What is the shortest method to get most gold pieces (gp)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ClimbHigh, Oct 20, 2013.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

If I ever did this again, I would pack arcane items with firestorm, and everyone wears firehide robes / glimmer boots / untrained toughness.

2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

This time it is my turn to say: Too complicated.

I just use a copy of Staff Of The Misanthrope, Armorbane Pendant and Goat Boots. That works like a charm. Most of the time I need less than thirty seconds. Yesterday I got 1004 gold in one hour and in another 422 gold. It depends so much on whether you get epic or even legendary treasures.

I think playing multiplayer was much more efficient in the last season. There I had a really high win percantage and the games were fast. This season the games take much longer and I am loosing too much. I think I can not get to 6 wins within two hours with ranked games. Maybe on the days with Chess Madness I will farm the mp and on the others I will farm the sp.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  3. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

You cannot really count on getting Epic and certainly not Legendary Treasure ..
    What I did for few months was doing maps 2-6/7 each day .. I can finish those in around 35-40minutes .. and get ~400g without Epic/Legendary treasures..
    (note that both numbers are estimate, but its there somewhere, depends if you have Club ON and how many Rare treasures you get)

Sometimes you get E-L treasure run, sometimes you run into Bandit (which is really good actually) .. and its quite decent gold income and not near that boring as playing 1 level of 1 map over and over again..
    (I tried that before, and it's not for me)

By playing maps lvl 5-7 you I could also (rarely) get some never-have-them-enough-lvl6-legendary-items ..

I once had a hidden bandit run on ~6 days getting bandit in map lvl < 7 .. and double dipping that ..

After lvl7, depends on available time I usually added few more favorite maps .. and called it a day

j3st3ri, Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

May I asked how your party was compound? Three wizard with as many firestorms as possible? Or also a priest for buffs?

5. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Sure, I already wrote my parties on some Deck threads, but here you are:

and for 2 Trog maps .. I have custom 3 dwarf wizards with armor removal .. should be trivial to build.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Interesting. Thanks! :) My 3 Wiz averages 1 round per map on Forest of Souls, so I'll probably stick with that.
    I use 3 builds on Defense of Woodhome, and could stand to cut some load times there.
    I use 2 Wiz - Buff/Tank/heal priest on the kobolds (1 build for 5 maps, another for the last), but I haven't been buffing with Savage Curse. I'll have to give this a shot. The armored lungers have complicated the Firestorm approach.

7. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Thanks.

That first build for 2-5 maps .. is really fast.. wizards scorch everything, and warrior kicks those 2 big fellas, so I doubt there can be a notably faster build.

That second build .. I don't know if is the fastest possible .. its just really-fast-and-fast-enough for me ;) .. defense of the woodhome is really easy, but other 2 maps had some bottleneck points (armor etc), and this build doesnt have problems with that unlike 3 wizards..
    Fores of Souls -> yes, there could be a faster build for it, but its generally an easy/fast map..

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Hoo-Uh! I've been using Savage Curse with Flash of Agony, but not Firestorm because it was often hard to herd all the targets into range. I guess I've gotten better at herding, because this works like a champ on the kobolds. I haven't tried it on the armored skellies yet, though. Shaving seconds is a good thing - the more the better!
    Thanks again, to you and to @Qivril !

9. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Yes it is hard to herd them all, I had doubts at first, but somehow it does the job :/ .. sometimes you get resistant, sometimes you get lots of healing.. sometimes you get them all in range..
    sometimes priest destroys armor or on lucky-rolled-armored-fellow .. etc ..
    Sometimes 1 savaged firestorm is enough even if you dont get them all in range, but then you deal with 1-2 remaining fellows the next round .. with another SC-ed FS or SCed something else

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Thanks, I will try both parties in the evening. :)

Drakkan likes this.
  11. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Armored skellies are also ok, you usually just need to kill 1 .. that's why I like chartwell's .. and force cone .. you can move 1 dwarf on Victory Square first turn ..
    (Savage Cursed) Force Cone is great there...
    And priest helps also .. he has armor removal and some attacks ..

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've been using Trog Melters, Blasting Amulets, Toasty Robes, and a priest with two St. Portia's Mauls. The skellies usually take 3 rounds. It's been the slow one for me.

13. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

That build is also fast as hell. I love both builds. Thanks alot. I miss some items, but even without them both parties are great.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

I also tracked my times today, I played 2-6 + Forest of Souls and Beneath the Frozen Earth. I started at 22.29h and finished at 23.05h. So it took me 36minutes.
    Looks like I estimated well ;)
    I earned 290g in the process (I dont have Club at the moment, so the gold part is a bit low. But I missed 2 or 3 Rare treasures in Club slot)

I recorded times when I started each map, so those should be times with both loading and playing:

Workshop 1min
    Caverns 2min
    Lair 1min
    Highway Robbery 3min
    Ruby 3min
    Lizard Priest 3min
    Slub 3min
    Shieldhaven 2min
    Defense 4min
    White Star 4min
    Diamonds 4min
    Forest of Souls 2min
    Beneath the Frozen 3min

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks for the info! It takes me well over a minute just to load the 3 maps for Workshop, so there is a definite advantage to having a fast machine and web connection. I may have to try Steam to see if I can get quicker loads.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

One thing that would really help (especially in your case) is having the client cache your inventory instead of downloading it from the server after every battle.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good point.

18. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Well definitely, this was measured on my home comp, its in some "medium" performance rang, it loads maps ok, but the one I use for work loads even faster..

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

From the CH dictionary

workplace: noun, where you can play your fav game on a rig much faster than anything you got at home

Drakkan, Jarmo, Juxtapostion and 3 others like this.
  20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Tempting, but I think I'll stay retired.

Potato Priest, PDXTai, Jarmo and 2 others like this.