Why The Lunginator is one of the best weapons in the game

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Ector, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Crap. I've missed it again... :(
    With the new wonderful blocks The Lunginator should become even more powerful... but the new weapons are powerful too!

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

There's one in particular that made me think of you and this thread.

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Nice weapon, its cards have good synergy, and it doesn't even need Crusher - Bruiser is enough. But the Scourge will never outmatch The Lunginator, since it offers worse tech (no block removing) and roughly the same damage for (majortoken)(majortoken).

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Another expansion an still no weapons with Shambling Bash. **sigh**

VermillionOcean, Bandreus and Ector like this.
  5. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

Oh yeah, the lungination menace is back! ;)

I'm currently trying out this build:

Lysergic A. Diethelamide
    Level 19 Dwarf Warrior

Psilocybe Cyanesence
    Level 19 Human Priest

Synthetic Mescaline
    Level 1 Human Wizard

I mainly want to test out Zoltan's Laser Scourge, which made me use Advanced Crushing instead of the other legendary with 3x crusher. Some minor changes to the other ones. I've gotten hold of pretty much all the cards I want for this deck now, so I'll see how far it goes.

6. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Love it! I've been running the Zoltan's/Lunginator combo since I got my Zoltan's, it's a ton of fun. Pretty sure I'm running Blazing Short Sword as my third weapon. Consider some double Flanking Move boots on that warrior, and maybe an All-Out Attack if you can fit it in. I've managed to one-shot a couple of Dwarf Wizards, not sure I've had a better feeling in this game!

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Awesome! :cool: One-shotting any wizard is fun, but one-shotting a dwarf is something special!

8. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

Allright Melanchton... I updated according to your suggestions (except the blazing sword - show me your build so I can see how it synergizes with the rest of your deck?). So far I've reached a top rating of 1744 with this sucker, my personal best. 10th in the rankings, it said...

Lysergic A. Diethelamide
    Level 19 Dwarf Warrior

Psilocybe Cyanesence
    Level 19 Human Priest

Synthetic Mescaline
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  9. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

And THERE, I *JUST* one-shot-AoA-whipped my first dwarven wizard. It was GLORIOUS - his Aegis Def block failed! He went "fu" after that, and I consequently felt like a million bucks. Yum. So worth it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Nice work, gennelmen. Might squeeze an Akon's onto the mage and replace the Dark Drewg's with a Purging Mace with a scrounged minor on the Priest. Thoughts?

11. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

I was running the BSS because I had my tokens in other places, and I wanted some more two-range attacks. I'm trying it your way (swapping a tokenless shield and the 2x Rushing Aura/AoA helm) now in a three-warrior team and I quite like it!

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

Ok... I just had another Zoltan drop in my lap unexpectedly so I have changed my dwarf a bit. Also replaced the Dark Drewg's with a Purging Mace for the priest like Happenstance said. The priest change seems to not work as well as I hoped. In some places I'm really happy (beating of pesky 2 elf war + priest builds) and other places I just have dead cards in there where I needed the firepower. Will try some more with it in.

There's probably still room for improvement here, soooo.... Let me know if you have suggestions...

Lysergic A. Diethelamide
    Level 19 Dwarf Warrior

Psilocybe Cyanesence
    Level 19 Human Priest

Mescaline
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Master Goo likes this.
  13. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

I just realized that I no longer run any Lunginators, and therefore my deck isn't qualified for this thread anymore! I'm going to have to suggest a thread renaming to "why lunging bash is one of the best cards in the game"... :)

14. hello world

hello world Hydra

A little tip:if a character with ready to strike bashes someone against an adjacent wall it will trigger ready to strike.

15. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Well, as nice an item the lunginator is, i've yet to see it at high-level even once.

Ector, it's one thing to talk about how good an item is, its another thing to prove it...

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Are you aware he started this thread nearly 2 years ago? In particular, it predates the existence of Zoltan's Laser Scourge.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  17. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Despite all the balancing, nerfs and expansion packs... Lunginator remains the best weapon in the game!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  18. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Yes, but i'll never tire of fighting misinformation that is deliberately posted.