Slight changes to existing cards

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Scarponi, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I have updated the FAQ to reflect a few minor changes to existing cards in the new release, but unless you're looking that card up, you'll probably never notice. These changes will likely be listed when the build announcement is made, but there'll be a LOT that could be in there, so I thought I'd post here the few things that changed on existing cards (or as many as I remember). It's worth noting that everything that got a tweak did so because of how it would interact with new content, thus these changes were directly about the new content, the task at hand was not about improving or changing existing content.
    Non-card changes
    • The keywords "Base" "AotA" and "EttSC" when typed into the search function in the keep will now bring up the items for those sets.
    • Keyboard shortcut: "M" will open the menu.
    • Cardotron2000 is now "known" on the meta site.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

That damage type change is a pretty hard nerf for Wizards.

3. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Some (most? all?) of those changes really feel like they were needed, but they definitely make a lot of cards a lot more potent than they used to be, which in turn makes them feel like they're lower quality than they ought be.

Shrug it off and the damage-application effects, especially.

Well, definitely be fun seeing how everything balances once the update drops.

Any moment now.

Any moment..

Thanks for putting this up :)

4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Those arent slight changes in the slightest, this kills another one of my favorite builds.

To clarify, you can purge an enemy without removing his handcaps then, e.g. Combustable?

Also I wish they wouldnt have included Shrug it off, coz tokenless dwarf skills are already insane and in no need of boosting.

Good news for shimmering aura, makes a lot of items more interesting. Though including PoK and stone spike damage seems controversial. Does it negate the fiery stab burn?

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The need for purge buffs will become apparent with the EttSC release.

7. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

If I remember correctly from the trailer, there was a burst attack, which put handicaps on your opponent. This would be to busted, if the opponent had no way to deal with them, i guess.

Scarponi likes this.
  8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Is it? It seems to me it takes a card that was basically never played because it was so narrow and makes it (maybe) playable. Wizards already have the best armor removal and typically carry it anyway.
    Sure thing!
    Correct. On the flip side of them keeping Combustible, they'll of course also keep Blind Rage.
    Fiery Stab has neither a magic nor projectile attack type, so no. Did it before?

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Well i could discuss whats intuitive and whats not when it comes to shimmering aura for ages.
    Afaik shimmering doesnt stop the burn, but you know what does? Polearm slash. Well thats messed up.

I sure hope all this laser malfunction and mutation ideas wont up the random factor of this game too much.

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

That depends greatly on how much people like and play the more random cards.

11. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I thought the same, when digging to allready know cards. Also I hope it will not be to grindy. Having items going up to level 21 means, they can have much high quality cards on them. So Aegis of Defender may be collecting dust as well as Bejeweled Shortsword. Lets hope there is no legendary lvl 21 warrior weapon, which is insane.

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

One thing that'll help in this respect is items lvl 18+ all require major tokens (majortoken), and since MP is staying at lvl 18 characters, you still only have 4 major tokens for any of the high level items.

13. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I remember when VP was insane. That it cost (majortoken)(majortoken) did not help much.

Scarponi likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Bejeweled still rocks.

15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Then the expansion already failed.

16. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It did not. There has to be a way to win with commons / uncommons.

17. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

One of those uncommon double token items (Laser blunderbuss) looked insanely powerful, but indeed the randomness was a large factor.

But i like the pull the trigger, kind of reminds me of the mystery box in zombies from call of duty,
    hoping for that awesome spin was all the fun.

18. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Being able to access the unrivaled best weapon on day one dampers the whole concept of progress by finding better equipment. I don't agree that everyone has to have the chance to compete with everyone immediately. There is no harm if your matches happen in the tier of players that got the same level of items and experience as you do and you have to grow before you enter higher tiers.

19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Randomness and insanity at the player level are making a bit of a comeback in EttSC. I'm curious to see how long it takes the screaming to start in MP. (Nothing as strong as what once was, but it should be fun to watch.)

20. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It was no fun back then., but I guess your commentary was sarcasticly or you are just glad not playing mp. Back then it was one of the things that let me stop playing card hunter. It is like with lol. The game is interesting and everything, but if the community is behaving like kids in the kindergarden, it is no fun.

Sir Veza and Grimmace like this.