What is the shortest method to get most gold pieces (gp)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ClimbHigh, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Igniferroque

Igniferroque Mushroom Warrior

Was that a typo or is there really a way to boost your Animation speed past 10?

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

While in the game press F1 twice to bring up the console (black box w/lots of text), type "Animspeed 1000" and press ENTER. Press F1 again to close the console.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

And while you have the console open, you can see a list of other commands available by typing: help
    Edit: The cls command will clear the screen so you don't have to navigate to the bottom to see what you're doing.

4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I was wrong about this. Have been farming these mines for some days straight atm and I have gotten 0 epic treasures and 0 legendary treasures. But I have countless of C/U/R treasures. (At least 50 rare treasures, haven't counted though. Gotten almost 10 000 gold already. Also 3+ legendary items and many epic items.)
    So I think this "speical drop table" that these level 6 adventures have doesn't include epic/legendary treasures. So the calculations I quoted are not correct. The average gold per hour has to be less than that.
    I currently have data of 1012 drops from there and they are worth 3029 gold in total so 2.99 gold/item.
    So playing 30s/battle one can get on average only 1078 gold per hour and playing a little slower, 40s/battle, on average only 808 gold per hour.
    A much more realistic result.

wavy likes this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

My first legendary treasure ever was from one of the level 6 Kobold adventures (that's the only reason I remember).

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've found epic & legendary treasures in the kobold mines as well.

7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

These mines have 50% of drops from that loot table so ofc it's possible to get them from there.
    I was talking about these treasures because my 1st calculation assumed that 75% of treasures dropped in there are common, 20% uncommon, 4% rare, 0.85% epic and 0.15% legendary but that doesn't seem to be the case in mines.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Does anyone still care about how chests are filled with items? Over on the test server there's a cheat code to set your player level (renown). I went through a Mauve Manticore with a renown of 127 and got one level 17 Common treasure, 4x Rowan Magestaff, and 6 non-treasure Uncommons (nothing of higher rarity). Checking the wiki, I see that the only level 18 treasure is non-droppable, and of course the White Star Diamond is Rare. From this I conclude that the server uses these steps to fill a chest:
    1. Set rarity
    2. Set if treasure or not
    3. Set level (factoring in introductory levels) *
    4. Set type (if not treasure)

* I also set my renown negative and played Riddle of the Gnomes and got a bunch of level 1 and 2 items.

Sir Veza, Jarmo and Squidy like this.
  9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I'm rather sure the system doesn't care about type (other than treasure) as Jon stated ages ago that types are taken care of by the relative amounts of different types of items. To get a certain ratio of weapons to turn up, they just create x weapons where x/total amount of items is the desired ratio. So I very much doubt step 4 exists.

That being said, thanks for the new research, Kalin!

I've been wondering why you always list the item types in your loot drops, this post of yours might explain it.

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I am curious where you are farming at the moment. Since the nerf of firestorm the first stage of "Diamonds of the Kobolds" is not that attractive anymore. I prefere the first stage of "Lair of the Trog Wizard" with the following build:

Farmer
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

The plan is to use the cards of Armorbane Pendant to remove the armors, deal first damage with Emberburst and finish with firestorm. Pretty straight forward. I tried also Bertha's Big Clogs and Iberial's Boots, but the trait and armor of the Glimmer Boots seems to be the best fitting cards for me. With the build I most often win in the first turn and can clean & reload the stage within 40 seconds.

But still I am not getting anywere close to the result mentioned above with
    My results so far are around 240 gold per hour (sample size are eight hours with incomes between 180 and 300 gold per hour). Notable is, that I good neither an epic nor an legendary treasure, but a Staff Of The Misanthrope and a Staff Of The Inferno.

Where and how do you farm? What are your earnings per hour?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  11. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Too complicated. Fastest map completion at the moment is in Caverns #1 - take over-leveled dwarf mages wielding 6x Staff Of The Misanthrope. If you're wedded to Lair #1, just firespam with over-leveled dwarf mages until they die.

By my calculations, however, if you're an above-average PvP player (capable of 6 wins in 2 hours), you'll probably net the most return for your investment of time. Farming SP isn't worth it unless you can go 24/7 while watching anime.

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

@Obernoob - the special loot tables which were in place for certain (two?) adventures were removed a few releases ago, so the calculations in this thread no longer apply. As @neoncat says, the fastest battle wins are at the low level adventures with either the staves or max firestorm, so that's probably the best return for your time.

There's no way to farm specifically for treasure these days, sadly :(

13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

On the other hand, adventures no longer become unplayable upon completion, so now you don't have to constantly leave and come back, but can just play through all the modules of an adventure and then repeat.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It wouldn't be worth it if I had to watch anime. :eek:
    I still sometimes firestorm the first 3 maps of Shieldhaven while waiting for the fairy & bandit to move. A round per map, and a slim chance of another Strongarm or 3.

15. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Aren't most of the items you still need for your collection in a different level range?

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yes, but I now have 3 accounts. I farm Swamp King with my main account, but the others need gold. At least I can make some progress with the new ones, and a few more good tokenless legendaries never hurts.

17. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Sorry, I mean that one. Using Staff Of The Misanthrope sounds like an interesting alternative. What gear do you use beside that? Also Armorbane Pendant?

The most net should be playing both leagues each day and winning on each three games.

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Note that leagues are a great way to get items, but you'll never get treasures from those chests so they're bad for farming.

Sir Veza and Vakaz like this.
  19. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Depends. I love Triple Duel and Chess Madness for farming. The chests from the league are just bonus. Getting more items for free wont do any harm. ;)

Btw. I now have three Staff Of The Misanthropes and will try tommorow if my farmers are faster with that one.

20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity