Tier of New Cards

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Janet, Jul 13, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Tried Hypnotic Beacon once. Moved my opponent three squares in the direct I did not want them to move, and lost the game because of it.

I'll pass.

Janet likes this.
  2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Can happen. But it denies more often their moves than it does not. I lost a match when I had lethal dgm on every warrior and everybody has run in a wrong direction. Even having another move is not enough then.

3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

4. Pathy

Pathy Orc Soldier

Most of the Warpers will see high level play and look to be the next "must have" items for Wizards (esp. Fire Wizards).

Chain Cutter seems like the next Bejewelled Short.

5. thorkell

thorkell Kobold

In my opinion, Cooling Laser is also a Tier 1 card. It's not as unstable as Arcane Auras, and you can easily make your oponent crawl.
    Been playing a of Frost + Control with a Buff Priest and it quickly got me to the 1500s.

gulo gulo likes this.
  6. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

I would agree, the card alone is excellent, but, you can only get 4 in your deck and the only cold spell you can get in an arcane item is Cone Of Cold. So, its not like a super self buffing engine, but it is nice.

7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I'm using a Dual Optimum D-45 along with a Staff of Winter to some success. It would be nice to have the Cooling Laser come up more often, however.

Sir Veza and Juxtapostion like this.
  8. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

I managed a 21 damage rocket run during testing... Was a Dwarf Wiz on the receiving end of it so no achievement for me I guess. :p

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  9. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

For the cushioning armor being OP. Folks did a lot of testing and it did not come out as an OP armor. Yes, it's not fun to see pop up on an opposing warrior but there is plenty of armor removal in the game. Cult of Bejeweled users might have to run off to the corner to cry but people actually putting together flexible builds will find sundering strike is on plenty of good weapons. Or just use a wizard and boil or burn the enemy to death.

Other folks thought vamp priests would be OP with it but they can only get a single copy in their deck so the chances of drawing it are not great and all your armor removal options are still there.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Which is a nice thing. Although a real flexible build is not easy to accomplish. There are many different things you have to care of, as armor, attachment and also terrain attachments seem to be playing a bigger role.

11. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

My priest generally fills all these rolls. Many times he's had to rush in, sunder some armor and scamper away after taking a smack or two to the head. Purging burst should be 3+ on any priest these days. Easy to do with a single blue token for weapon or divine item. For terrian, I tend to like packing extra team moves. Pretty much guaranteed to get everyone off nasty terrain and hopefully closer to the squishy who made it.

Basically, a support priest is a must for any MP build but that has been the case for a long time... Unless you're just playing a very focused build then that is the trade off you are choosing to make.

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Wildarm: you double posted, please delete 1 of your duplicates

13. boopn

boopn Kobold

14. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

If we are talking cards, then I'd put it between Tier 1 and Tier 2, itemwise Tier 2-3.

Juxtapostion likes this.
  15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I have reimplemented Hypnotic Beacon into the build, and it is working better this time around. I suppose it can stay, along with the Dual Beacons.

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Can you give a bit of a review of the card for the guide? And what tier do you think it is? 2 or 3?

17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I'm not the one to determine the level of a card. I'll say, when it works, it really works, and when it doesn't, I often end up with a warrior right in my face.

I imagine if you had multiples around a board, you could make it very hard for someone to get anywhere, but it would have to be a focus of a build. It might see more use in conjunction with Lava Pool, attempting to strand someone in the middle for a round or two. Keeping someone on terrain or in a certain area to prevent line of sight.

I have no clue how it affects team moves, as I have not see one played when I have had a beacon out.

Janet likes this.
  18. Pathy

Pathy Orc Soldier

You've found Cooling Lasers in Randimar's / Chests already?

19. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I have two Supercooled Lasers and Two Dual Optimum D-45s. Cooling Lasers all around.

Fun card when it comes up.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Thanks for this Gulo, I think few players tweak around with mages as much as you do, so can't think of anyone more suited to suggest a Tier! I am going to put it in Tier 3 unless you reccomend otherwise.