in the game you won't be able to replicate.

Moreover, make a single slot in the weapon unique and allow it to slot special Legendary Weapon-exclusive cards, and you could have a uniquely customized weapon.

Just.. saying, that'd be awesome. :)

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Level 14[​IMG]
    Robes
    Epic

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Level 6
    Robes
    Epic

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  5. Punf

Punf Lizardman Priest

Confirmed EttSC item:

Laser of Charging
    Level 9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maniafig and Flaxative like this.
  6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I know this is an old post but I felt I needed to point out there is no dairy in a legendary.

7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I know it is fun to get gold cards on lower level items, but Enchanted Harness being a D on robes is just silly.
    A Hardy Mail, which is what Enchanted is by itself is a C.

8. doog37

doog37 Hydra

If I could get this item I would exclusively play vamps since 3 C = Uncommon item if my math is correct. I would have as much card cycling as possible and games would never end since I doubt I would be the only one.

9. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I thought BM should consider letting people use 1 custom item per character or 1 per player. There would need to be some cost to this, either in game such as it has a higher than otherwise token cost, e.g. every item is 1 token higher in cost otherwise 3-piece items would be 1B for tokenless or 1Y for ones that would be 1B and for 6-piece everything would be 1 step up (0- 1B, 1B-2B, 2B-1B1Y, 1B1Y-2Y) so you couldn't create level 18 equivalent items or a cost in real life e.g. 150 pizza for 1 custom item or 300 for a 3-pack to be created, or both. Crafting would be limited to items at or below current reknown.

I know this could create a pay-to-win model (especially if only a pizza cost) for MP which so far has been mostly avoided, but I could see this being either a) for SP only or b) only usable in special tournaments or c) have check box for matching no custom items used and then it would not a pay-to-win to rise up the MP ladder. But I think there are sooooooooo many people who would line up for this and the only frustration would be having to commit to the the item or risk having to buy more item crafting. I think in the hands of this community it could raise competition to a whole new level AND would add so much variety (potentially) to builds since builds that would be limited or impossible might be possible.

I expect BM would rake in cash with this and to be honest I am surprised they haven't moved on something like this. Still a truly free to play game, no P2W if executed as outlined and a reason to come back and try something new. I obviously would favor the cost to craft model, with no penalties to token cost, but I think this would be the most unique thing about CH in terms of a CCG. The use of items instead of cards allows for a limited customization that would that is appealing in a truly unique way. There are still limits since it would have to be from existing cards and there would need to be some additional rules, e.g. only 1 resistant hide per item, and limits on which cards can be on which items types, but I think it could be done.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Someone would play gusts of war and ruin your day. ;)

11. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Really not a single comment or like... BOOOOOO
    I did forget to say I would expect that you would need to scrap items for "spare parts" and that you could only extract 1 card from an item and it was then destroyed.

12. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

BOOOOOOOOOO....

Just kidding, it is an interesting idea. Here is what want to know

WHERE IS MY BEJEWELED LASER SWORD!!!!

upload_2015-7-17_9-56-15.png upload_2015-7-17_9-56-15.png upload_2015-7-17_9-57-7.png upload_2015-7-17_9-57-7.png upload_2015-7-17_9-57-7.png upload_2015-7-17_9-57-7.png

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Now that you are asking for opinions, my opinion is BOOOOO.

15. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

OH! So it will be in the next expansion! I can't wait!

Accent likes this.
  16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

No, the next expansion will not be sci-fi, so no more lasers. Sorry.
    How about a Bejeweled Zi Wu Xian?

Juxtapostion and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  17. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

That'd be awesome.

18. doog37

doog37 Hydra

How about a two-handed strike attacks or a 2-handed trait... would still count as either bashing or slashing damage, but extra damaging attacks but if used the character would not be able to use blocks for the rest of the round.

19. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

"If you have not used blocks this round, discard all blocks. For each block discarded, increase the damage of this attack by 3."

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Level 20[​IMG]
    Heavy Armor
    Legendary

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015